krace

Suggestions needed on going for used Palio

Hi Friends,

Due to some reasons, I'm selling my XETA and close its loan. After the loan closure, I'll have around a lakh in hand and I want a decent car with all the goodies that my XETA gave me... Few to highlight are the Space, Little road presence and a big car feel. So, I think it would be wise to go for a used palio.. Probably a 2002 or 2003 model in a decent condition.... Friends pls suggest whether my decision is correct or should I consider some other options... I like fiat for its build quality and looks...Friends pls suggest.... This is a quick deceison and needs to be executed quickly..So, pls pour in your suggestions and also let me know if there is any good Palio or other car which u think will satisfy my requirements...

Your car maintenance bill could shoot up quite a bit with a used Palio.

(IMO - people with trouble free Palio's don't sell them smiley2.gif )

Try to continue with the Xeta, atleast for a little while so that you can look at a decent used sedan.

If a sedan (by increasing your budget a bit) is not an option - then the Palio is the only hatchback that fits your requirements.

Heiiii Subzero,

I always envy your Palio Man smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif...But what makes me bother is the mileage of the 1.6 and maintanace cost... Can u throw some light on the maintenance part? Like, how much it would cost for a normal service and like things.... BTW What mileage you are getting dear???

Please check the availability of various parts for 1.2 Palio. When currently I visited the TATA show-room for test driving Linea, I come to know from the sales person that Parts for Palio are available for Stile model and not for old model. TATA has tie-up for selling Stile and hence they are selling parts of stile only and not for 1.2 old Palio. FIAT has indegenised stile engine and hence the parts are available. I had palio for 7 years and doen 67k, sold last year due to heavy maintainance cost. All the best.

nikvint2009-03-23 08:55:04

@ Krace: I get 8/9kmpl in the city and 11/12kmpl on the highway, please keep in mind that I am a spirited driver and my car hardly see's 4th gear (EDIT) in the city.

Routine maintenance is not much maybe a couple of thousands and since I service my car at a private garage, we don't follow the company's list of do's and dont's during routine service. Parts are expensive though.

5u3zEr02009-03-24 06:21:45