nim12esh

Honda Jazz SPOTTED

@Sudan: Agree, we dont get exact same specs at the same price and I think the consumer is reacting (or you can say availability of better options) - Maruti's newer models arent selling as they used to in the olden days. I havent seen many A Stars in town where as i10s', which are way better in quality, are present in every nook and corner (just like mice)

i guess Honda will price the Jazz 1.2i-vtec in a right way , since ABS and airbags will standard will will have to pay some premium for the base.

Top end Jazz with 1.5i-vtec engine will surely be near to base model of ANHC.

Indian specifications as we already know ,

jazz 1.2 i- vtec

Camshaft- SOHC

Cylinder Layout- In-line 4

Displacement (cc)- 1198

Fuel Delivery Type- PGM-FI

Fuel type Petrol Layout- Transverse

Maximum power (bhp@ rpm) -89@6000

Maximum torque (Nm @ rpm)- 114 @4900

Number of Cylinders- 4

Bore (mm)- 73

Stroke (mm) -71.58

Valves- 16, 4 per cylinder

1.2 will be launched first and then 1.5 will be launched

Jazz will definitely have a premium pricing as Honda (and its dealers) think that Indians should be grateful for being given the privilege of driving a Honda, so they should not expect a reasonable price or equipment level at-par with the rest of the world.

We also contribute to above by buying their products without proper evaluation. Now that Skoda Superb has blasted the monopoly of Accord, I wish some others cars may do the same to Civic, City and Jazz. That may force Honda to step down from its high heaven.  

I think Jazz would be reasonably equipped because Honda received lot of flak for skimping on City.

Civic's monopoly has been broken by Altis to some extent, had Fiat's A.S.S been good, Linea would have taken the fight to City's doorstep & same would hold true for Punto giving competition to Jazz.

jazz looks similar to merc a-class?? smiley36.gif nice joke u've made out of that..

!!!..any plans of honda to launch it with 1.5 i-vtec??what would be the price of 1.2??flASh2009-04-19 13:05:53

honda jazz is a copy of Merc A Class' date=' Who says only chienese are copying car designs, japs are no way behind smiley2.gif[/quote']

Even if its like that, a little inspiration doesn't hurt if its taken from the best!smiley15.gif

Jazz is a good car no doubt. But it is overpriced when it offers nothing that is significant compared to the competition. Compared to others, the Honda quality is presumed to be good, but a lot of magazines off late have complained that Honda quality is not what it used to be.

Honda is riding on its brand name and milking us Indians. No offense to any Honda lovers, but when compared to the competition, Honda products are not bang for the buck.

Porbu

"Jazz is a good car no doubt. But it is overpriced"

OR should it be

"Jazz is a good car no doubt. But it will be overpriced ".

OR

is it that u have the official price list of Jazz for India.

Guys , Honda Jazz first drive report already in news stand .

Finally, a Honda hatch! Come along for our exclusive first drive of the soon-to-be-launched new Jazz, which is Honda