CYRUS43

F1: Malaysian Grand Prix

Just saw the Qualifying for the Malaysian Grand Prix at sepang. Was really really hoping for rain but none came! Brawn did a brilliant job again getting a very impressive pole position.

Here is the official timings list courtesy Formula1.com

Please note: Vettel will be getting a 10 place penalty due to his unforunate accident last weekend and Barrichello will be getting a 5 place penalty due to a change of Gearbox during practice.

12289953.jpg

It is going to be a good race to watch. Both the Mclaren's did not make it to the final round of qualifying and I believe they expected it. Big surprise was Felipe not making it to the second session. Kimi made it only to 9th hope he is running heavy on fuel becuase his practise pace was good.

With the grid penalties coming into effect, things should turn out to be interesting. Am just wondering how Vettel would do in the race knowing that he has a car with the potential for a podium finish 

I can use only one term 'Ruddy Shambles'.It is hight time they forgot the European TV Timings and went back to 2:00pm local time.

Total waste for 2-1/2 hours!smiley7.gif

I agree with SG sir.......They should go back to the 14:00 race start for countries in the east. There will be weather and bad light problems. Drivers were complaining about bad light even in Melbourne. The race was an anti climax!

all ol' bernie wants is money. soon, it will become the middle-east F1 championship. you'll see: there will be races in every middle-east emirate / country. so , soon there will be races in bahrain, abu dhabi, saudi arabia, dubai, etc etc. and bernie will become richer and the sport will become poorer

Changing the malaysian GP timing was a big debacle! it was roughly about 7.30 -8 in uk, france when this race took place..i'm sure f1 fans would have watched it even if it was an hour earlier and the rain would have been avoided!