invisiblebond

Maruti Ritz to launch second week of May

sometime i wonder what makes maruti launch unnecessary product in india ....i believe even launching new product require lot of money and efforts ...

CANT THEY DO A SIMPLE THING..i.e......SIT WITH A MIND TO MAKE A CAR WHICH WUD B BEST IN THE SEGMENT SUCH AS i10 AND CITY.....

HYUNDAI DIDNOT WASTE EFFORTS AND MONEY , MAKING RIDICULOUS PRODUCTS LIKE A.STAR AND DZIRE TO MAINTAIN ITS MARKET SHARE .....IT SIMPLY MADE THE BEST CAR TO REPLACE ITS ALREADY BEST CAR IN THE SEGMENT ..i.e... SANTRO .....U JUST HAVE TO GIVE THE BEST PRODUCT TO THE MARKET AND IT WILL SELL ITSELF ..e.g. , santro , i10 , city , scorpio , .....

it wud b great for maruti if it can learn making good quality and practicle cars rather first making funny and nonsense cars like A.STAR , ESTILO , DZIRE ,SX4 and SPLASH and GRAND VITARA ( on teambhp i read people calling it GRAND KHATARA ) and then burn ur blood to sell them anyhow .....

FOR ME MARUTI IS A BETTER MARKETTING COMPANY THAN A CARMAKER   smiley36.gif

HUH???? smiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

HEY WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO FOOL US???

Well if you are complaining about any car without even being in it once' date=' I dont guess there is any need to fool you. Anybody who is posting must have some source of information, one just cant say without even being in the car that the engine is noisy. I searched the whole net and could not find anywhere where it was written that the engine was noisy. [/quote'] Buddy its not about that whether RITZ is good or bad, maruti's are cars are same so no need to wait for a car to go inside and then check out, and another thing is we are debating here because many are telling that ritz will compete with GP/Jazz/i20/Fabia, no its foolishness, it cant compete with them at all, ok i10 is perfect competitor for this one but not all the premium hatches and i am sure about that , no need to go inside the car to check it out..Its impossible for Ritz to compete with likes of Jazz..Those bloody fools are MSIL should not even dream of it..Jazz is Huge hatch, ok dude..

I never said the car will compete with jazz. The only car from suzuki which has a chance in that price range will be SX4 crossover whoose launh in india is unlikely. I dont think that if maruti thinks the car will compete with jazz it will price it below swift. All over the world it is slotted below swift, replacing wagon r, which i dont think will happen here because apart from honda and toyota other companies seem to have a problem discontinuing any car, so it will be slotted between wagon r and swift.

Also i dont think interior quality is the only way to judge a car, if you think so i wont comment on that. If ride quality is considered I think MS cars are brilliant in that espescially in the new gen cars (SX4 and Swift). So if all theese things are there i wont complain unless there is seriously less space like in A-star which i havent reccomended to anyone yet.

Hope i am not seen as a blind maruti fan. If others have been reading my posts i have recommended i10 and i20 to loads of people, I just feel that maruti is lambasted quite a lot for its quality, and if it tries to offer something new it is blasted again saying it is bringing unnecesaary products to india.

Ritz is most likely to be launched with a price of around 3.7l  as most of us are arriving at a decision about its position btw A-star and swift.A-star lxi starts at 3.45l and swift lxi is 4l .

There is also a 1 litre petrol engine for splash producing 65ps @6000 rpm and if they launch that also i seriously don't know how the car will be priced by MSIL and which all models it will overlap  ??

@Rahul, i am not taking only interior quality into consideration infact i never talked about interiors...I am just saying that Maruti makes car which has worst build quality in its segment and are cramped but looks big from outside and thats ridiculous, and actually they dont have any skills to make good quality cars and thus they end up making cheaper cars(Price wise) but to compete with competition, they increase their price and adds some features here and there and then sell it at competitive rates, so although MSIL sells the car very competitively, still to me they are overpriced as they do not deserve the price they command, anybody can add features nothing new in that but the base of product should be good...

And Sx4 is not having good ride quality, so nothing to say about even Estilo, Wagon R have worst ride quality...So actually whether its build quality, ride quality or interior quality, most maruti cars lacks Q factor in all aspects...Its just and just name which is helping them and nothing else, many says its not just their name but to me its just their name, there are better companies here nowadays...What Ms did in 25years, hyundai actually did relatively much better in just 10years..

I actually felt ride quality of sx4 was pretty good. But thats your opinion. Yes wagon r and estilo were rubbish cars and how they managed to sell is beyond me.

