i_see

help in chosing car

hello everyone,
i need your help for deciding on a new car.
cars shortlisted are

city gxi (non v-tec)

optra 1.6 ls

cedia (base model)

the criteria are comfort, smooth ride and trouble free and economical  maintainance.
        monthly running will be 800-1000 kms
        also want to know about discounts/offers available in each car
        any indication of any of these cars upgraded/replaced in near future..if so when
thanks in advance
FuelRunGod2007-10-18 10:07:43

Hi,

If you want to buy a car with your head it'll be the City, with your heart probably the Cedia and with a little of both then Optra it would be. So go ahead decide with which part of your body your going to choose your car with and enjoy, all the same smiley4.gif. Cedia is in the Corolla league, City is the C segment slicker, and Optra 1.6 is some where in between. I have driven the City and the Optra. The City is a very user friendly car that you can't go wrong with. Optra 1.6 is also very easy to drive and refined and has the big car feel. And the Cedia is the dark horse here with a lot going for it and a bigger 2.0lit engine to give you the ego boost. Pleasantly confusing, enjoy...

gio for CITY.

although cedia makes gud sense but has not done well.

city will meet all yoiur criterias of conmfort, ease of maintenance, economy etc

dont even look at optra. it is not a drivers car,. its just spacious so if you ll be drive around considerr it.

city will also hold its value the most.

hi........

thanks for replying for post . well it will be used by my father who is a very sedate driver. we currently have a palio 1.6. he loves the power, but not the suspension. he has his heart set on city which i feel is overpriced.

will be driving 800-1000 kms  a month mainly on not so good jungle roads. every year in monsoon it rains pretty heavily overthere and roads go from bad to worse. in city driving is very less. infact the alloys of palio are damaged.....so u get the idea.

nearest service centre is also 100 kms.so reliability is a must

Hi, get the Mitsubishi Cedia. Its got the most powerful engine (2000 cc) in its segment, surely your dad would love it. And coming to the bad roads, Cedia comes fitted with rally based suspensions which would do the job.

Hi,

Then your choice must be a Scorpio or Fusion, not a sedan. The City may not fare that well on broken tarmac and has a low ground clearance. Cedia long term service is ?? and Optra may be the only one to fare somewhat better than the other two. So reconsider.

Hi there,

I guess SX4 is a good bet considering the use on bad roads.  The large 16inch wheels and excellent ground clearance will give you peace of mind on potholed roads.  The approach and departure angles are good too, so you needn't bother about bottoming the car anyhow.  Maruti cars are known for the reliability more than anything else.

Jitz

i  dont agree with rssh as he said go for optra as its maintence in taken care of by the company itself ,its going to cost u hardly rs 15000 for the given 3 years time on any of the cars and dont u see the city is  nearly 50000 cheaper that the optra and fuel economy is 12 -12.5 in city driving this is what i am getting for the last 18 months on my city with the ac on and no problems as yet with anything and u said its for your dad and he likes it so why wait anymore that is most important factor ,by the way when its honda u dont need to think twice.

i  dont agree with rssh as he said go for optra as its maintence in

taken care of by the company itself ,its going to cost u hardly rs 15000

for the given 3 years time on any of the cars and dont u see the city

is  nearly 50000 cheaper that the optra and fuel economy is 12 -12.5 in

city driving this is what i am getting for the last 18 months on my

city with the ac on and no problems as yet with anything and u said its

for your dad and he likes it so why wait anymore that is most important

factor ,by the way when its honda u dont need to think twice.