nim12esh

Honda Jazz SPOTTED

With this kind of pricing. Faboia an i20 have nothing to worry about..

But I also read that Honda is re-looking at the Jazz pricing

"Honda is ready to bring its small car Jazz to India. The new small car from Honda Siel Cars India will be a premium hatchback model and the expected price of the same is above Rs. 5.5 lakh to 7 lakh. However, the R&D team at Honda is busy to indigenize and localize the car to bring down its cost. It expects to bring down the price to Rs. 4.5 lakh.

Honda R&D team of 25 members will be headed by a senior official from Japan and will also include people from purchase and manufacturing divisions. Honda is aiming at bigger market share in India and also aims to boost its sales figures by introducing a small car in the country. Honda Jazz is the only small car in Honda

@Karan Raheja: I think there are 2 variant's with a diff of around 25-30k' date=' that's what the guy from Capital Honda, Chennai, told me.  Launch date is June 10th '09 and price start's at some 7.5 lakhs.

@Sparshq: I think Jazz is paving the way for pricier hatches, but I think the Polo and Punto can't match Jazz on the space front I think.
[/quote']

Ravi ji, as per news flowing in there s only one variant.Anyways no concrete info is out yet. I agree that Jazz will rule in the space & practicality front compared to the competition. But then no diesel option would be a setback i20 will get CRDi soon, GP MJD , Polo D , Fabia D and soon Yaris D.

@Karan Raheja: I think there are 2 variant's with a diff of around 25-30k' date=' that's what the guy from Capital Honda,?Chennai,?told me.? Launch date is June 10th '09?and price start's at some 7.5 lakhs.

@Sparshq: I think Jazz is paving the way for pricier hatches, but I think the Polo and Punto can't match Jazz on the space front I think.
[/quote']

Is this price is ex-showroom?

Then it will be very expensive.

I don't know one thing Honda is boasting by launching this model in India is by saying it has an India optimised 1.2lt i-VTEC okay don't optimise it give us the 1.5lt i-VTEC at this price point and we will be happy to take it.

Hey all,

Just got the call from Honda dealer..

Jazz details

Its a 1.2 i-vetc with 90ps It will laucnh in only one variant ...Launch date Delhi 10th Jun...In Mumbai it will launch at 11th Jun....In Pune they will put on display at 15th Jun...

It will come in 6 colors....And the worst part is on road price Pune 8.10lacs smiley3.gifsmiley29.gif...

So lets see how it goes now...

Fiat please launch GP ASAP now.....

Imo Honda should give up the premium pricing strategy now or consumers should wake upto this practice & choose other alternatives.

Honda still does'nt sell a diesel & 1.2L would be underpowered for premium positioning.

@speed 90bhp cannot be called underpowered but it can be said drivability won't be great as you will have to rev the engine to get that power reducing the milege . I would prefer a 1.3lt iVtec poweriing the NHC in Pakistan to be fitted in Jazz and tuned to get 105bhp.

Rssh, one can get a 1.2L engine for a fraction of the price of Jazz! Engine size should be proportionate to price!

Cheaper alternatives like i10/i2o/Ritz have good drive ability with 1.2L engine, why spend OTT for almost the same engine!

Thats right ACi commented that the Ritz engine is as rev happy as the Honda and is as refined too .

@bornfree I agree with you at this price the Honda citys engine would have been great even if it was tuned down a bit.

Siel Cars India president and CEO Masahiro Takedagawa has been managing activities of the Honda group in India and Asia Oceania region for the past three-and-a-half years. Mr Takedagawa outlines Honda

I think that the Jazz will come in S varient as of now because many people are going for S varient of city than the E so it is good to think that people want feature and creature comfort . About the Rajastan plant I think they need to come up with some bread butter model to make it work and smaller car than the JAZZ should come fast to utilize the plant or else it is waste of money . They can ofcorse export cars but thailand already exports to many countries in asia pacific.