Where maruti has been good is its understanding of its customers. Most of its customers are first time buyersand they dont have anything to compare the car to. So they dont know that the ride quality is bad. They win the battle on paper against their competitors. This is what happens with most first time car buyers. And after the good A.S.S. experience they start trusting the brand and buy another car of the same brand. When the customer does not know. does not hurt him. Maruti has developed this understanding and so it is still the market leader by a huge margin. So its not Maruti's skill that has them on yhe top but its brains.

Even you have to admit when we did not now that ride quality could be better than 800 at a low price until we got Santro. And now i think Maruti has waken up to the competition so hopefully we will also see quality from them.

Auto maker Maruti Suzuki plans to position its upcoming car 'Ritz' at the upper end of the compact car segment that will be powered with a 1197 cc engine.

"The Ritz will be yet another compact car to join the company's A2 offering that includes Alto, Zen Estilo, A-star, Wagon R and Swift. The Ritz is in advanced stage of preparation for a formal launch shortly," the company said in a statement.

The car will come with the K12M engine which is BS-IV compliant. The engine is the second in the company's Kseries of engines.

"K12M engine is another example of Maruti Suzuki's commitment to take engine technology in India to the next level," Maruti Suzuki Managing Director and CEO Shinzo Nakanishi said.

Maruti inaugurates new engine plant

Maruti-Suzuki on Tuesday opened its new engine manufacturing facility in Gurgaon, where it will produce energy efficient 1,197cc K12M

The four-cylinder engine, designed to deliver 85 ps of power, is the second aluminium engine being manufactured by Maruti in the country after the K10B, which is being used in the recently launched A-star.

The K12M engine will be used in the car maker's upcoming hatchback Ritz, a company statement said.

"The K12M engine is another example of Maruti Suzuki's commitment to take engine technology in India to the next level. The K12M engine further strengthens Maruti Suzuki's efforts for fuel efficient, green engine technology for Indian customers," Shinzo Nakanishi, managing director and chief executive of Maruti Suzuki, said in the statement.

The new engine complies with the Bharat Stage-IV emission standards, which are set to be enforced in select cities by mid-2010, the company said.

Maruti RITZ engine detail

Maruti Suzuki unveils new Ritz K12M engine at Gurgaon plant
India's first ever BS-IV compliant engine with best in class fuel efficiency.
Gurgaon, April 14, 2009
Maruti Suzuki, India's number one car-maker, unveiled the all-new K12M engine for its soon-to-be-launched hatchback Ritz. The K12M is BS-IV compliant engine. This is the first time that a BS-IV compliant engine will power any Passenger car in the country. This new 1197cc all aluminum engine is the second in the Kseries and retains the technological superiority and fuel efficiency of the K10B engine which powers Maruti Suzuki A-star.

Unveiling the new engine Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director & CEO, Maruti Suzuki, said, "K12M engine is another example of Maruti Suzuki's commitment to take engine technology in India to the next level. This is in line with parent company, Suzuki Motor Corporation's focus on maximizing the environmental benefits of fully proven technologies. For this, Suzuki is fully exploiting the know-how gained in over 50 years of compact-car production. K-series engine is the latest innovation coming from this focus. K series engines are not just fuel efficient but also low on CO2 emissions. The K12M engine further strengthens Maruti Suzuki?s efforts for fuel efficient, green engine technology for customers in India."

The K12M engine is being manufactured in Maruti Suzuki's brand new state-of the-art engine manufacturing facility inside its Gurgaon plant, which was inaugurated last year with the launch of A-star's K10B engine.

The K12M engine reflects the company's continued focus on investment in long term strategic projects which include expansion of manufacturing capacity and introduction of new engine technology.

The first car to be fitted with this brand new K12M engine will be the forthcoming premium compact car Maruti Suzuki Ritz. The Ritz will be yet another compact car to join the company's A2 (compact car) offering that include Alto, Zen Estilo, A star, Wagon R and Swift Petrol and Diesel. The Ritz is in advanced stage of preparation for a formal launch shortly. With a new technology engine, the Ritz will be positioned in the upper end of the growing compact car segment.

The K12M engine has been specifically designed for Indian applications. Maruti Suzuki's engineers worked as part of Suzuki's Engine Design team for the design, calibration and testing of the engine in Japan and in India. This is a step forward in enhancing the engine development capability. The engine promises to be a best in class fuel efficient, high performance, low emission, light weight, with lower NVH (Noise, Vibration & Harshness).

Like the K10B engine, plastic parts have been extensively used in K12M engine as well. The skirt area of the piston has been shortened to make the aluminum engine lighter, whereas the resin-coated piston helps reduce friction and increase fuel efficiency.

Some of the salient features of the all new K12M are:

• All Aluminum low-weight engine with best-in-class fuel efficiency

• Innovative Rocker-less DOHC cam shaft, Plastic Intake Manifold and Offset Crank shaft with low tension Rings to reduce losses and improve fuel efficiency.

