anijog

Road Rage & How To Avoid It

This is one topic we need to discuss. I have seen some forms of road rage in my driving life. So as a precaution I keep a 2 Ft HV solid cable piece which gives me some sort of security. I also keep a Victorinox on the car.

Never know when you will require it!!.

I had this case of road rage in Pune city when driving my car A 2 wheeler cut in from the left and got in front of the car, I again overtook him since I had a clear lane and when I slowed at the signal this guy cuts in again in front, to avoid he doing this I acclerated some more to block him and this got his goat. He parked the bike in front of the car and came up to my window. I did not open it and he just kept yapping on the window after which he left.

I think it is best to be passive in some cases and defensive in all others, being aggressive does not help.

Yes!! if some one tries to damage your vehicle or injure you, you have to take action.

I read a case recently in Bangalore where a guy was patiently waiting at a red light. A car came up behind and kept honking for the first guy to ignore the light and move as the intersection was clear. First guy ignored this and kept waiting.

Then 4 guys got down from the 2nd car and bashed this guy up....

Thats what you get for following rules....

If you want to escape road rage then one must ride in a 'tank' like Pierce Brosnan did in the "Golden Eye" or drive around in your sedan with a "Magnum" in a holster for all the world to see..or best leave it on the dash.

In Bombay, the traffic scene is somewhat better. People may honk behind you to jump the red light, but no one has ever come up to me to discuss the matter personally if you know what I mean.

I find ***** everyday on my home-office commute. First I used to get really bothered when someone cut me off or was generally being a spanner. But I realised with time that there was no point in fuming. We are the world's second largest population, if I kept creating a fuss for every other *****, I would be facing mental disorder rather early in my life.

My mantra, listen to your favourite songs, mutter under your breath and get ready for the next runaway cabbie. Be the bigger man and forgive these people. Works for me.

FRG

I remember one such incident of road rage involving famous people in the papers some time back.

It was Nana Phataker and some rich dude who got in to an arguement at the toll on the xprway and Nana got in to on screen mode with a gun in his hand, that was way xxxxtreme!!!!

i have a steering lock in my car which also serves as a personal defence equipment...personally one cant help abusing ***** who want to drive slow and that also in the 1st lane of the road....if you want to drive slow than you can drive it on the leftmost lane. i also cant stand people who dont give side even when they know they are driving slow..the best treatment to them is to get up close with them and keep blowing the horn till they give way !!!!

the best treatment to them is to get up close with them and keep blowing the horn till they give way

I would recommend to blow horn when you are at a distance so that by the time you reach them, they would have moved from your way. This will save your time, fuel (and money too).

I used to be a very angry person on the road - did a lot of mischief with my Fiat 1100D's bumpers - but driving in the UK for 6 years - having to behave on the road made me a better driver and a relatively calmer person!

The objective is to get to point A to B and in the process keep the car intact, I dont mess with anyone but if someone chooses to mess around I keep an old Fiat steering rod - most dont say anything once they see that piece of metal.

"if someone has damaged my car/ obstructed my way, by fighting, shouting and screaming not only am I creating a scene on the road but also doing myself harm and the only people gaining out of the situation are the workshop people and my doctor!"