hi

I am planning to buy a new car. My budget ranges from 5-6 lakh. I have been seeing different cars like swift, Sx4 and i20. I have driven the i20 and am convinced by the features and the drive of the car. Should i go for the i20 ? The thing that arises a doubt in my mind is that I dont see alot many of i20's of the road. What could be the reason for it?

Thanks

Rohit

hi
I am planning to buy a new car. My budget ranges from 5-6 lakh. I have been seeing different cars like swift' date=' Sx4 and i20. I have driven the i20 and am convinced by the features and the drive of the car. Should i go for the i20 ? The thing that arises a doubt in my mind is that I dont see alot many of i20's of the road. What could be the reason for it?

Thanks
Rohit
[/quote']

Dear rohit,

Your choice very perfect both in value for money and ultra modern car.

Also fuel effieciency is good compared with other petrol engines (swift or fabia).

i20 Asta is the best for your budget

Fiat should launch the Palio

with the 1.2litre engine currently in use in the petrol Vista and then

either drop prices of 1.1litre or phase it out completely. I prefer it

being phased out completely. Fiat should also launch an LPG version

with this new engine. I have seen the facelifted Palio in Brazil and it

looks ugly so Fiat better not launch the new look but they can well add

the new corporate grill from the facelifted Palio. Fiat must also

re-add the ABS and airbags that was available in the earlier Palio and

a new dashbord is urgently needed specially after the ultra-stylish

Linea dash. I am sure Palio sales will reach between 1000 to 2000 units

per month if Fiat does what I have written above. 

Thank you for your views, I have a few more queries.

What would be the new engine in i20 like ? How much will it affect the pricing of the car? I am not too convinced about a diesel car so I will go for a petrol car.

Any answers to why I cannot see the car too much on the road ?? Should I wait for Honda Jazz to be released ? Would the quality and drive of Honda Jazz be as good as i20 ?

There is delivery period so not much cars are on road but its sure that sales are pretty good and much higher than what Hyundai expected..

And regarding engine, they will launch 1.4 petrol-90bhp and 1.4 diesel-75-80 bhp, and price increase will be around 40k for petrol and 80k for diesel but it will not get launched before the end of 09..So if you are convince with the current engine then go for it and try to go for Asta, its the best variant..

Hundai first has to clear the waiting lists of cars that have been booked before india launch all over the world. If you go to the showroom it is unlikely you will get delivery within a month. Thats the reason you  dont see much i20s on the road. Its not that the car havent been selling well, the thing is that the car havent been delivered yet.

Any answers to why I cannot see the car too much on the road?

There may be waiting period. I had read somewhere (I think in ACI April Issue)

that Hyundai India is going to bring in bigger Petrol engine 1.4 or 1.6 and a Diesel 1.4 Too due to overwhelming response to i20 1.2 Kappa.

Should I wait for Honda Jazz to be released ? Would the quality and drive of Honda Jazz be as good as i20?

The quality of Jazz would be good but Honda may cut on features and Add a BIG Price-Tag to it as well.

It will be better if you go with i20 1.2 Kappa or wait for bigger Petrol engine or Diesel Engine.

Jazz will be priced in Linea Territory.

YOU DON'T see i20 because many people still go with the swift as it is a tried and tested car and its a good old maruti. Its great resale value is also the reason. i20 is great car but will catch the market slowly.

YOU DON'T see i20 because many people still go with the swift as it is a tried and tested car and its a good old maruti. Its great resale value is also the reason. i20 is great car but will catch the market slowly.
buddy Swift does sells very well than i20 but its not the reason why he is not able to see i20's...Why does Swift comes in between everytime we talk about i20...Hyundai have sold more than 1000+ in single month so whether Swift is selling or not, i20's are bound to be on-road but problem is with the delivery period which is high and reason being less i20's on road..And waiting period is high because Hyundai didnt expected this much demand, as this car was strictly meant for exports, but as its being exported from India, Hyundai just launched it ..Any sales come from i20 is actually bonus to hyundai coz its not specially made for India, these models we are getting are export ones only...

And Btw, i am seeing few i20's on road in my city..Its actually BIG in size..

And waiting period is high because Hyundai didn't expect this much demand' date=' as this car was strictly meant for exports, but as its being exported from India, Hyundai just launched it.[/quote']

Yup Absolutely correct BS. I second you on this.

i20 is a good car and also look's big. It has decent power and can seat 5 comfortably. It has adequate boot space and fantastic interior's. It look's great in Maroon. Go for it, you will not regret the decision.