nim12esh

Honda Jazz SPOTTED

The much expected small car from Honda is all set to hit the roads. Honda today officially announced it will launch the Jazz by June. Jazz will come with a new 1.2 litre engine developed exclusively for the Indian market.

Below Details are from current ACI issue, is it right hand drive in UK ? I guess they have driven a UK spec 1.2 Jazz .

Length :3900mm

Power : 89bhp @ 6000rpm

Torque : 1.62kgm @4900rpm

Weight : 1047Kg

Power to Ratio : around 80W/Kg

On price front there are conflicting information:

ACI current issues says : "Estimated to be upwards of 6.5lakh"

Economic Times says this :"Jazz is likely to be the most expensive petrol hatchback in the market with an expected base price of Rs 5.5 lakh. It will be pitted against Skoda's Fabia, Tata Motors' Indigo, Ford Fusion and Hyundai's Accent besides Ritz the upcoming product from Maruti's stable. "

Honda CEO says this : ""We will try to pass the benefit of lower excise duty on Jazz but 30% of its components are imported and the weak rupee may lead to a higher price," Mr Takedagawa said. He however added that he company is not positioning Jazz as a volume generator and its best-selling sedan City will remain the largest car for Honda in India. "

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4436328.cms

This article seems to be written by someone who doesnt know whats going on in the industry. How can one forget i20 and remember ford fusion is beyond me. And it will be competing with ritz? Though jazz would be mainly rivalled by fabia and upcoming polo. Wait till next year when we get the battle between toyota yaris, honda jazz and VW Polo. Thats when thing will get heated up

I think the base model of Jazz will be priced just below 6 lacs and top-end model will cost around 7 lacs.

I agree. But Honda has to be careful here. They need to bring the 1.5 i vtec of the City in Jazz . So they better leave some room for that engine. I think there will be 2 variants for 1.2 i Vtec ( both manual). 1.5 i vtec will have 1 MT and 1 AT version.

I think the base model of Jazz will be priced just below 6 lacs and top-end model will cost around 7 lacs.
I agree. But Honda has to be careful here. They need to bring the 1.5 i vtec of the City in Jazz . So they better leave some room for that engine. I think there will be 2 variants for 1.2 i Vtec ( both manual). 1.5 i vtec will have 1 MT and 1 AT version.

Karan , what do u think the price will be if 1.5i-vtec comes is Jazz , I guess it will be in the same range of current ANHC.

"The India spec jazz is sure to come with a completely different suspension set-up and perhaps even tyres that are smaller than the current 15" size(alloys wont be standard); so its likely the ride and handling will be different"

source : current ACI

I want to buy a car with following features

1. Good rear comfort ( It would be chauffeur driven)

2.It cost should be less than 7 lac.

3.Good Mileage ( Monthly running is 1000-2000 km)

Should I go for Verna 2009 petrol with CNG( Fitted outside,Delhi).

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Hi Torish, kindly post in the AAA section within forum.

I've gathered that you want a sedan, try Logan diesel, it has a comfortable rear seat & good mileage.

According to The Times of India, the Honda Jazz will be sold in India with a price tag of Rs. 7 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). It would apparently be a high price for a car in a segment that features Maruti Swift and Skoda Fabia. But the VP of marketing at Honda Siel Cars India, Jnaneswar Sen explains,

By the way Honda Jazz details are out in today's TOI.....car is priced at 7 Lakhs (Ex-showroom)....Honda premium as expected ........ 

I was quite surprised to hear the price - 7 lacs! It doesnt look like a car in that price bracket. After pricing the City, Civic and the Accord sensibly i had expected Honda had finally come around to its senses. Guess they like to learn the hard way. Expect limited editions and special offers shortly!

7 lacs for the hatch whose 70% components are local. No premium features like GPS navigation, alloys, ABS, Air bags.....and Indians will still happy to pay 7 lacs .......because it is Honda......