thackervijay

Will you buy the Tata Nano?

how many members are going to book one?  

1. 1. how many members are going to book one?

• Book Nano
    • Wait and book later
    • Never

"Auto fur Jedermann" (car for everyman)

sitting hear and talking about the cars in no good , no matter how cheap it looks but it is still better than 4 people riding on a scooter !

kudos to TATA , they have really made the people's car !!!

with a roof and wheels , that no one else could do in a gap of 75 years
sarabjeet2009-03-24 15:13:37

As the car starts coming on road & sizable no. of people buy it, more & more liking among the people who might be resenting it now will develop.

Real Auto enthusiasts are the people who can see something exciting in almost anything on 4 wheels, this a full bloodied car! IMO, even die hard auto enthusiasts are going to fall for this.

Most importantly in the times of price escalation where almost everything is getting expensive by the day, this car is an example of frugalness & might just start a wave of VFM products being conceived. Car manufacturers increase the prices of their vehicles on some pretext or the other every now & then, they better start thinking on decreasing the same now onwards!

People are definitely going to demand/ask "more" for their money now!

As the car starts coming on road & sizable no. of people buy it' date=' more & more liking among the people who might be resenting it now will develop.

Real Auto enthusiasts are the people who can see something exciting in almost anything on 4 wheels, this a full bloodied car! IMO, even die hard auto enthusiasts are going to fall for this.

Most importantly in the times of price escalation where almost everything is getting expensive by the day, this car is an example of frugalness & might just start a wave of VFM products being conceived. Car manufacturers increase the prices of their vehicles on some pretext or the other every now & then, they better start thinking on decreasing the same now onwards!

[/quote']

Hell, I'm buying one albeit a little later after the initial hype has gone and bugs if any are sorted out.

FRG

well nano is basically a car for people who are going in to buy their first car and whose income is not that high ,so definitely not gonna buy it...but it might be an excellent car for drivers who have just learned how 2 drive!!!!

Guys give TATA some credit, they have not launched the NANO probably the most awaited car in the world without getting things sorted out. They now have enough experience under their belt to deliver a flawless product.

I think the car is without bugs or other insects.

That much belief I do have with their capability, however the car does not fit in my scheme of things and hence will not buy it.

Maybe for my son in the future, by that time the car would have pretty much evolved in to a more sophisticated HYBRID.

Well i wanted to buy it as just for having something different although cheapest but as we are family of 3people and already have 3 cars and 1 bike, and moreover my car parking cant accomodate more than 3 cars, not for now atleast but as a product its definately gonna rock and my cousin in Ahmedabad is planning to book one..

As the car starts coming on road & sizable no. of people buy it' date=' more & more liking among the people who might be resenting it now will develop.

[/quote']

I second the statement,

Nano has a different target customer, and TATA made a revolutionary attempt to bring affordable 4 wheels for mass Public.

This is a paradigm shift in the market and a new VFM concept will be picked up.

TOYOTA , HONDA have made a lot of money by increasig the prices of their cars every now and then looting indian public, They will have to think twice now.

TO make a VFM car within a lac of rupees is a couragious dream, where all other Auto major across the globe fails , TATA has not only dream , but they made it to come true.

A fine example of Indian Entrepreunership..! Hats Off...

for all those Critics: NANO may not be the best car, for that matter no car is the BEST n perfect..!

As the car will new on on roads and new of its own kind,i guess i will take time to see it performing and will think upon it.

But not to forget that its a TATA product,so that makes me pretty confident buying the Nano.

1.23 lakh for a base model' date='the big question is nano worth it??????????\

Maruti 800 base coming at 1.90 lakh on road,comparing with nano 800 has performance,800cc,proven vechile from years.I think spending 70k for a better brand & product the customers won't think much.Nano is no where with 800 in terms of quality.I better say its a kids car rather than asmiley1.gif family car.

800 still leadssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
[/quote']

with due respect to your opinion, i feel tata nano is more vfm compared to 800.

