SSingh

Santro CNG vs Vista Quadra vs i10

Hi All

I have been trying to find out the best car for me, but I have no clue. My requirements are:

1. I will be driving 80kms everyday.

2. I don't want to spend more than 4.5 lacs.

3. I need to pick up the car within two weeks. Delhi summers are starting, so cannot be without AC!! Sadly Swift Diesel has a min 3 month wait.

4. My top priority is fuel and maintenance economy and durability.

I have the impression from all the posts that Vista will become costly in maintenance after 2 yrs whereas Santro CNG has very poor power, although I don't plan on speeding beyond 60 kms/ hr.

go for diesel vista,though is outside your budget but is a good package from tata and they have improved over the years and new quadrajet engine wont give you any trouble,maintenance.If you want to stick to your budget then you wont get diesel hatchbacks and go for petrol options and if you like swift surely you can buy its petrol one,but your driving fulfills diesel engine.

Hi SSingh, You have chosen 3 totally different cars! Lookig 2 ur requirement,

I am sure the Indica VISTA Quadra would make you quite happy!!

It can run 80kms a day without giving you much to spend on the fuel,

You still can buy a VISTA Quadra within 4.5, You would get the car in 2 weeks if you are lucky! and since your top priority is fuel and maintenance economy and durability. Look no further than the VISTA Quadra!!

Hi All

Thank you for the inputs. I had read somewhere that the CNG cost comes to only 1 Re/ Km. Isn't that much better than diesel cost? If diesel is 30 Rs in Delhi and Vista gives a mileage of 15 in the city with AC, that comes to 2 Rs/ Km, which is double?

So my CNG fuel bill is 2000 pm but my diesel bill is 4000 pm? Also, EMI for Santro is lesser than for Vista.

go for santro top end cng that wud in 4.5lac and with best a/c regarding delhi summer ...cng will b great regarding ur high usage and only santro available with cng ...and no such issue regarding power in city ...its the peppiest among hatches

I would suggest you get an indica vista saffire fitted with a cng kit. A CNG kit in santro would seriously hamper your boot space. An aftermarket CNG kit costs around 40000 Rs.rahul18102009-03-23 16:02:03

Go for Indica Vista Quadrajet or Swift diesel, you may have to exceed your budget specially for Swift but the extra bucks will surely be worth it.

I won't suggest a CNG, so consider the above two cars and decide, you can't go wrong with either of them and they will be reliable too.

@tanmay

He needs the car in two weeks. There is no way he can get swift diesel in that time. Also look at his post above. His monthly bill in diesel will be about 4000-5000 Rs while it will be half in CNG. Any particular eason to be against cng?

Hi, for your this point: "My top priority is fuel and maintenance economy and durability." nothing can match Santro CNG. Santro is an proven all-rounder. But you should be comfortable with lower power due to CNG. Go and test drive the car for longer patch and the area where you drive. All the best.

I would suggest you get an indica vista saffire fitted with a cng kit. A CNG kit in santro would seriously hamper your boot space. An aftermarket CNG kit costs around 40000 Rs.

I am getting a CNG kit in my 2001 Santro for 18500 rupees and this includes getting the RTO certification.  It will be in the shape of a tire and will take up the space of my spare tire (for 28 litres of usable gas capacity) and the rest of the space would be available in the boot area.

TSR 

Go for Vista Quadrajet.

If you don't maintain a car properly, any car will give you more maintenance cost after 2-3 years.

Buy Vista Quadrajet instead of Swift MJD for sheer space, comfort. And both have same Fiat Engine albeit with slight different tuning.

@ rahul : It is just a personal opinion. I don't like CNG cars since they affect the performance and there are rattling issues too, i have never had one but have heard this from some people who have converted there cars into a CNG.

So to me it's a choice between Swift and Vista.

i think, the i10 magna kappa is your best bet, is an awesome performer, outstanding fuel efficiency, best in 2 classes smiley2.gif interiors, and also great space and looks

it may not be able to porvide the FE of a CNG, but still nothing gets close!

I am getting a CNG kit in my 2001 Santro for 18500 rupees and this includes getting the RTO certification.  It will be in the shape of a tire and will take up the space of my spare tire (for 28 litres of usable gas capacity) and the rest of the space would be available in the boot area.

TSR 

Hi, TSR Are you sure you are getting CNG kit for Rs. 18500. Here in Ahmedabad CNG kit cost Rs. 37500. and LPG kit cost At Rs. 18000. Where do you get this much cheap and which brand? Pl provide me the information. Thanks in advance.

TSR 

I will check and clarify.

TSR
Hi' date=' TSR Are you sure you are getting CNG kit for Rs. 18500. Here in Ahmedabad CNG kit cost Rs. 37500. and LPG kit cost At Rs. 18000. Where do you get this much cheap and which brand? Pl provide me the information. Thanks in advance.

[/quote']

TSR 

SORRY!   It is for LPG kit

TSR
Hi' date=' TSR Are you sure you are getting CNG kit for Rs. 18500. Here in Ahmedabad CNG kit cost Rs. 37500. and LPG kit cost At Rs. 18000. Where do you get this much cheap and which brand? Pl provide me the information. Thanks in advance.

[/quote']

in this budget go with Indica Vista Diesel .. high maintenance was a problem associated with old versions of Indica But they have now refined this problem upto maxm level..

santro LPG or CNG  is absolutely underpower & low on pick up... With AC ON in traffic like Delhi u need a powered engine lke indica Vista