sparshq

Gifting your chauffeur

Here is the story about a fool who gave his chauffeur a gift he would bang his head on-

Rohan Mitra purchased a BMW 530d on his birthday. He was a rich guy and would obviously be chauffeured.

His chauffeur Mallickji Phalke was very happy. Not because   his master gifted him a BMW, but at the foolishness of Rohan. Rohan now left his Toyota Camry at home and always used to take the BMW to office. Poor miserable chap! He used to sit in the 'too much in your face' seats while the chauffeur was having the fun of his lifetime. Why? Because 530d is such an excellent car to drive but equally worse at the backseat.

Rohan thought that he would be luxuriously relaxing while his chauffeur does the hard work.

Mallickji is one lucky chauffeur who gets such an excellent gift.

So guys, can you tell me some cars which can please the chauffeur and make a backseat headache and also some

cars which are punishment for chauffeurs and a pleasure for the backseat recliner?

Views Please.

Sparsh

That is a very funny topic you have started buddy!!

From the top of my head, tht cars i can think of that are brilliant to drive but not so good in the back seat are: CLS, C63, Ferrari 612, BMW 6 series, M5,M3, M6....and Basically all the 4seater Coupes available in the market and a few more mad cars with 4(or more) seats.

And some that are excellent to sit in but not so good to drive are the Indigo XL, Tata Safari, Ambassador.....

These are some i can think of from the top of my head. Will think of more later......

CYRUS432009-04-06 10:46:41

Yes Amby gives supreme comfort, but its actually punishment for those who drives...

Indigo XL and Safari are also similar such but not as bad to drive as Amby..

In budget cars, A-star is good to drive but its rear seat is uncomfortable being cramped, Ford Endy is good to drive but its leaf-springs suspensions make the rear seat too uncomfy and bumpy..

Also the mercs gives supreme comfort but arent as fun-to drive as competitors but then they arent pain to drive at all but relatively they arent good to drive..

The CLS and C63 have absolutely no place in the back if there is someone teller sitting in the front and driving. Apart from that, they are supremely comfortable in all aspects.

CYRUS432009-04-06 10:59:42

If we give our driver these cars to drive, they will be supremely happy smiley36.gif while we suffer in the backseat smiley7.gif

A-Star

Swift

Desire

Mercedes CLS

Ford Fiesta

BMW 3 Series

BMW 5 Series

BMW 7 Series

Well BMW 7 series is not an uncomfortable car but the Driver has more fun than we have, don't you think so?

Some cars which are punishments for your Chauffeur for being a bad boy smiley36.gif

Good Old Amby

Hyundai Verna Petrol

Fiat Linea Fire [ZZZZ......SNORE]

Renault Logan

Skoda Fabia

Maruti Omni

Will think of some more.....

sparshq2009-04-06 11:33:24

If we give our driver these cars to drive' date=' they will be supremely happy smiley36.gif while we suffer in the backseat smiley7.gif

A-Star

Swift

Desire

Mercedes CLS

Ford Fiesta

BMW 3 Series

BMW 5 Series

BMW 7 Series

Well BMW 7 series is not an uncomfortable car but the Driver has more fun than we have, don't you think so?

Some cars which are punishments for your Chauffeur for being a bad boy smiley36.gif

Good Old Amby

Hyundai Verna Petrol

Fiat Linea Fire [ZZZZ......SNORE']

Renault Logan

Skoda Fabia

Maruti Omni

Will think of some more.....

Well yes i forgot Logan..

But Omni is pain for both so should not be included in this..

Good to see India coming of age & able to think much beyond just "commuting" & owning a 4wheeler! Market is maturing fast!

Many nouveau rich guys who have the bucks but not the brains find themselves sitting in the uncomfortable end of their supremely expensive cars!

But its diff. for an automobile enthusiast like me, I enjoy driving a Gypsy & would love driving an Amby!

nice topic quiet funny as well.....i dont understand the people who buy bmw/audi/merc and let the chauffeur drive it...cmon these are fast and mean machines and are very enjoyable to drive...

alright  few more

honda accord V6

mercedes M class

mercedes cls , sl

bmw X5

rang rovers

BMW M3 and M5

what good are an SUV or beemers when u can't bully others on small cars ??

Bolero is a complete no-no for a driving enthusiast. But for a passenger its not such a pain

Quite agree with you since I am driven on the Bolero most of the time. Its NVH levels are much archaic compared to our demands today.I like to take the wheel sometimes for a change.Back seat comfort is also not much at par with the new generation MUV/SUV's.

But believe me its a tough one and can cruise all day long at 80-90 kmph during long runs and feels solid for its occupants.

I would like to add the whole long list of the conventional vintage cars to sparshq's list. Like my 1955 Landmaster- its steering without any power and its turning circle and road manners remind me of the good old days when there was ample space on the roads for moving around, braking and maneuvering. Not now!

A bit off topic: A few months later the Nanos will get added to the list of preys for my mighty ol' Landmaster. And as the Maruti 800 joke went- A gentleman driving his 1947 Buick Super Eight in the 1980's commented,"Earlier I used to get flies stuck on my car radiator and now I find lost of Marutis there."