thackervijay

Will you buy the Tata Nano?

how many members are going to book one?  

1. 1. how many members are going to book one?

• Book Nano
    • Wait and book later
    • Never

guys, today is the official launch of long awaited Tata Nano,people;s dream car, so how many of us are going to own one and book it, also are some dont want to, so pour in your votes and see how many from ACI are buying one.CHEERS!!

Nice topic TV!!!

I would prefer to wait for a year to see how the car is doing on roads and will decide...because, Simply, I don't want to be a Guinea Pig for TATA

Heart say's 'go for it'; head say's 'wait'. I'm not that desperate. I think I'll wait for the Nano V2, with some 'bugs' removed. Hope they don't get "washed" away by the monsoon's...smiley36.gif  Biggest drawback is that Tata has had huge losses and also looking for someone to refinance it's 2 billion dollar loan it took out to acquire JLR, and all that has caused Tata to scale down the production from 250,000/yr to just 50,000/yr; which I feel will be grossly insufficient to satiate the huge demand for the car. It's gonna go the M800 way where the lucky few will demand a 'premium' and make a killing, there will be a huge 'blackmarket' for the Nano; that's what we Indian's are good at. Durango Dude2009-03-23 08:46:43

I am xcited about driving one once i get a chance! But buying it would be out of my agenda, since i would prefer a powerful bike(read thunderbird) than buying a 600 tiny wheel car!

Voted for "Book Nano"!

The car would complement Indian roads perfectly!

Only hitch could be a cut price 800, if offered! Likelihood of which is pretty high!

In case things do not work out okay, there's always an option to give it away on a Premium!smiley2.gif

I would buy one, not immediately, maybe will wait for their V2 and till they make it easily available. Dont care about service for a 1 lac car. I guess it should be serviced by even road side shops.

1.23 lakh for a base model,the big question is nano worth it??????????\

Maruti 800 base coming at 1.90 lakh on road,comparing with nano 800 has performance,800cc,proven vechile from years.I think spending 70k for a better brand & product the customers won't think much.Nano is no where with 800 in terms of quality.I better say its a kids car rather than asmiley1.gif family car.

800 still leadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Very true sgiitk! Thats what i mean! I would rather have a drive to know how it feels, but buying it will be out of question because it would not satisfy me nor in speed or on highways, Neither in power!

I didn't really expect TATA to give BSII & BSIII engine .In 2010 BS IV will come into effect for 11 cities and rest of India BSIII. So for 8 months they are going to sell BS II in non BS III cities very very bad part of TATA.

This clearly shows that TATA doesn't care for Environment. smiley35.gif

TATA has failed in Environment part. smiley7.gifsmiley7.gifsmiley7.gif

Finally Nano is a polluting vehicle after 2010 with BSII.They would have given BS IV for all variants as goodwill   to protect environment.

I am not against Nano but with the pollution standard.  

Sudan2009-03-24 04:23:15

@Sudan: Do we have the 91ON petrol required for EIII in EII cities? While agreeing that Tata could have saved a lot of hassle by having a minimum of EIII instead of EIV. I guess it was a matetr of the Rs.5000 or so in pricing!  If they plan to sell in Europe then they must have already met EIV.

Also, the main changes from EII to EIII for petrol cars are minor, and are primarily related to the cat converter.

sgiitk2009-03-24 04:28:30

@sgiitk:i am not sure whether in EII cities we have 91ON.

But as far as i know there is no Indica/Vista EII ,its EIII which is sold in EII cities.

So they would have done this to Nano too. Anyhow now base Nano is not 1 lakh its 1.13 lakh.so +5K would not have been an big issue.

I think in 2010 Euro moves to E V. so Nano Europa will  be  E V  for Europe  when released there.

Sudan2009-03-24 05:18:55

after the details given by FRG, prices on road would be higher then 1L for base nano, so its just not 1L to be paid and top end costs around 1.9L on road which is 800 teretory, also its been history with tata vehicles which improves once its first lot of that vehicle is delivered and sooner expect a better improved model is launched so for me not now.

Having this poll here may throw up a very odd result. The Nano while a landmark is highly unlikely to attract any auto buff as a buyer.

I agree with sgiitk.

Nano has a different target customer segment altogether. In any case 'auto buffs' form a very short minority of total market size. So this poll will not worry Tata's.

In any case the real poll will be the number of bookings submitted.

We should rather concentrate on applauding Mr. Ratan Tata and his team for bringing to reality, this nearly impossible dream.

akj53in2009-03-24 06:35:26

Dear Friends,

I was expecting something good from Nano, however after considering the points below, I dont think people will go for it,

1. Battery is under driver's seat. This is just impossible

2. Puny Tyres

3. Braking system

and one major thing -- The base model without A/C costs one lac. Definitely this is like ** Conditions apply, which is to fool the customer.