manish0_0

Ford to hike prices of Ikon

I can't really understand that ,when dollar goes down they increase price saying dollar price is low. When dollar goes up they  increase price and say dollar price is high.smiley5.gifsmiley7.gif

The car manufactures never reduce their car price unless there is some sop by Govt and that too for limited period.

In January 2009 the price of all Ford cars were raised by more than Rs. 5000 except  the Ikon. This was because a new facelifted and diesel version of  Ikon was introduced in Nov 08 and they wanted the new car to succeed. Well it did and response to the new Ikon has been indeed very good as seen in the sales figures. Now Ford thinks that it can raise the price by about Rs. 8000 without significant dip in sales figures.  I had prediced this rise in my other blogs. The dollar has gone up by more than 20% in the last  year and it affects cars that have a high import content. When the dollar rate goes down it affects mostly cars which are exported.

every auto mobile company showing down in their net profit.Banks are not giving money easily.infalation is going down regularly and most of all the whole world is in big crisis so why they are increasing their price to cut thier market and now NANO has introduced in market.