• Smart Distributor Less Ignition (SDLI) system with dedicated plug top coils, High pressure Fuel system and Advanced Injectors for superior atomization to provide uniform and optimized combustion for better performance

• Optimized Cylinder block, Light Piston and Nut-less Con Rod for light weight configuration

• Improved engine stiffness and use of advanced technology like silent timing chain to improve NVH characteristics
Lower running costs:

• Higher Grade Engine Oil: Improves first changeover time from 1,000 Km to 10,000 Km

• Increased Spark Plug Life: Spark Plug change over time has been changed from current 20,000 Km to 40,000 Km

• Silent Timing Chain: Longer life in comparison to conventional Belt Design

• Valve Clearance Adjustment: Due to Tappet Design, Valve clearance re-adjustment frequency has been reduced.
Engine Specifications:

No of Cylinders  4
Capacity (cc) 1197
Power (ps @ rpm) 85@6000
Torque (Nm @ rpm) 113@4500
Compression Ratio 10.:1
Bore (mm) x Stroke (mm) 73 x 71.5
Valve configuration DOHC
No of valves (per cylinder) 4
Valve Lifting mechanism Shim-less tappet
Cam Drive Silent Chain
Engine Oil Semi Synthetic

This engine surely looks more powerful than the 1.2 kappa on paper. If this comes in swift, its price will get reduced due to the excise benefit and will still be more powerful than i10. Coming months are glorious for this segment: a 3 way battle between Swift, Ritz and i10.

@Rahul' date=' i am not taking only interior quality into consideration infact i never talked about interiors...I am just saying that Maruti makes car which has worst build quality in its segment and are cramped but looks big from outside and thats ridiculous, and actually they dont have any skills to make good quality cars and thus they end up making cheaper cars(Price wise) but to compete with competition, they increase their price and adds some features here and there and then sell it at competitive rates, so although MSIL sells the car very competitively, still to me they are overpriced as they do not deserve the price they command, anybody can add features nothing new in that but the base of product should be good...

And Sx4 is not having good ride quality, so nothing to say about even Estilo, Wagon R have worst ride quality...So actually whether its build quality, ride quality or interior quality, most maruti cars lacks Q factor in all aspects...Its just and just name which is helping them and nothing else, many says its not just their name but to me its just their name, there are better companies here nowadays...What Ms did in 25years, hyundai actually did relatively much better in just 10years..[/quote']

I always say this in the forums! I have seen the Suzuki Swift sold here in Australia and the quality is 2 notch up from what MSIL is selling in India! The interiors are far better.

MSIL is cheating Indian consumers by doing this and its only because they are here from long time, they are minting money and they are not worried about the customer now!

Will Maruti launch Automatic (AT) version of  Ritz in May or is it slated for a later date or maruti is not going to launch AT version at all.. any info on the AT version of Maruti Ritz would be very helpful to me... kindly reply asap

its gonna be gr8 competition for i10.....hopefully it comes out wid different varients which shall include all advance interior features and also importantly should have auto transmission....

-------SPLASH------- was a better name!!!!!!!!!!

Will Maruti launch?Automatic (AT)?version of? Ritz in May or is it slated for a later date or maruti is not going to launch AT version at all.. any info on the AT version of Maruti Ritz would be very helpful to me... kindly reply asap

Maruthi and Automatic , ha ha - they do not know to produce auto-tran gearbox for Indian models . Only Suzuki has presence in europe with auto-trans.

still surprising why maruthi does not produce good auto-trans.

its gonna be gr8 competition for i10.....hopefully it comes out wid?different varients which shall include?all advance interior features and also importantly should have auto transmission....

-------SPLASH------- was a better name!!!!!!!!!!

Nah, Ritz is a much more cooler and mature name. I don't think it will compete with the i10, it's gonna compete with the Swift and the i20 magna.

I second opinion of BS and Sharash about Q factor in Maruti cars. Hope they come up from the poor mind set. All the best MS

Although its wrong to say it with surity but seeing their track record, i bet that again Q factor will be missing..

And sharash, although Australian Suzuki might be better than Indian but still anywhere in the world Suzuki fails to match the quality with competitors, they actually dont have any skills to make good quality product..

And styling wise--- Front looks a bit old, Rear is OK and side looks are pathetic, its like another Dabba shape car from MSIL..bluesapphire2009-04-15 15:43:35

Interiors seem good, Suzuki might improve the sound deadning material for India.

Suspension is sure to be raised but should not compromise ride quality to a large extent.

Overall seems to be a nice hatch!

EEK!!

I'VE SEEN THE INTERIORS BEFORE

but this one looks Geeky and Claustrophobic, the same pop-up tacho as the A-star, same steering wheel, come on suzuki get new ideas will you!!