deadlydevil42

New car under 6 lakhs

i am planning to buy a new car in a month. I have short listed to Swift Vdi , TataIndigo Cs Dicor ,Indica Vista & Ford Ikon 1.4Tdci.. My budget is upto 6 lac on road..I usually cover 3000-4000kms /month. Kindly suggest considering cost , maintenance & efficincy.

i am planning to buy a new car in a month. I have short listed to Swift Vdi ' date=' TataIndigo Cs Dicor ,Indica Vista & Ford Ikon 1.4Tdci.. My budget is upto 6 lac on road..I usually cover 3000-4000kms /month. Kindly suggest considering cost , maintenance & efficincy.[/quote']

Hi deadlydevil42 welcome to the forum

Considering cost , maintenance & efficiency i would suggest Swift vdi. Because indigo cs doesn't have a refined engine, ford ikon is heavier in terms of maintenance costs(But check out Ford is planning to reduce its spare costs).

Vista is good option. Its has got more space than the Swift.

I personally feel you can choose Swift or Vista.

All the best .smiley1.gif

hey man best suggestion for u is to go for Ford ikon TDCi. its a hell of a performance sedan with great efficient engine, good build quality, sporty suspension, superbly responsive steering and plus u get a sedan at the price of a top end Swift diesel (VDi) or Indica Vista Quadrajet(AURA). i have test driven the car and its a good car. Swift diesel is also good but be prepare to wait as there is a huge waiting period and body rattle after few months, dreary cramped all black interiors, small rear windows.. Indica Vista, though much more refined than earlier Indica is still miles behind in terms of refinement and build quality from Ford. plus the Latest Indica Vista has a problem with the fuel pump. the Ford Ikon Tdci has good quality beige interiors and it feels plush compared to the other two cars and it has a genuine big car feel for small car money. plus its hyper fuel efficient as a midsize sedan( 14.9km/pl(city) and 19.8km/pl(highway) overall 17.5km/pl)(with 100%AC on).. The New Ford Ikon TDCi has been accepted well by the Indian consumers and it registered a healthy growth of 2000 models within 2 weeks of its launch.. and even auto analystists are saying that the new Ford IkOn TDCi has the potential to become India's most fuel efficient diesel sedan( beating all maruti cars here!!). as it has massive weight advantage over the Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi( 150Kg less than Fiesta.. Ikon TDCi's kerb weight(1060Kg only).. Go for it dude. its going to give " josh" to ur life. take care 

thanx for all ur options.. i have Ford ikon 1.8 diesel 2000 model nd till now i was oversatisfied with it completing 175000km..even i am planning to go with ford coz its time tested.. vista was a good option but it has got a taxi tag on it... nd thanx swiftvxi06 for making a good point that its a sedan compared to swift or vista in the same price range..

@swiftvxi06 

[( 14.9km/pl(city) and 19.8km/pl(highway) overall 17.5km/pl)(with 100%AC on)..

Fantastic figures pal. But is it true can it really give 14.9 in city and 19.8 highway.If yes then it is sure a good buy.
rki20072009-03-22 12:44:47

Since your running is quite a lot , a boot is necessary . As mentioned by others Ford Ikon TDCI seems like a winner here. The engine is refined, since its lighter than Fiesta i do beleive FE figures of Swiftvxi06. Its surely a good buy , and since you already happy with previous Ford , go for it!

rki 2007 you can trust swiftvxi06 on average coz even my 2000 model 1.8 D ford is giving me an average of 13.5 in city and 15-16 on highway with ac fully on..only question in my mind earlier was regarding maintenance coz ford can really empty ur pockets in no time if any technical fault arises..