vivekbansal11

Maruti not keeping its promise

In such recession time when Automobile manufacturer are looking for customer for their Vehicles, Maruti is giving pain to its potential buyers for waiting unnecessary for 4-6 months (minimum) for DZire car. There is no proper booking numbers or follow up and buyer is on mercy of dealer. I am sure that other manufacturers like Fiat, Ford and other should reduce their price of car in competition so that people can have option for DZire and hence Maruti will learn a lesson. Also I am not sure if there is any protection under consumer law to sue manufacturer for such malpractices. I am waiting for DZire ZDI for last 2 months and I hope if we all raise voice to Maruti for such ruddy behavior we will get our cars delivered soon. Please all who are waiting for Delivery of your vehicle should raise a voice here.

I dont think that waiting period of Dzire is 4 months unnecessarily. Dzire has an extremely high demand and  almost 7000 units are delivered every month. Such waiting period is all over India and there is nothing even Maruti can do about it. Talk to your dealer for the reason of delay and contact regional maruti office and tell them your concern.

Ford has a diesel car in that price range in form of ford ikon if you are interested

There is nothing to feel aggressive and angry on the delay Vivek. Maruti Swift and Swift Dzire has really a great demand in the market and so the waiting period is expected. Rahul is right that you should talk to the dealers or directly contact the manufacturer and find out the true reason for delay.

i must share my experience too when i got the dzire.. I initially booked a swift VDI way back in december 2007 and paid 50k as a booking amount in Jan08. I was promised a delivery in May08 since swift diesel also had about 5 month waiting period. I was ok with this too. H/ever when the dzire was launched in May08, it had a intro price of just 6.6 lacs for the vdi, which was just about 80k more than the swift vdi i booked. The dealer himself convinced me that i can switch to th dzire and i will be given a car immdtly. I did the same and even had the bank release the loan amount in 2 days. What followed was a nightmare! Everyday i would call up and i would get some excuse and thatthe car would be delivered in a day or two etc.. i had a major argument with the car dealer's GM and he threatned to give the car only after 5 months! i was devastated as i needed the car badly for my marriage which was in June08. Somehow we reached a compromise and the car was given to me by the end of may! but the point is that the dealer never gave my any commitment in writing about the delivery and took me for a ride! i was infact thinking of cancelling the booking and switching to a logan or even a fabia..but luckily i got the car quickly.

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">In such recession time when Automobile manufacturer are looking for customer for their Vehicles' date=' Maruti is giving pain to its potential buyers for waiting unnecessary for 4-6 months (minimum) for DZire car. There is no proper booking numbers or follow up and buyer is on mercy of dealer. I am sure that other manufacturers like Fiat, Ford and other should reduce their price of car in competition so that people can have option for DZire and hence Maruti will learn a lesson. Also I am not sure if there is any protection under consumer law to sue manufacturer for such malpractices. I am waiting for DZire ZDI for last 2 months and I hope if we all raise voice to Maruti for such ruddy behavior we will get our cars delivered soon. Please all who are waiting for Delivery of your vehicle should raise a voice here.[/quote'] Well there are competition but it should suit your requirements..You try Logan, Ikon which are also good and can also wait for New Indigo ...If you can extend your budget, try to get Linea MJD, Dzire is nowhere near it...but you have to be ready to pay almost a lac more than Dzire VDi...

Dzire is one ugly duckling that find's itself in Cinderella's shoe's; frankly I can't see what makes people queue up for it, month's on end. MSIL is having a dream run even in trying times and can't seem to make enough to satiate it's client's demand's. MSIL cares two hoot's what anyone think's; and will be very happy if it looses a few customer's. It's MSIL way of saying "Bugger Off".

Hi Guys, I find this Dzire, a better option in the medium car segment and am planing to buy it, visited the show room Y'day.The dealer told the delivery time would be around 1-2 months.Looking at all your views, i doubt, if i will get it in 2 months.Its it worth, waiting for few months and is there going to be any price hike for MS variants?

There should be one centralised waiting list from MSIL, which should be available for all to see on Maruti website. Dealer must show the likely delivery period to the prospective customer before booking and the advance receipt (printed from MSIL website only) must have a likely delivery date from Maruti. If MSIL fail to deliver the car within 15 days, then customer should be paid a penal interest of 0.5% per week or part thereof, till the date of delivery, by MSIL. The booking process should be independent of the dealer.

In fact this process should be made standard for all cars which may have a long booking period like Nano.

But of course our sarkari babus will never think of such scheme as they can get their car by pulling some strings.

I second Sanjay Sir and Arvind Sir on Putting the Waiting list at the Dealer and Website so that all can see when they would get the car delivered to them.

my idea of puting this for discussion was against a system where we are the sufferers. There is no tranparency from Maruti and their dealers. Dzire is being sold with premium by distributors and they are fooling genuine buyers. we should raise our voice against such system and Company. Remember the voice of people shook the nation after Mumbai attacks.  We can bring in change if we want to.

my idea of puting this for discussion was against a system where we are the sufferers. There is no tranparency from Maruti and their dealers. Dzire is being sold with premium by distributors and they are fooling genuine buyers. we should raise our voice against such system and Company. Remember the voice of people shook the nation after Mumbai attacks.  We can bring in change if we want to.

