headachin

Hadnt Fiat India promised change?!

MODS SORRY FOR OFF-TOPIC.

@nimesh and autofreako..

The FE figures for both the Indigos are calculated on Tankful to Tankful Basis.

The FE figure for Pulsar is calculated for Reserve to Reserve Basis. I will calculate this too on Tankful to Tankful Basis and Update my Signature.

@nim123esh & vivekbansal11: thanks a ton for the favor. i have written to them. will wait for a few days i reckon.

in the meanwhile, the dealer is following up with me for sending the written "confirmation on canceling the order"!! cant believe these people. atrocious!!

was out of country.  got back. just checking  the thread, and also did some random search on the palio stile 1.6 sport. there's this tiny rumor that i sniffed out from the web - palio stile 1.6 is being discontinued. can anybody fill me in on this?! if this is true, i'd like to immediately take corrective steps.  

did some random search on the palio stile 1.6 sport. there's this tiny rumor that i sniffed out from the web - palio stile 1.6 is being discontinued. can anybody fill me in on this?! if this is true' date=' i'd like to immediately take corrective steps.[/quote']

I have just checked the fiat india website. It still displays the Price list of 1.6 Stile Sport. That means the 1.6 Stile has not been discontinued yet.

Here is the link

this is an interesting post - and typical I'm afraid of any service in India (and I speak as an Indian) - whether it's buying a car or getting an internet connection: lies, delays and harassment are the norm. this is because people do not know their jobs, are lazy, and, spoiled in a monopolistic market, are uncaring of their customers.

every time I read about TATA being an ethical, reputed company, I want to laugh. I have a TATA car which was delivered to me without papers by HAN, an authorised dealer, then crashed in his workshop, and then had the wiring pulled out by WASAN. TATA HO took no action against their dealers. I shudder to think of the level of incompetence that must prevail amongst them when selling Fiat.

the sad truth is that they're all pretty much the same. everyone has horror stories about almost every dealer (remember Skoda and Nummer Eins? or Daewoo? I've even had a GM salesman tell me airbags are not needed in a 1.6 Optra because it has a smaller engine capacity). what's the solution? none at this time, I'm afraid. it's predatory and monopolistic practices that allow the Indica to be one of this country's highest selling vehicles (look at how brilliantly it's doing overseas) - we need unfettered imports, we need this pathetic govt to stop listening to the car lobby and allow imports at reasonable duties (say 25%, like China and Russia) - and then watch these fools pull their socks up to their chin.

and don't bother with the fiat CEO corner. that twit just mouths off some generic rubbish. he wouldn't know what to do if his car turned around and bit him. and he probably doesn't drive a fiat anyway.

Very valid points there Diablo!

Im a testament to poor show by Honda, Toyota let alone Tata, Fiat! Something to be noted here though could be the ratio between the two. The important point here is that consumers are harassed someway or the other by almost all, the incidences being high with some!

There is also a general lack of control by law enforcing channels, consumer courts have stepped in but people still suffer from the mindset "courts mein kaun kharab ho"! Which is right also.

You are right, Imports should be rationalized, then the level of service would rise altogether.