DreamTheCar

Upcoming Cars In India

Few days back, I was taking a stroll in a garden from where I could see a number of cars zipped on the road. All the cars were just fighting with each other to move first and trust me there was no place even to walk on the side roads.

With this, suddenly a thought of upcoming cars entered my mind. I was just counting how many cars are almost ready to hit Indian roads. Counting starts with Maruti Suzuki A-Star, then Hyundai i20, and then Tata Nano. Next in pipeline are Fiat Punto, Fiat Linea, Renault-Baja small cars, Ford Fiesta Hatchback, Hyundai i30, Hyundai i40, and the list goes on and on. I just wonder how the roads would look like when these cars would be launched. But...yet, the new technologies loaded in the upcoming cars will definitely bring a new revolution in the Indian car market. What do you say?

I think more launches are just bridging gap between any segment. More companies will look at hatchbacks now for Indian market. The premium hatchback segment is to watch out for with i20, Jazz , Toyota & Ford s hatchback to be launched in near future.

I would like to see more competition in Altis, Civic segment. Hyundai wakey wakey!!

Definitely with so much competition and more features in a car the consumer is the winner.

I would like to ask one question to the members. With so many buyers tilting to diesel and Govt. planning to rationalise diesel prices. You see more diesel cars being sold few years down the lane! As in if the gap between Petrol & diesel is say Rs.5 per litre ( ASSUMING)will buyers still go for a diesel???

well the big cars will not affect the traffic much but cars like nano,bajaj small car, ajanta e car and TARA's ecar etc..many more small cars to come yet...

and karan if prices diesel cars is still high and with 5rs difference few will go for diesel though its fe is good but still few will go...

but i heard that diesel for only big cars owners will cost more and it will not affect small car buyers

I can only say- Good for India!

There were times when we only had Fiats & Ambys & for a glimpse of any other car, had to go abroad. Now, times are a changin, late coming though but a very welcome change indeed.

@Karan, till the time diff. in pricing is going to remain, people are going to opt for the cheaper fuel.

@BS& Speed- Thanks for your comments. Frankly speaking if my running is around 1200 km p.m and the diff bet petrol & diesel is 5 bucks . I would go for a petrol !! Im speaking in terms of a C Segment sedan. Obviously it would vary from segment to segment.

Yup Infra has to be improved end of the day.  With so many Nano s expected on the road the Govt. does have to support us here. I would like to see manuf.  giving Airbags & ABS ( ABS atleast as option even in  all small cars). Tata might pull a shocker here by giving Nano a airbag in the Top end. I think Airbags should be given priority at the expense of a lil premium, since India tops the list for most accidents.

I think more launches are just bridging gap between any segment. More companies will look at hatchbacks now for Indian market. The premium hatchback segment is to watch out for with i20' date=' Jazz , Toyota & Ford s hatchback to be launched in near future.

I would like to see more competition in Altis, Civic segment. Hyundai wakey wakey!!
Definitely with so much competition and more features in a car the consumer is the winner.

I would like to ask one question to the members. With so many buyers tilting to diesel and Govt. planning to rationalise diesel prices. You see more diesel cars being sold few years down the lane! As in if the gap between Petrol & diesel is say Rs.5 per litre ( ASSUMING)will buyers still go for a diesel???
[/quote']

Ya, even I think the same. If the bridge between petrol and diesel will be narrowed then very few people will go for diesel cars. But even then, there are people who just love driving diesel cars irrespective of the price difference. The variety of people we have in our country will definitely run the variety of cars in the Indian market.

Plenty of launches in the offing. Sure we don't  have enough space for all these cars.

But the question is how many people

are going to buy them? In the current financial situation only those

who desperately need a car would try to buy one. The car companies are

going to have a very tough year ahead.

Few days back' date=' I was taking a stroll in a garden from where I could see a number of cars zipped on the road. All the cars were just fighting with each other to move first and trust me there was no place even to walk on the side roads.

[/quote']

It is not the quantity of cars which will create problems. The real problem is the way we Indians drive, . Like you have written every driver just fights with other drivers to establish his own first right to road, rules be damned. This "Pehle Mai" mentality and freedom to do whatever one likes on roads with total disregard to rules has ruined the Indian road transport sceneiro and I donot see any chances of improvement at all.

Here in U.K., I see a totally opposite scene. Rule bound driving ensures that there is no chaos on roads. And polite and courteous driving with "Pehle Aap" mentality ensures no road rage and a tension free driving. How I wish we could change our system like this.

Plenty of launches in the offing. Sure we don't  have enough space for all these cars.

But the question is how many people are going to buy them? In the current financial situation only those who desperately need a car would try to buy one. The car companies are going to have a very tough year ahead.

Ya, I do agree with you. Recently, the financial market has also gone down and auto financers are actually cutting back to disbursal. With this, it would be tough to cope up but then too car manufacturers are putting in efforts to cope up with the situations.

Few days back' date=' I was taking a stroll in a garden from where I could see a number of cars zipped on the road. All the cars were just fighting with each other to move first and trust me there was no place even to walk on the side roads.

[/quote']

It is not the quantity of cars which will create problems. The real problem is the way we Indians drive, . Like you have written every driver just fights with other drivers to establish his own first right to road, rules be damned. This "Pehle Mai" mentality and freedom to do whatever one likes on roads with total disregard to rules has ruined the Indian road transport sceneiro and I donot see any chances of improvement at all.

I agree with you. We have many car drivers in Indiaon> that don

gr8 pictures raj yes we have all these cars on pipeline out of which new honda city is already here.

