sudeepd

Problem Faced by me with MRF Tyres.

I have faced Crack Problem on Front MRF Tyre of Bajaj Pulsar 180

DTS-i which was purchased on 13 Feb 2007. The bike has covered

11,265+kms. This Tyre is OEM.

Here are the pics. of Front Tyre of Pulsar.

p0604200906.jpg

p0604200905.jpg

p06042009083.jpg

p0604200907.jpg

Can you please tell me why the cracks have developed on the side walls of Front Tyre despite keeping recommended tyre pressure?

Which other Tyre can I fit other than MRF since this MRF Tyre did not give me Positive Report?

Also have a look at the Indigo XL DiCOR's MRF Tyre as below. It has develop Patches all around the Side Wall.

photo34jkr.jpg

photo35r.jpg

Why have the patches developed all around the Side Walls?

The other tyres are older than this Tyre then also it has developed patches and others have not.

We have Four Different Tyres viz. Bridgestone, JK, Goodyear, and MRF on Four Corners of our Indigo XL.smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif.

smiley36.gifAll are Tubeless.

Please tell me what to do in case of Tyre Cracks in Pulsar and Tyre Patches in Indigo XL.

Now I think of avoiding MRF due to this mishap.

Can you suggest me Other Brands for Pulsar in the size 2.75 X 17? Also if available I wish to go for Tubeless in the size mentioned above since I don't want to upgrade the size.

As for XL's Tyres, I would stick to OEM JK Tubeless but I wish the Speed Rating should be H or V in 175/65R14.

The top speed of our XL (190+kph) desperately asks for H or V rating.

sudeepd2009-04-08 14:46:03

The use of 4 different brands of tires on a car is not a recommended procedure, always the full set has to be changed. each tire has different caracteristics. I don't understand what is the need to use different tires, possibily the effects of above are visibile on your MRF. Please immediately change to a single brand set of tires.

The conditions at the time of purchase of a tyre forced me to buy different brands.

But I have decided now that my next replacement would be only with JK.

I dont understand why there patches on only MRF tyre which is the newest of the four. Other tyres (JK, Bridgestone, Goodyear) are older than MRF but still no patches on them.

Period.

What will you say about Pulsar's Front tyre?

Still no answer to my last post of 08 April 2009. 8 days have passed but still no answer.

Where are the MRF Fans (or the Tyres Experts for that matter) gone? Don't they have anything to tell on this?

PLEASE SPECIAL LICENSE HOLDERS ANSWER OUR QUERIES. WE ARE NOT AS INTELLIGENT AS YOU PEOPLE. smiley9.gifSO PLEASE GUIDE US ON OUR QUERIES.smiley1.gif

MRF Fanssmiley36.gif.. I dont think people prefer using MRF..

any way the reason of cracks  developing on your pulsar could be, use of tyre with incorrect pressure or it could be that your bike is purchased in feb 2007 but the tyres are from older batch and hence showing age.

Was the Bike lying unused for a while? Has the wheel ever been curbed accidentaly? The Pulsar's Tire isnt very expensive. Go for a new one. I think Michelin has some good tyres on offer for Bikes.

Also, About your car, For Gods sake, Change your entire set of tires. Having 4 different tires on four wheels in absolutely stupid!

The conditions at the time of purchase of a tyre forced me to buy different brands.But I have decided now that my next replacement would be only with JK.I dont understand why there patches on only MRF tyre which is the newest of the four. Other tyres (JK' date=' Bridgestone, Goodyear) are older than MRF but still no patches on them.Period.What will you say about Pulsar's Front tyre?

[/quote']

You read my post on the JK OE tires. Change to JK at your own risk. Why can't you check out Appollo Accelere brand, I am intending changing to them. they are slightly harder compound hence will give a range of atleast 45K Kms.

Need to check on the road noise though, the JK's are horrible when it comes to road noise.

Why can't you check out Appollo Accelere brand? 

they are slightly harder compound hence will give a range of atleast 45K Kms. Need to check on the road noise though' date=' the JK's are horrible when it comes to road noise.[/quote']

I agree that JK is horrible as for road noise.

Can anyone tell me more about Apollo means Ride Comfort, Road Noise, Handling, Life?

Was the Bike lying unused for a while?

No my bike has been lying at the most 7-8 days (consecutive 7-8 days). Other time 1-2 days sometimes.

How are michelins for Pulsar 180 (2.75 X 17)?

I don't want to go for broader than Company Specs.

How do you rate Michelins in terms of Ride Comfort' date=' Handling (Grip), Noise, Life?

Can I get Tubeless Michelins in 2.75 X 17?

I live in Solapur and there is no Authorised Dealer here. I will check local Tyre Shops for them.

EDIT:

Also, About your car, For Gods sake, Change your entire set of tires. Having 4 different tires on four wheels in absolutely stupid!
I know it is Stupidsmiley36.gif. But I mentioned above that the circumstances were like that and I had to buy them that way.

I will change them once they will worn out. But till then will use them as they are since I am getting nice life out of them.smiley1.gif Please dont take offense here.
sudeepd2009-04-18 15:11:03

I enquired about Pulsar tyre at Ceat Shoppe.

He said the Ceat Tyre of 2.75 X 17 comes with unconditional Guarantee of Replacement. Even if the tyre burts, it will be replaced under warranty as long as there is tread present.

The cost of Tubetype Tyre is 650/- without Tube (Only Tyre).

I will use the old tube of MRF with the new tyre since the old tube did not face even a single puncture in 11,480kms. Touchwood.

Enquired about Michelin, but the Dealer told he does not stock two wheelers tyres. On wednesday the Michelin sales person is coming to our city. He will enquire and tell me.

But I think Ceat is good choice.

The Ceat Dealer told MRF tyres are hard and hence the Front Tyre has developed cracks in my Pulsar.

I think I should give a try to Ceat.

I replaced the Front Tyre MRF 2.75 X 17 Zapper of Pulsar with Ceat 2.75 X 17 Zoom. Now the Ride Quality has much improved as against MRF. The MRF used to give me Hard Hits when ridden over Potholed Roads. But Ceat is Softer than MRF and absorbs the Bumps Efficiently. Touchwood.

MRF ZV2K fitted on Indigo XL is still being used as it is (with Patches on the Side wall as shown in last Two Pics of 1st Post).sudeepd2009-06-12 07:31:34