DELETED

That

while i understand that maruti is not to be blamed for this dzire waiting period fiasco, i still feel that maruti has to regulate this whole waiting period process and make it a much more transparent one! For ex, if some one books a dzire, by paying say 50k, the dealer should let the buyer know the exact delivery date within a week's time. whether it is 6 months or 8 months, it is up to the buyer to decide,,but atleast let the goddamn buyer know! they should also have an online status system, where the buyer can check the status of his car by keying in his booking id..cmon, this is not too much to ask from the no 1 car maker in india!

Well if they start to mention the exact delivery dates, they have to bear the loss of many customers cancelling their Dzire's, this is actually every companies trick to sell, 1st to claim false dates and then to give them false assurances so that Customers do not cancel their bookings and truely speaking even after many false assurances, in the end many less people cancel their booking and majority of them chooses to wait for some more time..

These daysz almost every other car has a waiting period....the new launches like xylo,anhc,linea all have a waiting period...but maruti is loosing dzire customers  due to the insane waiting period...they have a winner at hand and should seriously increase the production of dzire...maruti should stop producing all their old cars like 800,omni,versa,estilo so that they can produce cars that are selling !!!!

Guys,

I think you have taken me wrong. i am not asking for any satyagrah or agitation aginst MS. I am saying we should pass on message to Maruti that they should make system of boking and delivery of Dzire more transparent than it is. Current system is encouraging black marketing and very bad experience with dealer. if this system is more transparent then every buyer shall be happy after all he is spending his hard earned money to buy this car and i believe most of the people will be middle class people like us and waiting for long time without any info is discouraging.

vivek bansal is absolutely right about black marketing....pay the maruti dealers a premium of 15-20 k and you wont need to wait....ofcourse vivek u can email to maruti ur problems...

btw sparsh you are not the owner of this forum that you talk so rudely....if you dint wanted to reply you could very well not have done it....i request the moderators to look into it.

Thanks Mehul and other guys who have supported me. I have checked with numerous dealers about delivery of Dzire and alsmost all have the same version and really there is good amount balck happening. My advise to sparshq (real name not published- not sure why?) should check ground realities before coming out with his own hypothesis.

Hello Everyone, I do also have booked Dzire Zdi. On 23rd march i had booked Diesel Swift but on 2nd April i switched to Dzire. The dealer quoted me waiting period of 2 months.

On the other part Black is going on.

@vivekbansal1 you are absolutely right.

Even i am giving u contact no. of sales executives of Showroom who black them.

1. Magic Auto (Palam Dabri Road) : Contact person :Raj, Contact No. 9211555257, asking amount :15,000.

2. Fair Deal (Dilshad Garden) : Contact person :Deepak, Contact No. 9654298793, asking amount :25,000.

And these are not only two, there are many in each & every showroom. I have talked to several one. they even told me the color will be mine choice & delivery period 1 week.

Even if you want to know more, i can give you all information.

@sparshq: So do u need dzire in 1 week. Pay the premium of 15000, and get it in a week.

Why should the customer be waiting after he has paid money for the booking for such a insane amount of time beats me!

Marutis are taking Indian customers for granted and it will be so unless no one acts against it. I hope these public forums help.

yes, i absolutely agree with Sharash in these forums we should bring out such issues and may be we get attantion of automobile manufacturer in this case Maruti. I am not sure why sparshq is getiing cranky over this issue and protecting MS. i am not sure if he is employee of Maruti. MAruti shld optimise their production and shld not take customers for granted and gone are the days when it used to be manufacturers market, it is consumer market and consumer has evry right to raise a voice aginst injustice to them and such forums you share ideas, pains and leran from each other but atleast not pull eachother's leg. So Sparshq get up and get mature to be part of such forums.

7000 units a month?? Msil wants to sell the Petrol Dzire too, since everyone wants to buy the diesel. In many showrooms Dzrire and Swift Petrols are already stocked, and one fine day when the customer has had enuff  of waiting for the diesel they finally give in and  buy the Petrol engined car. It's a strategy which is used extensively by MSIL.

Not that Maruti does this deliberately, because everyone wants the diesel itself, the company also has a priority of off-loading petrol Dzire & swifts too.

They can have a better margin too by doing this.

Gone are the days when in 2005/06 Swift petrols were so much in demand that "dalals" all over the country started a business by buying cars in bulk from dealers & then sell them too innocent new buyers of the car who were so desperate for the swift.

I am saying we should pass on message to Maruti that they should make system of boking and delivery of Dzire more transparent than it is. Current system is encouraging black marketing and very bad experience with dealer.

I agree with you. Here a dealer asked Rs. 15000 for immediate delivery of Dzire and the amount is same for Swift. But not all dealers are like this.