800 is a 20 year old design which is no where near in terms of safety. in terms of quality too 800 stinks big time, nano is a new innovation and has been tested at crash facility in India, also feature wise, nano leads the pack, if you compare the high end versions of both the car, you will get to know what 800 lacks and what nano has. primary among that being the interior space and fuel efficiency along with one lakh savings when bought brand new.

i have no doubt nano will rewrite history just like 800 did 20 years ago. and indeed nano could be a kid's car as many family's kid can play at the back instead of riding dangerously in lap of their mother on a motorcycle.

I may buy one for my daughter to commute to college - but only after the initial hype had died down and bugs sorted out.

A very important aspect for me would be the safety of the car and its

occupants should it get involved in a frontal crash. How will the fuel

tank hold up? I am sure Tata's have this worked on this  but the real test

is on the streets of India. Only time will tell

I am not sure i will enjoy driving it - I hear it starts like an auto-rickshaw. Also cant believe that to fuel up you have to open the front hood!!

As said by DD, i'm waiting for nano V2 smiley36.gif . Let Tata finish second round of R&D with the Nano buyers as testers. Tata is known for its niggling problems, i'm afraid how this built to a price car is going to be reliable. So i'll wait and book it later, and use it for strict city purpose only.

I'm more inclined towards Nano Europa. Hope Tata brings it here.

I like the Tata Nano, look-wise as well as space-wise.

The lower variant is really cheap. But the higher veriants come with heavy price difference, without adding much features.

I felt that, the higher variants are not really value-for-money. They have omitted some of the important requirements like Power steering, Disc brakes, Boot space, Rear hatc door etc, and added some cosmetic features like Power window!!! smiley11.gif Also, 1,85,000 ex-showroom price for LX variant is not really cheap.

forum members say anything but nano will not be able to match the reliability and maintainance free nature of maruti 800 !!!!

I beg to Differ.

Only Time can answer this.

and nano cant be compared with 800, there is a diff of a lac of rupees in price.

The person want to spend 2 to 2.5 lacs on a car may also go for Alto, 800 with AC, etc not necessarily nano.

NANO will be catering the need of a a buyer who want a car in 1to 1.5 lac tag, and today there is no competition to NANO in this segment.

but nano's pricing is gonna increase and then it will have the same pricing as the maruti 800 then we will be able to see the choices made by people....but hats off to the philosophy of ratan tata behind the nano due to the typical indian family on a scooter with children...thats what makes me say that ratan tata is a true industrialist !!!!

As said by DD' date=' i'm waiting for nano V2 smiley36.gif . Let Tata finish second round of R&D with the Nano buyers as testers. Tata is known for its niggling problems, i'm afraid how this built to a price car is going to be reliable. So i'll wait and book it later, and use it for strict city purpose only.

I'm more inclined towards Nano Europa. Hope Tata brings it here.[/quote']

I guess you are stuck with the era of the indica 2000, well TATA has moved on since then and HOW!! Try visiting TATA ERC in PUNE it will blow your mind as to where TATA's research has gone. you need to examine TATA's focus and target customer approach, try to find out who a TATA passanger car customer is, you will find that the products developed by TATA are pointedly built for the segment of customers who are actually buying them. You may compare them to innumerable other models in the market but it will not make sense, since there is a Indian make emotion tied with the decision for many people.

The Nano is a advanced design far more superior to the Alto/800 design. Just considering from the safety point the Nano passes easily as the norms for safety have again moved on in twenty years.

Guys its not about affordibility,reliability, with all due respect to Mr. Ratan Tata for giving the whole world what he dreamed and promised for, yes with prices increasing and so is the on road price, but if one can agree that its been history with TATA that after its initial launch of products like R&D with first batch of customers much improved model is launched so guess second phase of Nano would be worth waiting like its Europa version.Still cheers for Tata to give people's car.

Also to add that the europe version comes for around 2.3 to 2.5L in indian market, still it would sell hot.Also to see is its crdi engine on which bosch is working on.
thackervijay2009-03-27 10:20:18