DreamTheCar

Upcoming Cars In India

LET US CREATE A THREAD IN WHICH WE CAN POST PICS OF UPCOMING CARS!

I think you should post it here only, no need to create new thread, there are already many threads floating here and there..

And if want you can request FRG to change the title of this thread if you want..

Gearing up to the new challenges, Maruti plans to launch its Splash as Ritz to India. Ritz will compete against the Skoda Fabia, Hyundai i20 and soon to be launched Honda jazz and Fiat Grande Punto. Ritz will come with a 1.2L petrol engine (KB series) and 1.3L multijet diesel. Remember, 1.0L KB series engine which powers the A-star has already credits for its fuel efficiency and peppy nature. Maruti will launch the Ritz in the second week of May. Ritz is expected to be priced around Rs 4-5.5 lakh. and it will be positioned above WagonR but closer to Swift. Meanwhile, ICAT a notified testing agency and a division of National Automotive Testing and R&D Infrastructure Project (NATRiP) has granted approval to Maruti Suzuki to launch the Ritz in India

Volkswagen today officially announced that it will start production at its new chakan (near pune )plant. With an annual production capacity of 110,000 vehicles, the pune plant is built at an investment of Rs 3,800 crore. Volkswagen will build Skoda Fabia, new Polo and a polo based sedan at the new plant.

It is believed that almost 91 cars are to be launched in the next two years. The year 2009 is expected to witness the launch of around 70 to 80 new car models with new design, style, and exciting technologies.

I think you should post it here only' date=' no need to create new thread, there are already many threads floating here and there..

And if want you can request FRG to change the title of this thread if you want..[/quote']

Yeah great idea!

FRG, are you listening??

Today spotted 9-10 Toyota Fortuner at Haldia ,re-fuelling they didn't have any number plates, Looked good, but I don't have camera so couldn't cilck pictures.

I hope Hyundai launches Avante sedan in India soon. Hondas and Toyotas charge us heavily for what they offer, especially Honda. If Hyundai launches a car in that segment it would definitely mean a cheaper product with all the frills and thrills. The Japs need some competition in the civic-altis segment

I hope Hyundai launches Avante sedan in India soon. Hondas and Toyotas charge us heavily for what they offer' date=' especially Honda. If Hyundai launches a car in that segment it would definitely mean a cheaper product with all the frills and thrills. The Japs need some competition in the civic-altis segment

[/quote']

I really don't know about it. It's best hyundai stays away from it. I don't like the looks of that car. It looks like Santa Fe and it has underpinnings from Sonata as well. The rear looks like a compete pluck out from the old Corolla .After the Elantra disaster, it's best Hyundai stays away from bringing Avante in India.

sparshq2009-04-05 09:36:44

Earlier there were almost 50 new cars ready to roll out on Indian roads. And now the list is growing and the Indian car market is expected to witness the launch of almost 91 cars in the year 2009 and 2010. Jaguar and Land Rover cars are also a significant part of the new car launches that are to take place in the next couple of years.

I hope Hyundai launches Avante sedan in India soon. Hondas and Toyotas charge us heavily for what they offer' date=' especially Honda. If Hyundai launches a car in that segment it would definitely mean a cheaper product with all the frills and thrills. The Japs need some competition in the civic-altis segment

[/quote']

I really don't know about it. It's best hyundai stays away from it. I don't like the looks of that car. It looks like Santa Fe and it has underpinnings from Sonata as well. The rear looks like a compete pluck out from the old Corolla .After the Elantra disaster, it's best Hyundai stays away from bringing Avante in India.

Yes I do agree that Elanta was a disaster for the company as well as the car market but when Hyundai plans to launch the Avante in India the car manufacturer has made all the significant changes that the company felt was required. Hyundai is more alert and cautious at a time when the company has plans to launch the Avante.

Today spotted 9-10 Toyota Fortuner at Haldia ' date='re-fuelling they didn't have any number plates, Looked good, but I don't have camera so couldn't cilck pictures.

[/quote']

Sorry for the wrong news!! It was Toyota Pickup trucks written HILUX on the back. All of them were dusty but looked good. At first I thought it was new Tata Xenon Pick-up But on going slightly nearer it was clearer that it was no Tata but Toyota pick-up.

[/quote']

Avante might not work too well IMO. Reason: Altis diesel is on its way , Chevy Cruze is on its way. Avante doesnt even come close to these cars in looks. It looks like a decade old to me. Hyundai should be better off with launching a i40 or something to compete with Civic, Corolla. i series has taken them to another level.