invisiblebond

Maruti Ritz to launch second week of May

In a tussle to capture the Indian passenger car market, Maruti is likely to launch Maruti Splash or Ritz in the second week of May. Ritz will mount a 1.2 litre (KB series) petrol or 1.3-litre diesel engine and will be priced at around Rs 4-5.5 lakh.

It will be positioned above WagonR but closer to Swift. Swift's petrol version may also be replaced by the 1.2-litre KB engine when Euro IV norms kick-in.

Maruti is also likely to launch its new Alto in early 2010. When contacted Maruti said,

Yes Shubham the rear tailgate of the Nano does not open and that is one of the biggest disaster. Now many car manufacturers will start rolling out their small cars following the launch of world's cheapest car Nano.

I have started seeing full page newspaper ads for Alto. Is it Nano effect? Because I have started seeing them since past 2 days.

well i think it started on NANO day only, i saw it in TOI..MS will surely have hard time now..

And regarding Ritz, i just hope its unlike other marutis means some amount of Quality and space as it looks big...After Swift's launch all their products are like that no quality and cramped, if this one will be the same to me MS will be biggest looser although its car might get successful

ICAT starts operations; approves 'Ritz' for India

The International Centre of Automotive Technology has started its operations at Manesar in Haryana by granting approval to the

country's largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki India's forthcoming model -- Ritz.

International Centre of Automotive Technology (ICAT) has cleared Ritz in a whole vehicle test approval ceremony, held recently at the test centre's premises in Manesar, thereby clearing ground for rolling out the car in the Indian market.

A division of National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRiP), ICAT is a notified testing agency and is working towards the development of automobile industry in the country.

ICAT is currently investing Rs 440 crore in expanding its facilities at an additional area of 46 acres in its Manesar centre. The new facilities would include a power-train laboratory, engine dynamometers, emission laboratory with Euro V capability, a fatigue laboratory passive safety laboratory as well as vehicle test tracks.

Earlier NATRiP, a joint venture of the Centre, a number of state governments and the country's auto industry to create a testing, validation and R&D infrastructure, had announced to invest Rs 1,718 crore for setting up of seven auto testing facilities at seven locations across India by 2011.

Apart from ICAT, Manesar, the other six locations are Chennai, Indore, Silchar, Pune, Rae Bareilly and Ahmednagar.

car companies are in confusing stage regarding nano effect on them...... but effect should be there .... PPL thinking have changed now ppl saying if we are going to purchase a car worth 4 lacs for city driving then why not to buy two nano models in same price ... dont put load on single car if u have a family of 5 to 6 the two cars are efficent to accomodate them easily ..& economically// .. new launches are on cards ...... बस थोडा इंतज़ार  का मज़ा  लीजिये ...smiley36.gif

I dont understand why people believe that maruti's cheaply built Ritz(like any other maruti) will compete with Jazz..Jazz is from altogether different segment, and Ritz being already a segment down than Swift, do you guys think that it has capability to compete with GP also, let alone Jazz which to me will be truely Premium hatch with lots of space and quality..Also the i20 and Fabia are very good premium hatches, but Ritz cant compete with any of them......As per my thinking this will be again a big looking hatch with small cabin and poor quality, so doesnt deserves to be PREMIUM hatch, actually any maruti cant be Premium for god sake...

i20, Jazz, Fabia, GP are altogether in different league, although i think that GP can be competed with Ritz but not the other 3...

I think Ritz should replace the WagonR or Zen.

I doesnt have the quality to get in the premium hatch segment. People will prefer an empty honda jazz instead of a fully loaded ritz.

People will prefer an empty honda jazz instead of a fully loaded ritz.
Very correct, atleast i will prefer that anyday..And that was also the reason that initially Sx4 sold in huge huge numbers but in the last, Honda ruled the segment and still now leading...

Ritz will be priced a little below Swift according to the info. available as of now. Then why are we people comparing it with Jazz!

Jazz would come as a premium hatch & go head on head against the likes of Fabia & maybe i20 to some extent.

Ritz will be priced a little below Swift according to the info. available as of now. Then why are we people comparing it with Jazz!

Jazz would come as a premium hatch & go head?on head against the likes of Fabia & maybe i20 to some extent.
Exactly even i am trying to say the same, but i dont know not only some of our members but the reports in the news papers and some websites are also saying that Ritz will compete with likes of GP/Jazz/Fabia...

Its actually just to create some interest and nothing else..

maruti is in an era where its dominance is being challenged from all sides ....so just to keep its market share high ( WHICH IS THE ONLY MOTO OF THIS COMPANY ) maruti is launching every product possible , in india .....e.g. just to tackle the the i10 ..it launched ridiculously designed a.star ...although they had great oppurtunity to design it properly if they did not make hurry ...now they want want to kill the dominance of swift in the segment itself by confusing people between ritz and swift ...and about ritz ..what to say ...a so called premium hatch with 172 litres of boot....no comments for the rear design...

GROW UP MARUIT NOW THEY CANT TAKLE THE COMPETION ONLY BY ATTRACTING PEOPLE BY THEIR A.S.S.THAT THEY HAVE DEVELOPED IN 30 YEARS ...NOW HYUNDAI IS AS GOOD AS MARUTI IN A.S.S IN JUST TEN YEARS ...

