haricharankumar

UVA 1.2 - GETZ 1.3 - SWIFT

I am planning to buy a new car. I have zeroed in on the following choices.
1. Chevrolet AVEO U-VA 1.2
2. Hyundai Getz 1.3 GVS
3. Maruti Swift LXi

Important considereations in selecting the car would be (rating as numbered)
1. Good mileage with decent power
2. Good rear space
3. Looks
4. Serviceability
5. Spare cost

Most of the driving would be in city (60%) and I would clock some where between 550 to 750 KMS on an average every month.

I tested the UVA 1.2LS yesterday and I found it to be very good and it impressed me a lot.

After testing the other two cars, will it be wise to go ahead with a the current UVA? Or is there an upgradation or facelift in the pipeline. Read in the internet that AVEO 5 which has been launched in the US will be launched in India replacing the current UVA. Is this true and should I wait for it?

Please advise.

With regards
Haricharan

Yes this is true. This shall happen in another two years or even earlier. My choice would be Getz GVS as it is a really great performer and has good solid interiors as well. It looks the sleekest out of the three and has excellent rear space.

Swift Lxi is a good performer as well as a superb handler. But the build quality is disappointing it it is a barebones car. With nothing but power steering and ac [ dont criticise me if i'm missing out something] as standard.

If getz is not your deal, then this isn't as well. The U-VA offers mammoth space at the rear. But the seats are not comfortable. The U-VA is a reasonable good performer, but lacks the flair of the getz or the handling of the swift. Interior quality is also not great.

If i were to choose between the three, i'd go for Getz for it's performance,sheer space class and looks.

hi,

considering your requirements...just rule out Swift lxi..its cramped @ rear..its not @ all comfy for 3 persons @ rear..and personally i feel the car incomplete with very down to earth features..Hyundai Getz is good spacious car with good build n have enough power n decent mileage..but its outdated..it'll discontinue shorly..left out is U-VA which is a bit low on power(77ps)..but it doesn't feels underpowered..also,its more spacious @ rear then getz..so now its up to you to decide..tc

UVA is an average hatch which does not excel in any department. It is spacious but there are others who are equally spacious.

I would also go for Getz GVS model. It has everything that you asked for in.

Though I would not overlook indica vista. It is also very spacious, looks good and is an incredible value for money and latest kid in the town. Also maruti will be launching Splash by mid may which will be priced in the same range and will have more equipment than the competition have so you can wait for that too

My opinion go for either Getz 1.3 or Vista Aura.

go for  swift vxi if u can. it has the neccesary features and is a good car overall. i hav just bought it and i am happy with it. being a maruti u dont have to worry about service and spares and acc. to me chevy spares are high priced(im not sure on this) getz 1.3 is also a good car  but it willl be phased out soon. and @ the price of getz 1.3 gvs . you can get swift vxi. space is less in the swift but its manageble and swift is a great performer and handler. hey guys is there any upgrade to the swift being readied for launch????

sorry for posting again but forgot to say that vista is spacious and comfortable but it is underpowered and somehow i dont trust tata quality and A.S.S and the console in the center looks weird .

hallo duddy,s

if u don,t mind tell me first which one u wana get (Petrol or Diesel)

if u want Petrol so Swift  is best option

if u want Diesel so Vista is Better

coz. Vista is under power in Petrol

Vista have Mutijet |Engine as well as Swift(190NM@2000rpm) but the Torque is better in Vista(190NM@1750rpm) his Torque working first against to Swift

and u compaired in Price Swift VDI Diesel(RS:-5,45,000/-) & Vista Aura(RS:-5,20,000/-)with MP3 + DriverSeat height adjustable + Beige interior + Tilt-adjustsable |Steering + |Rear Wipers

Rule out UVA... it is not in the league of getz or swift... in your case, your first choice should be getz and the second the swift. if you can cope with swifts rear space depending how much back you push the seat while driving, you can buy swift.

If you want to be one with the masses then go for the Swift, if you do want to stand out in a crowd go for the Getz 1.3 GVS in solid red and add a coat of polish and some jazzy alloy's and you are ready to swing. Chevy U-VA is very mundane and has the 'American '80's' look and look's outdated. Though Getz is out of production else where it still look's fresh. Choice is your's.

Important considereations in selecting the car would be (rating as numbered)

1. Good mileage with decent power

2. Good rear space

3. Looks

4. Serviceability

5. Spare cost

I think you should go for UVA. It suits your needs. Also I think GM provides 3 year maintenance for free. I has loads of space and looks good to me.

well personally i feel UVA has both the combination of Swift and Getz..i mean to say what swift lacks in space whereas UVA is very spacious.. and getz comprises on handling departments which is good in UVA not the best as in Swift..

we have owned for nearly 18 months and it get better day by day.. i personally feel that it is a tad underpowered but u don't feel so much in the city.. and if you go in for a UVA then i suggest to look for ivory gold colour...the colour is really cool.

yeah the glx version is around 30000 less than the price of i20 magna but it has virtually everything the magna variant has, audio system, ABS, Airbag and a host of other features. But rather than the Getz GLX, you can go for i20 magna

hari, welcome to autocarindia. Between your shortlisted cars, i would suggest you to go for getz gvs, spacious, better built, good power,decent mileage, good ASS, spares availability and overall is a good package, if you can exceed your budget, you can look at new i20 base model too.

as u said ur 60% drive is going to b in city then i wud rule out the swift as it needs more gear changes in the city than rest of the two ....again it is the least specious and most cheaply build...

now come to the uva ...u will find it almost as specious as getz and as better built and can be most fuel efficient ..but it has the smallest boot so long journey cud be a problem with not enough space for laguage again with the least power among the trio it will be least fun to drive ..a.s.s is also second to hyundai and maruti.....

so getz seem to b the best bet for u for the reasons that ....it is the most specious both in terms of passenger space and with boot ...it has almost as good power as swift and better drivebility in city ...also got best built quality so no rattiling issues ...and last but not the least hyundai's a.s.s is as good as maruti ....

so getz seem to b the best for u ...

Seeing your requirements, Getz is the one to go for..Moreover you will also get some good deals and even if its phased out soon which i dont think so by seeing Accent still available now, but even if its get phased out, i think hyundai can very well manage your car..Dont worry about that but yes resale will be affected..

Getz fulfills your all requirements, go for it...

If u r not going to sell it within 10 years U-Va is the best, only drawback is its resell value but I think after 10 year there won't be big difference in resale value of V-ua or any other car(cost=peanuts).