Yes, friend new Honda City is already here and yes, the great Mitsubishi Outlander has also landed. Next we have Hyundai i20, Tata Nano, and many other small cars. Many car manufacturers like Mahindra and Volvo are also adding off-roaders in the list of upcoming cars.

new launches for 2009

Hatchback small cars

FIAT BRAVO

Launch date:

In India by: Aug 2009 Will cost: Rs 6-7 lakh

Thoroughly Italian in its looks and European in appeal, the Fiat Bravo was set to take CBU route into India and act as a brand builder for Fiat.

After Fiat's major investments in its Ranjangaon facility, however, the Bravo will now be made in India - a fact that will bring down its prices and increase its chances of widespread success. Competing with the Fabia and bigger sedans, this fabulous hatch features brilliant interiors, lots of space and a powerful 1.9 litre multijet oilburner. If arriving in style is what you want, the Bravo will do it in spades in 2009.

Fiat Grand Punto:

Launch: May - June 2009 Will cost: Rs 5-6 lakh

Another stunner from the Fiat stable up for a 2009 launch is the Grande Punto hatchback. The car has been an global success for Fiat, with markets ranging from Europe to South America enjoying the Italian large hatch.

The car looks smashing, has decent space and will be powered by a petrol and the multifarious 1.3 litre Multijet diesel unit that powers the Maruti Swift, Indica Vista and Fiat's own hatch, the Palio. With a price range of around Rs 5-6 lakh and the appeal of a thoroughly international car, the Grande Punto should be placed well to set the big hatch segment on fire in 2009.

Honda Jazz:

Launch: June 2009 Will cost: Rs 5-6 lakhs

Honda Siel is expected to see mid-2009 as time 'Fit' to launch its stylish 5-door hatchback, the Jazz.

Battling it out with current large hatches like the Indica Vista and the i20, as well as new competition from Fiat in the form of the Fiat Bravo and Grande Punto, the Indian hatchback space seems set to get even more crowded in 2009.

Suzuki Splash/ritz

Launch: Early 2009 Will cost: Rs 4-5 lakh

Maruti Suzuki's already cramped hatchback space will accommodate another model in 2009 in the form of the Ritz. Known as the Splash around the world, the spacious hatchback is expected to carry an engine from KB series just like its recently launched cousin, the A-Star.

The car will fight more premium hatchbacks like the Hyundai i20, the Honda Jazz and Fiat's new 2009 cars, and speaking in the same vein, the Fiat borrowed 1.3- litre diesel engine that does the duties on the Swift is likely to be a smart option.

Nissan Micra:

In India by: late 2009  Will cost: Rs 4-5 lakh

Nissan has been calm and quiet with its presence in India thus far, but 2009 could mark a change in its fortune.

Its internationally popular supermini - the Micra - will be up for an international upgrade in February, and the critical piece of information is that it will be manufactured in the company's Chennai facility. No wonder then that the Micra promises to be Nissan's next big offering in India. With a 1.2 and 1.3-litre petrol and also Nissan's 1.6-litre diesel engine options, this could be the car to turn the Japanes manufacturer's fortunes around in India.

Ford Fiesta / Mazda 2 Hatchback:

In India by: late 2009 Will cost: Rs 8-12 lakh

If there is one car that Ford India needs in its portfolio to have a well-rounded catalogue, it is a good family hatchback.

Already seeing success with its ally Mazda's Mazda2 and its own international Fiesta which is based on the same platform, Ford is likely to step into the hotly contested Indian hatchback space this year. Last we heard, the company was contemplating bringing in the Mazda2 as a CKD from its plant in Thailand (much like its Endeavour SUV), which would make the car only marginally more expensive and also take care of production pressures for Ford India.

New Chevrolet Aveo U-VA:

In India by: Early 2009 Will cost: Rs 4-5 lakh

Chevrolet's big hatch has been another one of those well-made but underperforming cars in India. The new car receives a host of changes for 2009. Viewed head on, the big Audish grille makes a huge impact.

New sweeping headlights coupled with all new bumpers make the car more attractive than ever before. The engines options, however, are expected to remain the same. The new U-VA will carry a better design, sure, but will this sort of a facelift help GM establish itself in the Indian hatchback space? 2009 holds the answer.

Hyundai i20 diesel:

In India by: Aug-Sep 2009 Will cost: Rs 5-6 lakh

The country has already been impressed with the international appeal, refinement  and build quality of the i20.

The only factor that could be keeping it away from even more success is the absence of a diesel option. Hyundai's 1.5-litre CRDi engine (previously seen on the Getz) is expected to strengthen the Korean family hatchback's appeal in 2009, and give Maruti Suzuki Swift DDiS a few scares.

AND MUCH MORE ABOUT 30+ in 2009 & 2010 including few of them with facelift......

i hope you will like my effort.. smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

i have got this information from a leading autocar expert .... Providing reviews on many Indian news channels....

i was also shocked when i read this information so as a part of information to share among my autocar India forum friends i post it....

if this car launched in 1.4 ltr engine how can fiat take a risk of such huge price in melting market....... shape wise it is somewhat like hatchback car..... but as explained above by my friends if it comes in 1.9 ltr engine then you can except such a price.. but still i m doubtful about its price of 22 lacs.................

it means ppl will pay 22 lacs for a hatchback instead of paying for SUV like Honda crv, outlander etc........

fiat have to set up thousands of service points & huge dealership network to bring back confidence to Indian car industry.......

& we all know it cannot be done by its existing capacity..what you ppl say on this!!!!!!!!!!!