One question, if the ANHC is selling soo well how come it's not figuring in the ACI Top 10 list. As far as I know it hasn't figured even once in the ACI top 10 since launch.

The hatchback segment is getting soo cluttered that ACI must take a fresh look at the hatchback segment, after the launch of the Jazz and Punto. Ideally the comparo must include the following: i10 Kappa, i20, Swift, Ritz, Vista, the Ford Fusion, Punto, Jazz, and Fabia. With the 'Ritz'y pricing I think the i20/Fabia and the forthcoming Jazz and Punto will have to do a rethink on the pricing front. Ritz launch and pricing has cooked many geese at one go, above and below segment's as mentioned by Shapur in the latest ACI. Sure Ritz is going to be the top of the pop's in the coming month's. MSIL is going to have long wait list's for this hatch too, MSIL and wait list's are slowly becoming synonymus.
Durango Dude2009-05-28 18:39:46

DD, you are mistaken.

The City has come almost every time into the top 10 since it's launch. I am not seeing the top ten chart in the magazine since May, i don't know why. The city sold 2800 units is April 09.

@Sparshq: The City ZX was doing better number's than the present City, that's why it constantly figured in the ACI top 10. Just see the ACI last month and this month there's no mention of ANHC in the top 10.

Takedagawa<quote>: However, the Jazz will benefit from the lower excise duty allowed on small cars.<unquote>. That's why they have priced the Jazz at 7.5 lakh's otherwise it'd have been close to 8.5 lakhs.smiley36.gif. Honda sure take's Indian's for joker's and sure we are also proving them right.
Durango Dude2009-05-29 06:08:53

I just hope Jazz isnt as barebones are the ANHC and there is some value for the buyer!

Agree with DD on the ANHC sales issue - except for people who are upgading (and thus selling off their old car), there arent many who are replacing NHC with the ANHC! 

slightly off topic:

There's nothing exciting about the ANHC - my 04 NHC seems to be more value as I paid 7.5L for the exact same kit (probably NHC had better kit)! I drive in the city, bumper to bumper traffic and I dont really feel the pinch on the power front (there goes the engine arguement).

Its sales pitch is same as the Amby's many years ago -

New Ambassador with Isuzu engine!!

All New Honda City with iVTEC engine!!!

Q.Anything new besides the engine?

A. nothing really besides the gearbox and paddle shifters!
Kinshuk2009-05-29 06:46:12

Well ANHC is completely new product but sadly skimped on features & high on price. For some years now, even I have been feeling the absence of adding new tech/features on cars. This is the reason why most modern cars/launches do not excite me enough. I mean its the same thing reboxed & kept in the showroom!

Cars like Jazz may be high on driveability, space, but the asking price due to being a Honda is definitely going to be high. Now, there are worthy alternatives in the market & more importantly diesel avatars, Jazz's appeal shall be limited to uber rich(i20 tag line), fairer sex & maybe teenagers!

I believe the Jazz is a pretty good car. An ideal vehicle for city use/weekend getaway.

However, a Jazz 1.2 would be overpriced if sold at (OTR) 8L or above. Especially, considering that Honda has conveniently left out a lot of features that one would expect in a so called "premium hatch".

Just think about it - Skoda offered a Fabia 1.4 (petrol) top-end with a

very high import content last year. The price was again about 8L (OTR Bangalore). It

had a sunroof, parking assist, alloys, fogs lamps, telescopic adjust

steering - none of these will be available on the Jazz. Also Jazz has only

about 30% imported content and also gets the excise duty benefit

because of the 1.2 litre engine. They still price the Jazz at a premium. For what reason? The engine? How much premium can Honda expect for a good engine?

I'm really disappointed. Due to space constraints, many people in Indian cities are interested in large hatchbacks. These are people who can afford sedans. And such people will be willing to pay a premium provided the car comes with all features one can expect for the money. IMO Honda has lost the plot completely. They have either become too greedy or over-confident. Perhaps both. Jupiter2009-05-30 20:45:09