sparshq

Hyundai Accent ABS OWNERSHIP REPORT

Hello, this is the first time I am posting in the reader test team, so please do not mind minor faults in my views.

LOOKS

The accent has good looks and is regarded as a very handsome car. Although now it doesn't look fresh. The Accent has elegant, refined and very sophisticated looks.

The rear looks pretty good, even after being so old. The front had three types of grilles. One is the checkered grille, which is no more in production, one which was used in the viva, and one which is in production currently. The headlights and taillights are surprisingly ordinary. Overall , this gives a very sober looks to the accent.

INTERIOR AND COMFORT

As you step in to the accent, you know that you are sitting very low as ground clearance of accent is not too much. You are greeted by a beige interior with a faux wood central console, which certainly looks upmarket. The wood finish is superb and you will not fell that you are sitting in a Hyundai or a 5 lakh car. The front seats are comfortable and offer good space, but the thigh support is a bit less.

The leather wrapped gear knob feels upmarket and so do the smooth rotary AC vents. The steering is very nice to grip. There are plenty of cubbyholes and spaces to store your stuff. Even the glove-box is of good size. The rear legroom is not huge, but good enough for 6 footers. Although the seating position is low, the seats are very comfortable.

PERFORMANCE

I would like to clarify that the review is for 1.6 liter as I own that one and I know nothing about 1.5

The 1.6 DOHC 16 valve engine churns out 103 BHP and 14.4 KGM of torque. It is a greatly refined car although performance is not the greatest, but it is good.

The ride is soft and the suspension works pretty well, although it does not prevent you from crashing into huge potholes or speedbreakers. Handling is good as well. The steering is well weighted and very responsive, although not razor sharp.

SAFETY

The current model has only standard economy safety features. Airbags have never been part of Accent, nor Verna. ABS was there in outgoing models with EBD.

A.S.S

It is a Hyundai and my experience has been great.

Verdict

8 1/2 out of 10

Perfect family car, with a touch of fun.

good review

short but good for new buyers for accent(but i think there are none nowadays)!

personally i have a bad experience of accent

but with this the experience is improving!

Thank you archit

As my signature suggests, I have the GLS version of the 1.6 liter DOHC ABS variant.

I just lovem y car and I have no hassles with it at all. The plastics have not faded even after 5 years, that's how good the quality of the interior is.

well accent is one of my favourite cars...it still looks great even though its dated,right now accent @ 4.99 lakhs is a great deal...extra vfm,interiors are average could have been better,excellent ride...cant comment on handling and performance as have never driven it but have sat in my friends car,the bonnet is visible which is very rare amongst cars...good re-sale,refined engine !!!!

good reviewshort but good for new buyers for accent(but i think there are none nowadays)!personally i have a bad experience of accentbut with this the experience is improving!

Well Archit you are mistaken. The Accent sold 11000 units in 2008-09 and you say that no-one purchases Accent? smiley18.gif

Good alternative for people who find the Maruti Dzire un-dzire-able!

A couple of weeks back I sat in the Accent (and a Hyundai) for the first time - travelled around 350-400 odd kms and I found it to be comfortable, aircon was good and it's engine had abundant power (even tough it was a taxi). (Accent Viva crdi)
Kinshuk2009-05-22 08:45:10

Good review little bro Sparsh. Ya till date The Accent may be old fashioned but still its a very competent entry level midsize sedan and do you know sparsh the Accent was a midsize segment leader in 2001-2002 especially the 1.6 GLS (ABS) and its main competitors at that time were Ford Ikon 1.6 ZXi,Opel Corsa 1.6 GLS,Fiat Siena 1.6 ELX. The now discontinued 1.5 CRDi version of Accent was a scorcher and was probably a car that could give luxury sedans like Lancer Diesel run for money..Sparsh whats the fuel efficiency of Accent? Is it better than your dad's Swift Dzire VXi?

Both are good in their own aspects.

Swift Dzire is usually better in the City.

Accent rocks on the highway.

Accent's FE is 9-11 in the City and 13-14+ on the highway.

Accent CRDi was superb and my father was about to go for it, but it was out of stock.

Accent has a best in class aircon, and the first level chills more than the fourth level of the Dzire.

The level of equipment offered was superb!

Thanks bro... great fuel efficiency of your car.. Its way more than the 1.5 Alpha unit...Means how well maintenained you have kept your car. Please post pics of your Accent 1.6 GLS.. Apart from cars Did you give your class 10 this year? How much did you score  bro? Awaiting your reply.Take Care. swiftvxi062009-05-23 08:10:32