ramsb74

Used car SX4 or New Dzire petrol

I am confused between used SX4 and new Dzire zxi petrol?

I will be running around 50 km a day. My budget is 6L. I am getting a used SX4 with 31K miles on it for 5.5L. condition is certified good by Truevalue maruti. It looks great to me except that one of the indicator light was not working, which the dealer said he has fixed it by now.

Is it worthwhile to go for SX4 considering its low mileage between 10-11 or Dzire which gives 12-13??

I know Dzire diesel will be good choice but i dont know why I hate diesel cars either nosie, maintenance worries concerning me.

Suggest a good first car for me!

um i think you can go for an sx4 vxi and a new one

since you have a budget of 6 lacs

just add up 50000 and you can get a sx4 vxi new one

or you can consider the refined linea petrol d ynamic variant

dzire petrol zxi also costs around 6 lacs 50 thousand

but if you want to have the real fun of dzire, go for ldi variant or vdi variant.

You can also go for a ford fiesta petrol zxi or sxi which come with abs, music system,foglamps, leather seats and sxi also has airbags

If you want space and nothing else, go for the logan connect.

or if you want a hatchback,

go for skoda fabia 1.4 mpi elegance, hyundai i10 asta or

swift zxi or even i10 asta

Its up to you know

but out of the two, i personally prefer an sx4 vxi as it is a very good VFM and spacious and deccent to drive too!

Kindly mention the year of manufacture of SX4 and also the version. For your running diesel seems a better bet , since you refraining from it among the two SX4 scores highly on VFM. As already mentioned go for a New SX4 instead, there are massive discounts on this model.

If rear space & looks are not an issue go for Dzire.

In all the aspects like performance,comfort,off road ability,ruggish looks the SX4 is the best.Any how there is only 1-2 km low mileage compared to the swift dzire.AQs u will be buying the car from maruti true it would be accident free vechile & evven they provide 1 year warranty on the vechile.But bargain for a better price because there prices would be higher compared to the market as they put additional money on the car for minor dents,repairs after buying from the seller.

i can give you list of some equipment in zxi versions of both cars

Sx4

Steering Mounts

Alloy Wheels

6 speaker audio system

Automatic [but not digital] climate control

leather seats

ABS

Airbag

Was the longest in class but now linea is

Best ground clearance

Swift Dzire

ABS

Airbags?

Digital Climate Control

Steering Mounts?

Nippon 4 speaker audio system

Leather Seats

Alloy Wheels?

Thanks friends for the suggestions. SX4 seems to be leading the choice so far. (the year of SX4 is 2007 and 31K miles on it. For 5.5L).

Dzire : Fair Look, Poor rear comfort, 12-13 km/l mileage 

SX4: Great look, Good rear comfort, 8-9 km/l

Ofcourse new vs old is warranty and tension free drive. but true value evaluated this second hand Sx4 to be in good condition. looks good too. I liked the idea of Vxi new model, but no airbag and ABS, climate control, height adjustable for driver seat, no steering audio controls, no music system, I beleive, as per thier website. http://www.marutisx4.com/home.html#

I enquired popular maruti for new sx4 vxi, there are no discount, they say, sounds odd. isn't it?

Considering the comfort and quality but without warranty, should I go for ZXI 2007 model at 5.5L?

or better go for new Dzire Zdi with all those features except rear comfort / fair look with warranty??

Even through diesel is good for my monthly mileage of 1000 Km/l, I am concerned wth diesel engines with worrying maintenance overheads and the noise levels. even wiht new technology like CRDi engines, turbo engines, as this is my first car, i want to be safe with with petrol only. May be I am overstating it.

@ramsb74

VXi comes with music system and tubeless tyres. It was added nearly an year ago. Check with the dealer again. Also mileage of SX4 according to user claims is 10-11. So it mostly depends on your driving style and traffic conditions.

For 1000 kms per month, petrol makes sense but if it has good FE, so try to get a used City.

Among the two i would suggest you to go for the used SX4 Zxi since you want features like ABS,Airbags and all.

Do consider i20 Asta too if buying a sedan is not your top priority, it is fully loaded and will have good FE too.

I have booked i20 which ranks in quality, comfort, safety and spacious factors. thanks for all your suggestions. Hope my selection is good!! except for the FE, 11 which is decent for my petrol car selection.

Congrats ramsb74, i20 is a superb hatch and one of my favourites, that is why i suggested in my previous post that you consider i20 too.

FE will improve after 1st servicing.

Which variant did you go for?tanmay872009-03-24 05:10:58