nim12esh

Honda Jazz SPOTTED

Well the reason for earlier city's sucess is that it was a Jazz with a boot and people think about the respect accociated with a sedan but the Jazz with no features at 7 lakhs I would buy the Fabia 1.4lt petrol crap and because it has great features and more quality (remember german has more quality) interiors and the engine could be forgiven but the gear box is the most slick . We can modify the enigne later (after warrenty ) to make it feel more refined .

Well i think after the Jazz's launch, if it does not get great response which is likely, the benefit of that will pass on to fabia(which will be cheaper or more loaded from june onwards after high localisation) or already loaded good looking with back and cheap A.s.s i.e Hyundai i20 which is already getting good response...And not to forget the Fiat GP tooo which will again be fully loaded ..

Although I knew what the response would be, but as was waiting at an airport  had nothing to do - sent an email to Honda, copied below is the response...

From: Customer Relations (customer_relations@hondacarindia.com)
Sent: 13 May 2009 12:05:21
To: Kinshuk Mishra

Dear Sir,

This is in reference to your mail dated 13th May, 2009.

At the outset we thank you for taking keen interest in Honda products.

We have been constantly trying to offer to our esteemed customers, products and services which are contemporary and which meet their needs and aspirations. This is an ongoing process and results in launch of new products and offerings from various companies from time to time. You will appreciate that sharing any information prior to the establishment of some vital parameters, does not serve anyone

If the information is correct and Jazz comes with a pricing of 7 Lacs, it just goes to show how Indians are being taken again for a ride just because of the HONDA name, a 3 year old design introduced in this market at a premium is not done.

Even the HONDA City is not a ground up design it is on the old Honda City platform, me thinks.

If it is a fault of Honda, it is equally our fault for putting Honda on such a pedestal, there are far more superior hatches in the market. This HONDA thing is a effect of the the 70s filtering down even today, then owning a HONDA was a premium thing, not any more.

How come it is not positioned as a premium product in Europe or rather lets compare the features to price for these regions which will make things clear.

Important thing to notice

Assuming a flat torque at the top end (which is

never the case) at 5200rpm the Honda will be only 78ps! Thus given the

same gearing it is obvious in terms of performance there will be very

little to choose. Torque wise the i20 is better any day.

However, given the Honda image and their designing a car for the 1200cc

/ 4m law they must be complemented. The i20 may turn out to be the poor

man's Jazz!.

@csnana&jkauto: Thank's to you went to the Honda Jazz site and booked a TD online and pronto got a call from Capital Honda, Chennai: Jazz would be launched on the 10th of June 2009. Deliveries start end June. Booking have already been made by prospective buyer's to get the car first <!?!?> so don't you guy's write obit's to this pricey Honda, yet. The guy at capital honda said pricing is not yet announced but there are 2 trim's starting at 7.5 L!!!! He asked me if I'm going to book one, I said I'd rather take that TD first.

Well looks out to be too expensive man at 7.5lakhs and people waiting with for Jazz with a budget of 5-6.5lakhs will abuse Honda like hell.

I knew they won't ever price is below 6.5lakhs so didn't bother much about getting info on Indian spec models. So a 1.5lt i-vtec will cost around 8-9lakhs but it will be launched only on customer demand research.

Jazz will be a rich man's hatch!

Honda, it seems is taking full advantage of its perception!

Since there isn't any competition, Honda could exploit the situation for some time to come, as it always does!

GP and i20 will give tough competition to Jazz as they will be cheaper and will com with more features too.

NHC is a success even though price is on the higher side but i don't see that happen with Jazz.

Honda Jazz launch date 10th Jun - Delhi.

Ex. showroom price Delhi:- 7lacs smiley21.gifsmiley3.gif

Got this information from Deccan Honda - Pune.

Had word with sales person name Satish.

Pune On road price might be 8lacs smiley3.gif...

Well I think the Vw polo priced at this range will be better deal than Jazz (German instincts)

Also if Skoda reduces Fabia price as it should due to functioning of Talegaon plant it will sell in good numbers.

@Dreamthecar- Jazz has already created a sensation with the pricesmiley36.gif. Honda have made a blunder by planning to launch only 1 variant. I think i20 should benefit from this. I dont see many buyers for 1.2 VTEC approx 8 lacs on road . Rather wait for a VW Polo or Fiat Grande Punto. 

@Karan Raheja: I think there are 2 variant's with a diff of around 25-30k, that's what the guy from Capital Honda, Chennai, told me.  Launch date is June 10th '09 and price start's at some 7.5 lakhs.

@Sparshq: I think Jazz is paving the way for pricier hatches, but I think the Polo and Punto can't match Jazz on the space front I think.
Durango Dude2009-05-16 11:54:05