IT WILL BE FUN TO SEE HOW MARUTI COMPETE WITH WORLDS BIGGEST LIKE TOYOTA , GM, FORD , VW AND HYUNDAI ....IN NEXT 10YEARS...

OOOPS ...WHY TO WORRY THEY CAN CONTINUE WITH SAME IDEA IDEA ..BUILD THE CHEAPEST QUALITY CARS AND SELL THEM AT FEW THOUSAND RS LESS THEN THE COMPETITORS AND KEEP UR MARKET SHARE MAINTAIN ...

< ="Content-" content="text/; charset=utf-8">< name="ProgId" content="Word.">< name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><>

Ex Showroom prices in Delhi

Swift:-

MARUTI SWIFT LDI (BHARAT STAGE III)

MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS)

MARUTI SWIFT VDI (BHARAT STAGE III)

MARUTI SWIFT LXI (BHARAT STAGE III)

MARUTI SWIFT ZXI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS)

MARUTI SWIFT VXI (BHARAT STAGE III WITH ABS)

MARUTI SWIFT VXI (BHARAT STAGE III)

A-Star

MARUTI A-STAR LXI

MARUTI A-STAR ZXI

MARUTI A-STAR VXI

Now the question is where it

will be placed? (in terms of price) keeping in mind A-star diesel is also

spotted these days.

Small comparison of dimensions

of swift and ritz :-

Ritz

Well  its length 3715mm

,width 1680mm , height 1590mm, ground clearance 145mm, wheelbase 2360mm (statistics

in UK)

Swift

Length 3695mm, width 1690mm, height 1530mm, ground clearance

170mm ,

wheelbase 2390mm

ritz has a greater length a shorter wheelbase. Because of this, the ride, handling as well as passenger comfort suffers. I have read in foreign top-gear magazines that neither the ritz is a quiet car, nor it is a fun to drive car. Neither it has oodles of space, nor it has good plastic quality. Neither it has a good boot space, nor the handling or looks.

So what does it have?

If Suzuki thinks that they can sell loads of these cars in India, then they are in illusion. This will end up like the Zen Estilo.

After hearing so much criticism about this car, i'm not expecting too much from it.

Well if Ritz is like what Sparsh said then there are no chances that it will sell...Swift sold in huge numbers because of its new styling and more than anything its fun to drive factor, if Ritz is not like Swift, then better they do not launch it here...Otherwise it can see the fate of Zen Estilo..But diesel can be hit as many people are bored from Swift now, but it sells or not, bottom line is ITS NOT GONNA BE A GOOD PRODUCT AGAIN FROM MSIL ....They are just taking indians for a ride and nothing else..

I dont know why we are blasting  a car even without knowing everything about it.

I quote TopGear UK Site

Comfort

Half a step up in size and refinement from the

likes of the Hyundai i10 and Toyota Aygo' date=' the tall Splash has the space

to rival the Yaris and Micra, and the engines are decently quiet too. A

tall driving position and good view out gives a sense of reassurance to

the nervous.

[/quote']

Yes the boot is not that large though. Also another review from channel 4 says that -

On the move, the Splash is quiet in all its forms and the lighter petrol cars soak up sharp road disturbances well.

rahul18102009-04-04 05:41:56

I dont know why we are blasting? a car even without knowing everything about it.I quote TopGear UK Site

<h3>Comfort</h3>

Half a step up in size and refinement from the

likes of the Hyundai i10 and Toyota Aygo' date=' the tall Splash has the space

to rival the Yaris and Micra, and the engines are decently quiet too. A

tall driving position and good view out gives a sense of reassurance to

the nervous.

[/quote']?Yes the boot is not that large though. Also another review from channel 4 says that -On the move, the Splash is quiet in all its forms and the lighter petrol cars soak up sharp road disturbances well.

HUH???? smiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

HEY WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL US???

Toyota Aygo, Hyundai i10 are much smaller cars, and the UK people are used supercars, that is why they think Ritz is QUIET

MS are surely taking India for a ride.

Ground Clearance of Ritz is bad, bad, bad, even the Swift has more, the boot is TINY

Interior quality is ACK!!!!!!sparshq2009-04-04 07:19:07

Well if you are complaining about any car without even being in it once, I dont guess there is any need to fool you. Anybody who is posting must have some source of information, one just cant say without even being in the car that the engine is noisy. I searched the whole net and could not find anywhere where it was written that the engine was noisy.

Well if you are complaining about any car without even being in it once' date=' I dont guess there is any need to fool you. Anybody who is posting must have some source of information, one just cant say without even being in the car that the engine is noisy. I searched the whole net and could not find anywhere where it was written that the engine was noisy. [/quote'] Buddy its not about that whether RITZ is good or bad, maruti's are cars are same so no need to wait for a car to go inside and then check out, and another thing is we are debating here because many are telling that ritz will compete with GP/Jazz/i20/Fabia, no its foolishness, it cant compete with them at all, ok i10 is perfect competitor for this one but not all the premium hatches and i am sure about that , no need to go inside the car to check it out..Its impossible for Ritz to compete with likes of Jazz..Those bloody fools are MSIL should not even dream of it..Jazz is Huge hatch, ok dude..