Shockwave

Best Small car? (Diesel)

Hi all,

I currently own a India V2 Xeta GLX Petrol, and already own a India V2 DLX Diesel, and I find the diesel model waay too fuel and cost efficient.

So I am deciding to sell my Petrol Xeta and get a diesel car in stead.

Can anyone recommend me the best diesel cars in the small (hatchback) category without being too costly?

Personally, I find Indica's very spacious, making the purchase even of a small car worthy. But the same cannot be said about other brands (I.e: Maruti, Hyundai, etc).

But obviously you people know a lot more about cars than me, so I am looking forward to your replies.

Also, How is Indigo CS? Does anyone here owns and willing to share his/her experience?

Thanks in advance! :)

shockwave,indigo cs still runs with the older gen engines while new indica vista has fiat's multijet engine which tata has called its quadrajet,more refined,FE and better to drive with loads of space available in indica, if boot isnt your requirement you can go for indica vista quadrajet.

Wel.... Indica VISTA is a perfect Buy for your need.

Swift is undoubtedly best Diesel Hatch available today.....since you already own TATA, you can also add SWIFT diesel in your fleet.

VISTA or SWIFT .. both are great, choose the one u feel

Thanks all.

So in a sense, Swift and Vista are close in the race. And since swift is soo common, I might just go for Vista :D

Now this is totally different question, but I thought of getting Indigo CS, a midsize sedan, for the price of a hatchback (albeit not a fully loaded one).

But would it be a bad decision going for Indigo CS diesel over Vista Diesel just for sedan's sake?

do you need to buy one right away? you could always wait for the proposed hyundai 1.1 litre i10 diesel, expected around diwali (so rumour has it) or the i20 1.4 diesel expected sometime this year?

the i20 should be spacious enough methinksdiablo379892009-03-25 06:32:50