lavi

Fiat linea fuel efficiency

I bought fiat linea emotion minimal grey colour which got delivered 2 weeks ago. My Car is showing a fuel efficiency of 7.6 kmpl in the trip meter.Is any1 getting such a low reading?

Its lot depends on your driving & traffic.linea petrol gives 9-10 in the city conditions.As your vechile is just 2weeks old,Till the 3 services are over it may give 1km low.

Don't expect a lot from a Fiat's petrol engine, they are usually Gas Guzzlers!

I've had my bitter experiences with Palio petrol, still repent going in for one sometimes!

Its lot depends on your driving & traffic.linea petrol gives 9-10 in the city conditions.As your vechile is just 2weeks old' date='Till the 3 services are over it may give 1km low.

[/quote']

Till 3 services?? what are you saying. 3 services = 6000km

Dont worry. Start stop or crawling traffic conditions, driving in low gears or with a heavily loaded car sometimes give such low milage in all cars. It is more noticable to you, as you can see the FE on the MID (multi info display).

Try to upshift earlier and drive with a light foot. FE will also increase after 1st service. Dont listen to others who say FIAT makes bad engines. But remember FIAT makes heavy cars so you cant expect FE like M800.

Other users in other forums have reported getting about 10 kmpl in City.

Dont worry. Start stop or crawling traffic conditions' date=' driving in low gears or with a heavily loaded car sometimes give such low milage in all cars. It is more noticable to you, as you can see the FE on the MID (multi info display).

Try to upshift earlier and drive with a light foot. FE will also increase after 1st service. Dont listen to others who say FIAT makes bad engines. But remember FIAT makes heavy cars so you cant expect FE like M800.

Other users in other forums have reported getting about 10 kmpl in City.

[/quote']

yup agree to you, there are other users who regularly get around 10-11 in city conditions, and lot more depends on your driving style, wait till you get its first service done, FE would improve.

Switching off the engine at red lights or in jams will also improve the FE.

You can find more tips on increasing the FE on this forum. I think there is a separate thread on this.

Dont worry. FE increases after 1st service and not after 3rd service.

You have selected a good car. It will give you long and trouble free service.

if you reach 40 & above try to drive in 5 th gear. and don't keep your leg on clutch unless you want to change the gear.

while braking press the brake pedal  first then clutch if need..

this will increase your FE.

there we go... Already doubts arising about the FE of such a good product. While it is very important for a new car owner, i think we should first learn to appreciate that we have bought a new car, and depending on which part of the country we stay, we should adapt more.

Lineas got a low 1st & 2nd ratio, so mostly people who switch on A/c , travel in stop start traffic would remain in that band of the petrol engine powering this car more. Now im not saying that you should immediately jump to 3rd gear for relaxed revs, but keep the accel with a light foot, and stop thinking constantly about the economy display in the dash, for all you know, it may not be perfect It is a common phenomenon that engines deliver better economy only after running in, and the way it has been driven for the first 5k kilometers.

Don't expect a lot from a Fiat's petrol engine' date=' they are usually Gas Guzzlers!

?

I've had my bitter experiences with Palio petrol, still repent going in for one sometimes!
[/quote']

The Palio that was launched earlier had some issues with the fuel efficiency but the new versions of the car are far much better. And now Fiat cars are no more considered as gas guzzlers. They are equally competent in terms of mileage and performance in this competitive car market.

mr lavi puts up in mumbai...so the type of traffic you have in mumbai 7.9 kmpl is reasonable...one of my friends living in mumbai tells me that his corolla averages 8 kmpl only due to traffic...so i think traffic is to be blamed and secondly fiat gave a lower powered engine in linea in interests of fuel economy bt its heavy weight negates the advantage of engine !!!! 

I purchased Fiat Linea Petrol on 30-03-09. Trip computer A includes about 50 Km by dealer for registration etc Average of about 8 KMPL. Trip computer B indicates exclusive use by me. This is with 100 % AC on in peak hours of Bangalore trafic, is about 9.4 KMPL. Without AC fuel consumption is about 10.2 KMPL. In ring road at night with out signal Instantaneous consumption is about 30 KMPL.

I purchased Fiat Linea Petrol on 30-03-09. Trip computer A includes about 50 Km by dealer for registration etc Average of about 8 KMPL. Trip computer B indicates exclusive use by me. This is with 100 % AC on in peak hours of Bangalore trafic' date=' is about 9.4 KMPL. Without AC fuel consumption is about 10.2 KMPL. In ring road at night with out signal Instantaneous consumption is about 30 KMPL. [/quote']

9.4 kpl is decent considering banagalore roads. I am sure it will improve after Running In is complete.

I will get delivery of my Linea tomorrow and will update FE acc to MY CAR after driving the car some kms.

As i live in Delhi in a area where Roads for 1st 10-12 kms( on my way to my workplace) are good roads with 4 Lanes, i expect FE near 11 for me. Double digit FE i expect from the car.

Congrats and enjoy your Linea.

.I am still getting a reading of 8 kmpl  after driving around 450 kms....how are people owning linea petrol getting such good fuel efficiency of 10-11?smiley5.gif 80% of my driving is in heavy traffic in mumbai so maybe that might be the reason...hard luck but keeping fuel efficiency aside... i enjoy driving my linea..its truly a great stylish car...

@ Lavi ,

My Fuel consumption Avg meter is showing 12.1 with 70% AC at 24. I change gears at exact 2k rpm and try to remain under 80 before run in is complete but you know, Linea is so good that those sudden burst of speeds come and as i touch 95, speed limit beeper starts its job. 

Will update as soon as i do my 1st tankful to tankful.