rajesh_ks

Help me to choose the best car

I am planning to buy a new car and this will be my first. My budget is around 4 laks. I do not plan to use the car for commuting to work everyday! I need it purely for the weekend outings with my small family. My priorities are low maintenance cost and fule economy. I am considering Santro i10 and Wagon R. I might be wrong, so kindly suggest me a good car which fulfill my desires.

Thank you

cheers

Rajesh smiley5.gif

Add spark to your list by removing Wagon-r. All three cars are best and you are not wrong with these cars. The only minus point in santro is it's age and hence lower resale value after few years. I-10 is best among the list but bit expensive to buy for the features it offers. For more or less same features Spark is cheaper by 70k. Test drive all the cars with your family and decide the car which you all find perfect. Do not buy any car without power steering. It is must. All the best.

nikvint2009-03-19 12:11:45

Of the three cars that you have picked, i10 is the best close your eyes and pick it. It is the most modern of the three and certainly the best.

If you feel that the space is not adequate for carrying your baggage you can look at indica vista. It has a brilliant fiat engine and is very spacious.

My 2 cents go for i10 kappa sportz.

i10 is the best out of the cars mentioned by you. Consider Swift and Spark also. Swift would be the most fuel efficeient among the specified cars.Spark has got some attractive offers now. Check out. Forget Santro though its a good car it is dated now. Wagon R never even think

Thanks Rki !

thats a very good suggestion. Only thing that i want to make sure is that you really mean i 10 is less fuel efficient than Swift! Ofcourse, space for the luggage is also very important point to consider for long haul. And in Swift both diesel and petrol models available which on would you recommend. What about models in TATA.....any suggestions.

cheers

Rajesh

Of the three cars that you have picked' date=' i10 is the best close your eyes and pick it. It is the most modern of the three and certainly the best.If you feel that the space is not adequate for carrying your baggage you can look at indica vista. It has a brilliant fiat engine and is very spacious.My 2 cents go for i10 kappa sportz.

[/quote'] THanks Rahul

rajesh, welcome to autocarindia, with your kind usage forget diesel, within petrol options i would suggest you to have alook at i10with 1.2 kappa engine though is over ur budget but way ahead in tech with newer norms getting applicable sooner its a wise decision to go for that. Also to be considered is chevy spark, very good refined engine with good freebies and maintenance package from GM,check out these cars,test drive them and decide.CHEERS!

rajesh' date=' welcome to autocarindia, with your kind usage forget diesel, within petrol options i would suggest you to have alook at i10with 1.2 kappa engine though is over ur budget but way ahead in tech with newer norms getting applicable sooner its a wise decision to go for that. Also to be considered is chevy spark, very good refined engine with good freebies and maintenance package from GM,check out these cars,test drive them and decide.CHEERS![/quote']

Hi Vijay,

Thanks pal. i want a decent space for the luggage. do i 10 serve this purpose. How about a Indica Vista from TATA.

Also heard a lot from car lovers about stability of the car while taking turns at high speed on highways.... cars which i have shortlisted (i 10, swift, indica vista) have this kind of problem!

Thanks for the advise. Yeah, your right safety should be the top priority. How would you rate Indica vista on fuel economy, comfort and resale value. Is it a good value for money. Can i go for that instead of a Swift which leaves slightly a bigger hole in my pocket!

cheers,

Rajesh

Dear Mr. Rajesh, Vista is superb car to go for and it is the most VFM car in the segment. As your driving is very less and you can hold the car for long period, F.E. and re-sale value will not make much difference in your pocket. It will serve all your purpose perfectly and will be more stable on highway. The boot space is not best but just OK for the size of the car. As you have added Vista in your list, now I will add Vista as the first car to be preferred over others. But please Test drive the car extensively in city traffic for front vision. It is bit botheration for first time drivers due to it's high dash board. All the best.

Thanks everybody for your invaluable suggestios! Finally i feel Indica Vista is the one for me, again i need your help to decide whether diesel or petrol. Which is better in terms of long term maintenance and FE. I have also received good reviews about Chevy Spark and U-VA. Are these models from Chevy reliable

cheers

Rajesh

rajesh, if your monthly usage is more or around 1000kms think to opt for diesel engine or else stick to petrol, yes u-va is a good car from GM,spacious very silent engine and maintenance package from GM makes it a good buy.

I think i 10 d-elite model is best sutted for your budjet arround 4 lakhs, even iam thinking of going for i10 delite model, only thing is it dosent have power stearing, bumpers can be painted to body colour in just 2000 Rs. please advise if i can compromise on power stearing, i have experiance of driving alto without power stearing and not faced any inconvinience. but have not tried the vehicle with power stearing .