varunvv

Pulsar 2004 Model just 1848Kms run- Sale

Hello All,

Am Varun from Bangalore, a new entrant here. I have a Bajaj Pulsar 150cc Black DTSi bike 2004 April model which I had run just 1848kms not even finishing my road run. The bike is in good condition. TN registration.

But since It was not used most of the time, self starter is a problem which I can get it serviced.

Planning to sell the bike and I need to know the resale value.

Please help me out guys and if possible anyone interested please contact me at 9916132543.

Thanks All

Hi Varun,

Welcome to the forum first smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif. Please let me know the reason why this bike has done such a low mileage in a span of 5 years???... because 1848kms look quite odd for me. Anyways, a moderately used 5 year old P150 will go for around 25k in Chennai

All I got this bike on April 4 2004 when I was doing my college wherein

I had a fracture in leg which left me in bed for 2yrs. Till 2006 i did

not even touch the bike.

And when I started in 2006, the bike ofcourse had problems of not self starting since it was left as it is not touched.

And i took the bike only to go my company which was only 1km from my house.

In 2007 i came from Chennai to Bangalore and hence again didnt take the bike

In

the 2nd half of 2008 i got it to bangalore and again my new company is

only 2kms from my house and i dont take it daily as I got ma new car

and wanna drive it.

So it was practically left untouched.

I have serviced it and kept it.. It has self starting problem due to non usage and hence have to service it

Any questions u can ask me.

Varun

Varun, One thing to note is that it is TN reg and you are selling in Bangalore. Even if you have paid the Karnataka road tax, your resale value will be lower if you try to sell TN reg vehicle in Bangalore.

You can sell you bike for some 23-25K. because its 2004 model. Moreover people will not believe that the vehicle has completed 1800 kms beacuse its more than 5 years.If you sell it in Bangalore poeple will be ready to buy it provided you have to reduce the price furthur so that the bike can be registered in Bangalore by paying the Road tax and registration charges to the Govt of Karnataka. I think it may cost about 7-8K.

Self starting problem may be because of the old battery problem. Once you change the battery everthing will be fine. Is it a Digital Speedometer or what?
rki20072009-03-24 02:07:34

Varun' date=' One thing to note is that it is TN reg and you are selling in Bangalore. Even if you have paid the Karnataka road tax, your resale value will be lower if you try to sell TN reg vehicle in Bangalore. [/quote']

Friend once you pay the road registration tax to the Govt of Karnataka you have to get it registered to the respective state. After paying the Road tax to Karnataka Govt why retaining the TN regn.

The registration charges will be minimal only. Road tax is a heavier one. I think for pulsar it may be 4000/-. Correct me if i am wrong. 

Dude,

Best thing would be selling the bike in TN itself. That will avoid a hell lot of confusions in the NOC and Re-registration problems, If someone from KA considers the transfer RTO Charges and buy your bike, You will get only peanuts for the bike...

Varun' date=' One thing to note is that it is TN reg and you are selling in Bangalore. Even if you have paid the Karnataka road tax, your resale value will be lower if you try to sell TN reg vehicle in Bangalore. [/quote']

?

Friend once you pay the road registration tax to the Govt of Karnataka you have to get it registered to the respective state. After paying the Road tax to Karnataka Govt why retaining the TN regn.

?

The?registration charges will be minimal only. Road tax is?a heavier one. I think for pulsar it may be 4000/-. Correct me if i am wrong.?

You have to pay the road tax first. If you plan to stay for more than 1 year you need to change registration. For that you need to get NOC from the actual regr office where it is registered.

IN both cases paying the state road tax is mandatory. Traffic police in bangalore mostly check only road tax reciept when checking other state registered vehicles.

I have the noc and also paid road tax dude

OK well and good then try to get it registered by finding some intermediary in RTO or else you can ask any of the Bajaj sales showroom people to get it registered by paying their service charges and then you can sell the bike..

If you sell in Chennai it will fetch better price than Bangalore since the buyers may think the bike could of theft (that's why you are selling TN Bike in KA State).

If sold in Chennai (Hometown), I think you may get Rs.25-28K for your Pulsar since it has Old features.

hello All,

My name is Raja.

I would like to sell my bajaj pulsar 2004 model (KS). it is in a good condition. I have been using it will date. since I would like to go for thunderbird, i am planning to sell my pulsar. it ran for around 35K kms... please tel me if some one is interested. also tell me what price can I quote for it. mileage is around 50-55 kmpl