FuelRunGod

Toyota Fortuner coming September 2009

YAY [=D<]

That is very good news.

20 lakhs price seems the key to me and the fortuner looks cool.

FRG can you please post some pictures

This is sure to kill chevrolet captiva if it turns out to be brilliant.

I was keenly anticipating Fortuners launch for a long time but the mentioned price tag has dissapointed me.

Remember, Fortuner shares its platform with Innova,  the so called global IMV platform. How come such stark diff. in pricing then! I do not intend to become a scapegoat for Toyota!

Our homegrown Tata & Mahindra shall do well to fill in, I shall be evaluating both the Safari & Scorpio to pick one.

Edit: good pics. Nimesh, did you see the vehicle in flesh, how big does it appear?
speed2009-04-09 07:44:33

well only after its launched we will come to know if its really worth 20 lakhs....but at this price also people will buy it cause it has a diesel engine as against crv and outlander and toyota has a better snob value than chevy so it should completely outsell captiva !!!!

Finally its here but I agree with other members on the pricing front. Would have ideal if they priced it in the 10-15L range...Im sure there will be a lot of parts sharing between models...but the Japs are really hard to understand!!

Ref. to the pics, what are TKM guys trying to hide with all the masking tape...isnt is evident that its a Toyota!!!

Fortuner is not really a luxury product so I don't think 20 lacs is justified. Endevour like pricing around 16 lacs would have been good. But in India manufacturers like to learn their lessons the hard way - eg Skoda which killed an entire generation of skoda superb by pricing it wrongly at first. Now they have sorted things out and priced the new Superb where it should be.

Why is Toyota shying off to enter the main-stream car market. Fortuner will be a low volume niche product. Toyota has some excellent smaller cars which will be ideally suited for Indian volume market.

Toyota should not hesitate that its small cars being on the expensive side, may not sell in India. Honda has been making merry with its City despite charging exorbitant prices in India

well forum members let the fortuner get launched and only then we can analyse if its over-priced or not worth the money....looking at the kind of interiors which innova has fortuner sure is gonna be a vfm...even though innova is not vfm but that gets ignored fue to the levels of quality offered and then the advanced d4d engine which the fortuner will have.

toyota has lined up many models for india for 2009 and 2010...its been said that altis diesel is gonna be launched in the last quarter of 2009 or early 2010 and the proposed compeititor to the city also dis year or the next !!!!

@mehul_bhp: agree with you in totality on this. I presume the Prius will be pitted against the City? Its high time Honda got some serious competition; im very disappointed by the ANHC.

well i dont know the exact name of the car to be against city...well i am not that much dissapointed with the city cause well interiors are ok-ok and equipments are less but it has a gem of an engine and plus those exciting and killer looks !!!!

well i dont know the exact name of the car to be against city...well i am not that much disappointed with the city cause well interiors are ok-ok and equipments are less but it has a gem of an engine and plus those exciting and killer looks !!!!

Well I beg to differ. In my openion that's all it has got and nothing else. (engine and looks)

The engine is not a gem as the City engine is not very suitable for driving in city due to its poor low speed torque.

One should evaluate a car in totality and not on the basis of 1 or 2 factors or just a brand name. Even Rolls Royce also produced some awful models before BMW bought it. Honda sells in India more due to hype rather than the content.

Well, to some extent Honda does sell on hype in India, but largely its earned its reputation to avail the hype. Remember in India the products that have hype have quality & content also.

Honda's petrol engines are a jem, even Toyota cannot match their finesse.

Actually Toyota Fortuner's interiors are also similar to Innova, so its gonna be overpriced...But with 4X4 with diesel and auto-box, it should be hit...Seeing many manufacturers overpricing their cars especially in this segment, Toyota also decided not to be behind in terms of earning..

But 16lac is perfect for this car which shares lots of things with Innova..

It's high time Toyota expanded it's facility in Karnataka. That is the primary reason for delayed production & secondary reason for them not being situated in the hub of Automotive manufacturing of this country. Eg; neighboring CHennai's already got BMW,FORD,Hyundai, Hm, and so many other manufatcurers, plus the motor city in the outskirts of the city will be ready by 2012/14.

Toyota if it wants to really compete. they can in bring in products such as the Vios, which is similarly priced as the new City elsewhere, but offers more standard kit, & retains the traditional looks of fender , hood & windshield design unlike Honda's radical man maximum- machine minimum philosophy.

I for one would definitely buy a Vios if launched in India, not as an alternative to the city, but as a real good product.

It may not rev to 6800 rpm's and provide 118 horses (compensation for overall weight of new city), but what it does provide is quality, features & overall desirability of owning a chic city travelling car, w/o the "snob" or "rich" or "smug" tag Honda owners carry.