rishad

The reversing horn nuisance

Can something constructive be done to curb this high decibel menace. Maybe dealers can be slapped hefty fines for installing them. Right now the rules that are in place are hardly being enforced and unless something drastic is done this nuisance will not be curbed.

Yes it is quite a nuisance to everybody else. Enforcement is a problem yet again. Security systems like the ones from Autocop come with a reverse horn standard. These can be switched off via the remote.

If you have one, please put a switch so that you can switch it off when not needed.

FRG

Rishad tell me about it ..every time i hear one i feel like blowing the car away. Something really needs to be done about it. I have heard they are illegal now and to have them is a challanable offence.

Then theres the variety of sounds that come with reverse alarms - classics like my heart will go on and jingle bells (i expect an xmas present everytime i hear that). And what part of hearing a baby crying would make me jump out of the way of a reversing car? Id sooner be roadkill.

launch.png

Its really painful,these reverse horns,I have been woken on more ocassions than one by a TITANIC theme reverse horn.Thats the least .....I have heard christmas carols all year round thank to these nuisance reverse horns.

well i prefer my locking system to has a noise..... helps me find my car in big car parks..... but not a reverse one....... if there any need of any warning sound the horn is always there ;)

yes why not have a common sound which could be helpful for new drivers till they get better reversing skills. but not cinema song tunes with different horns, huh!!! should be just a audible sound and not too loud to hear from next street

There's a Mumbai High Court verdict regarding reverse horns that tend to create nuisance in residential localities. But enforcement is at ground zero.Reverse horns are for safety under our Bharatiya conditions, but should not be a nuisance, due to the emitted noise above the permissible threshold decibel limit, which is 60 decibels , I believe.

I fully agree its a veritable nuisance but on big SUVs with ***** on the road jaywalking all the time' date=' its also a required necessity.[/quote']

For those who don't want to move, they still don't move whether there is a reverse horn or not. There is a reverse horn or not, people still know that vehicle is reversing. It is not just the jaywalking pedestrians, but also any other car or bike drivers, who just won't give way to the reversing vehicles easily. I don't know why people show this urgency when they see a vehicle reversing, say, when struggling to pull out of a parking lot on the road side, but I know people do it.

Anyways, bottom line is that reverse horn is just nuisance, hardly of any use. But is it something really hurting me that demand a confrontation? No. So, most people just leave those neighbors or friends. Even if we request or tell, it may be taken as an offense or they would just ignore it.