FuelRunGod

Toyota Fortuner coming September 2009

As for the Fortuner, its platfrom is based on 4wd small SUV's.. so products like the Prado which 4wd never became successful because of direct importing & the v6 petrol.

But... the fortuner will be localised as much as the innova & should hopefully atleast target the captiva buyer if not the Cr-V buyer. The fortuner is also styled along the landcruiser family range, so the indian buyer shud get the feeling of owning a 50 % landcruiser if not a real one!

Ya, I was waiting and really hopeful about Fortuner. But, it's really over-priced. It should be under 16lkh.... I think everybody is encashing the huge price hike of CRV. Hope this dollar-yen-rupee matter is solved before it's lunch, so that it's properly priced...

Well this is looking really good especially in BLACK,The rear looks superb but front isnt that exciting...

I hope its around 18l OTR...i think Toyota should learn something from their Altis itself to provide VFM product..

Good work again Nimesh..

BTW, do you spy all these cars or by somebody else???bluesapphire2009-04-16 05:51:18

BTW' date=' do you spy all these cars or by somebody else???[/quote']

Well, we are a team which works together. Others mail me the pics of their spottings and I post them here for you guys. I can only spot cars in the Delhi and NCR region.

Great team work Nimesh. Looking? great.... This SUV is going to rock.....definitely.... Captiva is going to have a difficult time...

I still think that Fortuner will not have a cabin as Captiva..

Captivas interiors are great and even their quality is great, fortuner's are based on Innova so might not be that attractive.. And Captiva's diesel plant is very refined so i hope that Toyota too will offer a refined engine and a Good ride quality unlike Endy.. ..

i would again like to say that we should stop speculating and wait for the launch of fortuner...once its launched we will come to know how good its interiors are,how good is the engine and how good is the ride.

btw bluesapphire innova has the best interiors in its class,so people at toyota should be giving best interiors in the fortuner as well !!!

i would again like to say that we should stop speculating and wait for the launch of fortuner...once its launched we will come to know how good its interiors are' date='how good is the engine and how good is the ride.btw bluesapphire innova has the best interiors in its class,so people at toyota should be giving best interiors in the fortuner as well !!!

[/quote'] Yup Innova has best interiors but Fortuner's shouldnt be like Innova otherwise it would not match competitiors..

I have seen some fortuners abroad and their interiors are almost like innova thats why am saying this..

See some images from Google below:

fortuner-interior.jpg

fortuner-2.jpg

Fortuner_Interior.jpg

See these images, even if some wooden trims are added, do you think that it will be able to match competitors if the interiors are almost same as pics..

Even Endy has better interiors than this so let alone CRv, Outlander and Captiva which have brilliant interiors..

btw bluesapphire innova has the best interiors in its class' date='so people at toyota should be giving best interiors in the fortuner as well !!!

[/quote']

I slightly disagree with you. Because Innova's rivals are Tata, Mahindra and Chevy, so Toyota is overall better brand than these. But with Fortuner, its rivals are honda, Mitsubishi, etc.., and they are equally good with Toyota.

But i'm not telling that Fortuner will have bad interiors as well. I will comment on this only after Fortuner's launch. In fact,i like its interiors. But i could see Innova's touch in it, after all they both are made by Toyota, so family resemblance is evident.

EDIT: though Fortuner has a Chevy competitor, Captiva is a new vehicle and Tavera is an decade old Isuzu vehicle named Panther.Crazy cat2009-04-17 18:02:27

Great team work Nimesh. Looking  great.... This SUV is going to rock.....definitely.... Captiva is going to have a difficult time...

I still think that Fortuner will not have a cabin as Captiva..

Captivas interiors are great and even their quality is great' date=' fortuner's are based on Innova so might not be that attractive.. And Captiva's diesel plant is very refined so i hope that Toyota too will offer a refined engine and a Good ride quality unlike Endy.. ..[/quote']

Fortuner may be based on Innova, but I am sure Toyota is intelligent and capable enough to have the necessary improvements. Unless why pay double, rather more than double of Innova?

Knowing it is based on Innova, I expect it to be a class soft-roader, if not a complete off-roader....

Another way, CRV and Civic share the same platform and we can see the difference....

Well may be to some they are good, but still to me they arent like in any 20lac car and they arent rich and luxurious..I love the plush interiors of Captiva and sporty interiors of Outlander...In this segment nothing comes close to Captiva's interiors..

But still i hope that Toyota gives good interiors ...

Overall this Suv is excellent, but pricing should be good...