nim12esh

Honda Jazz SPOTTED

Honda will have to supply premium features if it wants to command a premium price, which it will surely!

Buyers are demanding features now, look at the ANHC, it has been widely criticized for the lack of features. Honda should have ideally learned a lesson there & not repeat the folly.

Well all wheels are going to be the regular sized steel wheel

Well, then 399 L is quite impressive. I had heard that in other markets they actually provide a non-regular sized spare wheel to enhance luggage volume.

Well you have heard right but even a bigger wheel wont take up that much place . The civic sized boot will make this a hatch with sedan space but India still would love a sedan than a hatchback even if space is the same . This happened with the Ford Fusion too.

Looks very cute.  Caught a glimpse of it while dropping my car at Honda service center last weekend.  A red one like on the photos.  Was looking very good.  

Feel the price raise for Honda City was primarily aimed at Jazz pricing.

rssh,

I think many people living in congested Indian cities will gladly accept the practicality offered by Jazz. My only crib is that for the price they are charging they don't seem to offer features even lower priced cars have.

Yesterday I got a call from a local dealer telling me that the car was ready for a launch and would cost approx 8L OTR Bangalore. He tells me this is a premium hatchback - with premium features such as ABS, two airbags and "magic seats". I'm glad he didn't mention the engine as a premium feature.

I would feel ashamed to use the word premium for a car that doesn't even offer alloy wheels or fog lamps, leave alone climate control. Especially when they have cars like Fabia, i20 for competition. I now feel Fabia had a very impressive feature list for the price they charged and the fact that a large number of parts were imported. Honda here is no doubt charging an arm and a leg for a car with close to 70% local content.

Jupiter2009-06-09 05:30:56

rssh' date='

I think many people living in congested Indian cities will gladly accept the practicality offered by Jazz. My only crib is that for the price they are charging they don't seem to offer features even lower priced cars have.

Yesterday I got a call from a local dealer telling me that the car was ready for a launch and would cost approx 8L OTR Bangalore. He tells me this is a premium hatchback - with premium features such as ABS, two airbags and "magic seats". I'm glad he didn't mention the engine as a premium feature.

I would feel ashamed to use the word premium for a car that doesn't even offer alloy wheels or fog lamps, leave alone climate control. Especially when they have cars like Fabia, i20 for competition. I now feel Fabia had a very impressive feature list for the price they charged and the fact that a large number of parts were imported. Honda here is no doubt charging an arm and a leg for a car with close to 70% local content.

[/quote']

Nonetheless all the IT crowd & "hip" crowd of bangalore will buy the top end version... & simultaneously drive it in pot hole infested bangalore roads. On the contrary Fabia 1.2 is selling at 6.5 (basic version) and the i20 has got a waiting list now. HOndas like civic, city,&jazz are considered "basic" in other Asean countries , but in India Honda places audio controls on the rear seat and its considered luxury. smiley3.gif.. There are so many Asian HOnda forums (eg templeofVTEC) whose users are very surprised that Hondas sell at a premium in India.

@sparshq

Magic seats is a configuration that helps increase the boot space, i think. They have moved the fuel tank from under the rear seats to under the front seats helping in more boot space.

Magic seat is nothing but the seats can be folded in many ways to improve practicality but I don't know how much practical owners of this so called premium hatch will do

So the launch is today any idea on price ? I may go to a showroom today to see it . I am very excited.

People claiming price to be above 7.5 L OTR and some even 8L OTR smiley11.gif . Thats too much for a hatch if 8L figure is true. Launch is today, lets see what can the car offer.

Yup, 8L on-road is pretty much possible.

It is OTT for a hatch, and while Honda thinks this is a new benchmark for luxury, we think it is mere stupidity.

Let's hope this talented car does not end up like the SR-V.

What do they mean by the Magic Seats?

Are they the seats which fold upwards?

That is no magic.

You can put bicycle into the jazz boot , as simple as that.

check below website to see how the seat configures .

Jazz