indibiker

Bajaj XCD 135 DTS-Si

overall its a nice bike,new n fuel efficient dts-si tech.fresh an all new bike.nice package.u can surely go for it.i had also planned to buy it but on my brothers lots of insistence i got a hunk which is a 150 but if i would have to go for a 125 i would definitly got either the xcd 135 or the honda stunner which is also a very good bike but less equipment levels. 

Xcd 135 is a good bike. But many don't like its looks. Moreover it doesn't give a fantastic mileage. You can expect somewhere around 45 kmpl. But it has got features like digital speedometer etc.

Have you shortlisted any other bike?

Xcd 135 is a good bike. But many don't like its looks. Moreover it doesn't give a fantastic mileage. You can expect somewhere around 45 kmpl. But it has got features like digital speedometer etc.

Have you shortlisted any other bike?

I don't think it can give such a low mileage.   Whatever I have heard so far about the mileage is that it is one of the most fuel efficient among 125/135 cc bikes.

Even the Pulsar 150 gives mileage greater than 50 kmpl.

Expect new xcd to give you around 60kmpl, as company has tried to give more power without disturbing the FE,but though i havent driven it but have heard that company has somehow disturbed its handling, so take a test drive and then decide, also you can have a look at honda's CBF stunner.

@bikophobic

You bought Hunk but kept your profile photo of Pulsar 200. That's interesting.

@indibiker

XCD135 is very good bike. It will return FE of more than 65kpl in city if driven smoothly and in less traffic.

I own Pulsar 180 DTS-i (LCD Speedometer) of Feb 2007. I get 50+kpl in city. I think may be I can extract 55-60kpl from it.

For your information, I have not changed any part of the bike to increase the FE. The Carb is same, jets are same, Spark plugs are same. The bike has all the original specification parts. Still I am getting that kind of mileage.

@bikophobic
    You bought Hunk but kept your profile photo of Pulsar 200. That's interesting.

@sudeepd you have 4got 2 see i have pulsar 180 also and as far as the hunk is concerned i just not at all like hero hondas so hunk is from the same stable,i just love pulsar 150/180smiley1.gif/200 and fzsmiley1.gif.hunk was bought by my elder brother who has now sent it to me,as he is going abroad.  

agreed to rki, pulsar is more fuel efficient then hunk or fz 16, but xcd 135 betters all of these. my neighbour owns a fz16 and he is not satisfied with fuel efficiency but overall loves the bike like anything. among my friends those who own hunk, they complain about fuel efficiency too when compared to 3-4 pulsars that we have in our group, obviously it depends on traffic, driving style, but thats a minor +/-2kmpl, while difference between hunk and pulsar comes out to be 5 - 7kmpl, so can say there is 3-5 kmpl difference keeping in minding different conditions.

Bajaj is marginally better in fuel efficiency. But Hunk better in drivability, engine smoothness etc. Only gripe with Hunk is that, the Pillion seat is very narrow, which is a concern in long journeys. i had a 200km trip on unicorn, and it was very uncomfortable at the pillion. Driver seat is pretty comfortable. :)

And regarding the XCD, I haven't driven 135cc yet. But I drive XCD125 quite often. And it feels very comfortable .We are getting an average mileage of 75kmpl in Coimbatore. The ride quality felt to be even better than Hunk. But I have always missed a 5th gear in XCD125. Happy that, 135 comes with a 5th gear. :)