Hello Friends,

Few days ago I decided to buy a premium hatchback. My priority list includes,

1. Good ride quality

2. Good reliablility

3. Excellent Safety features

4. Good interiors

5. good legroom for rear passangers

I did test drive couple of them,

Hyundai i20 Asta, Fabia 1.2 Elegance, hyundai getz 1.3 glx.

I dropped idea of Getz as it will be phased out.

I am more inclined to Fabia 1.2 Elegance petrol (Top end model with Electric Sunroof). I also heard regarding Honda Jazz being launched. However I am pretty confused which one to buy. I mean wait for the jazz or go with Skoda 1.2 petrol Elegance.I have ruled out i20 asta also since its much crowded and plasticky with poor visibility due to dash, rear small window screen and thick pillars and very hard suspensions.

Do let me know if Fabia would be the correct choice or is there any other car that i should wait for. There is a mix response regarding Fabia, however nowadays people are more satisfied with Fabia and there are many useful features which are in Fabis 1.2 Elegance which are not even in civic or city.

My usage -- 30-40 kms daily in pune city, weekends at @100 kms on highways.

Regards,

Amit

well fabia is a good car but skoda are expensive to maintain i.e. servicing and spare parts are very high and the petrol skoda won't fetch you a good resale value..

well you can wait for the jazz which is going to be launched very soon ..and being a honda it would be relatively cheap to maintain and also fetch a high resale value as compared to fabia

well fabia is a good car but skoda are expensive to maintain i.e. servicing and spare parts are very high and the petrol skoda won't fetch you a good resale value..

well you can wait for the jazz which is going to be launched very soon ..and being a honda it would be relatively cheap to maintain and also fetch a high resale value as compared to fabia

I second this opinion and request you to wait till the launch of Jazz and Punto in 2-3 months time. All the best.

It will be better if you can wait till july since both Jazz and GP are expected to be launched by july.

Fabia is costlier to maintain and FE is even less than most C-segment cars, 1.2 petrol is pretty sluggish too.

So if you don't like i20, it's better you wait for few months.

Your use is nearly 1200 km a month. I wolud suggest you go for a diesel car. If your heart is set on a hatchback then i suggest you wait for Fiat GP, otherwise have a look at diesel sedans.

Of the above though i20 has a puny engine, according to overdrive test it is more powerful than Fabia. Havent checked out the visibility but interior quality is definitely better than i20. If you can wait then wait for Jazz, also wait because Skoda is going to increase locallisation of Fabia so price is expected to go lower

Wait till July. by that time, Jazz and Grande Punto will be out in the market and VW will start manufacturing FABIA in its new factory and may improve the car with more features or better engine.

After July it will battle royale between these three and the customer will get the best choice.

Diesel engine does not make sense below 2000 KMs per month so buy a petrol only.
akj53in2009-03-20 13:01:04

i think i20 is a best option,, but if u dnt like then its ur choice... i think you have to wait till may 2009.. check honda jazz.... it will be a superb car in terms of safety,, quality & VFM... all we know honda coming to this segment & it will try to give you maximum to capture market share....

i m not sure but honda may launch jazz in Apr2009. as all tests are over..

Amit if you aren't in a hurry, I suggest you wait for the Jazz, it's one hatch to have performance, space and feature's<Honda is likely to skimp on feature's, as usual>. I think Jazz would be the premium hatch to wait for. Fabia is good feature's wise, but the engine is a 3 cyl.1.2 petrol, and at 7.2 lakhs otr is on the expensive side, but is sure to impress your friend's.

i think i20 is a best option' date=', but if u dnt like then its ur choice... i think you have to wait till may 2009.. check honda jazz.... it will be a superb car in terms of safety,, quality & VFM... all we know honda coming to this segment & it will try to give you maximum to capture market share....

i m not sure but honda may launch jazz in Apr2009. as all tests are over..
[/quote']

are you sure about this piece of news?

yes i m sure about my news... honda will be price wise high on indian roads..... rest the launching decision yet to finalised by honda management.... by not disclosing the sources here i can only say watch & see planning & tricks of HONDA.. They are just waititng FIAT Punto & SUZUKI Ritz official information.....  

once it comes you will see JAZZ in market....

if cant wait then go for i20 magna or asta...... based on similar technique & engine specification.. i20 will be economical than jazz

AMIT,

Premium Hatch market is heating up , dont be in a hurry, wait for JAZZ n Punto to launch..! IT will surely worth waiting.!

Fabia: Expensive n not refined, underpowered

I20 : Great hatch but underpowered

Punto have been creating new waves in europe and its a great hatch.

Dear Friends,

Thanks a lot for your response. I have taken your valuable suggestions into consideration and would be waiting for the launch of Jazz.

However I did take a proper test drive, like applying the brakes when I reached 100 kms /hr on speedometer, suddenly taking aturn on high speeds and found Fabia more solid and reliable. Also the features offered were far better than any good sedan and most of them are quite useful. however I have found that everyone is crying foul regarding Fabia's after sales and spares/maintainence costs.

Also i have found major sales of Fabia in Pune, dont know the exact reason, however people are prefering fabia petrol 1.2 these days. maybe i am wrong.

Net, I will wait for Jazz launch. Once againg Thanks a Lot!  Do let me know if you get along any news regarding Jazz/Fabia petrol.