Automachine

Which variant of Swift petrol?

I am 6'3 height and want to buy the swift or Getz1.3 but because Getz 1.3 is out of my budget its dropped down. Well my budget is 5.5lakhs but I can increase till 5.65 and not more for on road price .I love the ZXi features but on road price in Mumbai is 5.84 which I am not willing to upgrade.

I will have to buy the VXi ABS given my budget but I want ZXi specification tires .I drive mostly on highway so I wanted airbags and height adjust but unfortunately they are not available in VXi. Can I buy ZXi from nearby district because its 5.55 on road price but I will register on my close relatives name .

Whenever I think I must do this then a feeling of insecurity develops .Will Maruti give discount on ZXi varient in Diwali  (around 20000).Also I liked the dark blue colour but they have stopped making that .Can I get an unsold ZXi in that colour with discount or is it difficult to find.

Thanks please post.

What a coincidence even I am stuck with the same problem .I think due to good demand for VDi the ZXi has suffered a lot but they can give good discount on exchange if you have an old car. Don't buy from other districts because you won't get peace of mind .I hope we can help each other out smiley4.gif

i dont Think Maruti is giving any offers or discounts on Swift petrol as well as swift Diesel. the Best thing to do is wait for Maruti to get Discounts for swift petrol in this Festive season.

But i think going For VXi ABS makes sense. but if you want Airgabs , alloys and wider tyres and the climate control then go for the ZXi

Go for ZXI. Its got some very good features like Automatic climate control, ABS, Airbags, broad tyres, not sure about hight adjusters. You can also get some good discount on ZXI because its not on the most wanted list of buyers.

You can also buy the car from any other district(Within same State), get temp number , goto your home town and get it registered there, I do not think there will be any issue in getting the car registered.

As far as driving with temp number, I do not think  there will be any issue, as I had driven temp number car for almost 8-9 months and I was never stopped by police(Ok there was one instance but I showed the Temp number paper, they casually had a look and allowed to run) :-) :-)

Go for ZXI. Its got some very good features like Automatic climate control' date=' ABS, Airbags, broad tyres, not sure about hight adjusters. You can also get some good discount on ZXI because its not on the most wanted list of buyers.

You can also buy the car from any other district(Within same State), get temp number , goto your home town and get it registered there, I do not think there will be any issue in getting the car registered.

As far as driving with temp number, I do not think  there will be any issue, as I had driven temp number car for almost 8-9 months and I was never stopped by police(Ok there was one instance but I showed the Temp number paper, they casually had a look and allowed to run) :-) :-)
[/quote'] Can you help me out how did you register other district as it requires a home certificate.

smiley2.gif It was done by the dealer. Offcourse I gave him some extra bucks for this. I used this temp number for 8-9 months and drove everywhere including Haryana, Rajasthan, UP, delhi, Punjab etc and finally got the permanent number.

I think for temp number, you do not need any certificate but I may be wrong. Please check with your dealer first

Hi,

U can buy from the Swift from any city of any state. While buying tell the dealer that u want to register in so and so city. Also tell him after how many days are u going to get the vehicle registered with ur RTO. He himself will contact the RTO present in his city (i.e. the city from where u buy the car) and get a Temporary Number for the number of days u specified, from the RTO. He will handover the Temp Number papers to u with purchase papers of ur car. Then u can get the vehicle registered from ur choice of city.

We bought our Tata Indigo from Sanya Motors, Aurangabad in May 2004 but got it registered in our home city, Solapur and that's because of temp number.

Sudeep.

Normally, the second top model is the bext value for money. This applies to all cars. IThe Swift ZXi has climate control, ABS with airbags and alloys with wider tyres (incl. spare). My son has one and is very happy. As they say (bad grammar intended);  "You pays your money and takes your choice".

sgiitk2007-11-14 11:54:50

Normally' date=' the second top model is the bext value for money. This applies to all cars. IThe Swift ZXi has climate control, ABS with airbags and alloys with wider tyres (incl. spare). My son has one and is very happy. As they say (bad grammar intended);  "You pays your money and takes your choice". [/quote']

yes i agree with you it epends on the guy on which he wants if he wants all those features of airgbags and alloys he shoud consider the Zxi or else if he wants Basic fetaures the VXI if he wants ABS then VXI ABS ,

Regards,

Prya

as, he does a lot of highway driving, i feel, the Zxi varient is all he needs. but since it is somewhat above his budget, then, i think he can go for a sparingly used 1 year old second hand car.he could have it at about 10% depreciation from the ex-showroom price.

but if he is so much interested in the dark blue colour(careebian blue, if i am not mistaken), then it will be very difficult. careebian blue colour swifts didnt do very well, and i think maruti has already discontinued that colour for swift. but now, a light blue colour is available.

as' date=' he does a lot of highway driving, i feel, the Zxi varient is all he needs. but since it is somewhat above his budget, then, i think he can go for a sparingly used 1 year old second hand car.he could have it at about 10% depreciation from the ex-showroom price.

but if he is so much interested in the dark blue colour(careebian blue, if i am not mistaken), then it will be very difficult. careebian blue colour swifts didnt do very well, and i think maruti has already discontinued that colour for swift. but now, a light blue colour is available.[/quote']

No dude it was not caribean blue it was something darker than that ( not getting the name of the color right now)

The colors such as Dark Blue , Mint frappe and Gold has been replaced by Ozone Blue , Iridium Gold , Metallic white and another new color added to the swifts range is Sunlight Copper!

Cheerssmiley20.gif

In fact MUL is dumping outdated technology into our markets. The new Suzuki M series petrol engine that powers this car for the western markets has been kept out of our reach. The 1298 cc Esteem / Gypsy King/Versa engines are being fitted to the Swift with minor modifications.As some friend pointed out in a thread here that the Swift has a completely different engine for the developed countries. Lets see if competition is able to tame MUL.

If they introduce M series in Swift then be ready to pay 35k more .

And a whopping 35k rs more just for an M series engine!!!

who cares anyone would go in for the swift diesel anyday and i am sure maruti will not do this ( 35k more) coz it could affect thier sales for petrol swift and there will be more and more waiting time then..!

Regards,

Priya