hrishikesh83

Octavai Diesel or Optra Magnum Diesel?

What is this "????????????????????????????????????"?

Please mention your requirements.

Just by posting Question Marks, how will one come to know what are your requirements?

magnum is quicker than octavia...magnum has got a 313Nm of torque as compared to octavias 212Nm..octavia's rear is not as much as spacious like magnum..moreover skoda is expensive to maintain..

for me...magnum is the one to go for

yup ..magnum is 118bhp whereas as skoda is just 90!!

Also,magnum has better figures than octavias elder sis Laura!!flASh2009-04-11 14:12:03

octavia                                           magnum

89@4000               bhp               121@3000

210@1900            torque            314@2125

175                      top wack           185

13.6sec                 0-100               10 sec

12                                 fe               12.8

??????????????????????????

Word economy I believe!

If you are not in a hurry and want to buy a diesel you can await the Toyota Corolla diesel that they intend to launch by December 2009. It will surely be a class leader.

??????????????????????????

Word economy I believe!

If you are not in a hurry and want to buy a diesel you can await the Toyota Corolla diesel that they intend to launch by December 2009. It will surely be a class leader.

And the Magnum replacement Cruz is also expected sometime around that?

Corolla diesel's launch would fall into 2010, Cruz would be cruising in this year itself.

Strictly between Octavia & Magnum, my choice is the Octavia for its brilliant driving dynamics & superb FE. But the margin of victory is very small!

I disagree (even if the whole A.S.S issue with Skoda is ignored).

The Skoda diesel isn't even a CRDI unit - when it comes to engine technology - its already a dinosaur.

My vote would go to the Optra diesel - did you test drive it ? Its fun to drive and has decent interiors.

I've test driven both Optra & Octavia, frankly both did not excite me. But when it comes to choosing one between them, Octy takes my vote because of its tank like built quality, looks which exude character, brilliant ride quality, good driving dynamics & being a superior drivers car.

Optra wins the 0-100 sprint, but that's about it, its looks do not appeal & doesn't carve out a niche for itself.

All the tech talk about CRDE, etc. sounds appealing but still Octys motor is more frugal & very tractable within City. Also, the dynamically sound chassis renders it to achieve higher speeds.