surajjjjj2399

Plz help me to fix a good audio system

Hi my name is suraj, i am 21 years old, i am new to this forum. My brother is getting me a Swift with in 4-5 days. i do not know anything about audio system. i am looking out for nice and high quality sound with lot of bass sound. i would like to put subwoofer and amp but i dont know which one to choose so plz let me know which Speakes, subwoofer and amp to use, with there exact model numbers. my budget is up to 40,000/-  so plz help me is this matter i would really be thankfull to u.

Great to kow that you are getting a Swift for yourself. 40,000 is a good budget  for a system in your car.

Do

you have any brands which you prefer/like? Do you need boot space in

your car? Do you like like tight bass or boomy bass? What kind of music

do you listen to normally?

Well Suraj, there are options for the headunits, get one with front AUX IN, USB & if you want with Bluetooth.

A good loaded headunit would cost you anywhere between 8-11k. Pioneer/JVC.Sony could be the options.

Then comes Speakers, you'll need 2 door speakers, 2 rear & a woofer/sub.

A 4- channel amp. from Alpine/Pioneer shall do the job.

If you want DVD player & LCD screen, it will cost you ~ 6-8k extra.

:) Okay, I know what kind of music, students like but still you should know what you want. If you don't you should find out. I strongly suggest that you go and visit a few car audio stores with your budget in mind and listen to a few systems and find out what you like. You will need a HU with USB, front component speakers, rear speakers, one or two amps and one or two subs. Find out the size of speakers which the swift takes, I think it is 6 1/2".

So for boot space, since you say you don't know about it, I take it you will fill it up with subs smiley4.gif.

EDIT : And when you go to the stores, take your favourite CD and play it on the different setups available. Remember play to the same track so that you find the difference in each setup.

5u3zEr02009-04-13 13:47:21

hi one of my friend has recommended me to go for 6.5" components speakers for front and rear doors and one 12" subwoofer with box and one 4 channel amp ( JBL GTO-504 ) for speakers and one mono subwoofer amp ( JBL GT5-A 3001 ) for subwoofer. is this a good suggestion ?

if so plz tell me which subwoofer and components speakers should i go for and how is perfomence of the amp which i have mentioned above. will all these work good with JVC KW-AXV800 DVD  

Your friend has suggested the right kind of equipment and if you like it's sound you can go ahead. The power of the JBL amps are good enough but you will have to finally decide whether it mates with your speakers and more importantly the sub.

For the HU, I don't know how good JVC's perform but there are better brands available and are you planning to install screens too, as you are talking about a DVD HU?

here is the set up plan i have thought.

HU =                      Pioneer AVH-P4150DVD

Front Speaker =  JBL GTO 608C component speakers  

Rear Speaker =  JBL GTO 608C  component speakers  

Amplifier =           JBL GT5 A604 ( 4 channel ) for Front and Rear component Speakers

Subwoofer =        JBL GT5 12 ( 2 numbers )

Amplifier =           JBL GTO 3501 ( mono ) for 2 subwoofers

Do u think is this a good set up ? smiley25.gif  plz let me know u r suggestions so that i can finalise the above mentioned products

Waiting for u r reply   smiley1.gif  

Logging in after a long time, hence the delay.

Why are you buying a DVD HU? Do you plan to add screens? You plan to use the mono block amp for 2 sub woofers, so hope you know what impedance the subs have to be to mate to the amp.

HU =                      JVC AVX-800DVD

Amplifier =           JBL GT5 A604 ( 4 channel ) for Front and Rear component Speakers

Subwoofer =        JBL GT5 S12 ( 2 numbers )

Why are you buying a DVD HU ? Do you plan to add screens ?  

I am buying DVD HU becz i would like to play DVD and movies. ya its a inbuilt screen. its a double din player.

You plan to use the mono block amp for 2 sub woofers, so hope you know what impedance the subs have to be to mate to the amp.

ya i am planing to use the mono to 2 sub woofers. No i dont know what impedance the subs have to be mate to the amp. plz let me know waiting for your reply

Well I dont like JBL 608c components . Too bright .

Buy Bull Audio components costing around 5.5k with bill . It sounds way better than those crappy jbl ones . Nice mid bass and good detailing for the speakers for that price range .

Woofers have many options . What type of bass u like ?? SQ or SPL ??

What type of bass u like ?? SQ or SPL ??
i do not know what is that SQ or SPL smiley18.gif 

i like to listen good bass music like 50cent- candy shop and in da club, get busy from sean paul. something like this

ok i will listen to the bull audio components and then let u know   

@trojon SQ & SPL are not types of bass they are used to define the system type

SQ=sound quality

SPL=sound pressure level.

@ suraj how much r u ready to spend on your system

how to edit your post on this forum  ?

your budget is 40k, i will suggest you the following

hu- kenwood 6539 10k

fronts - id / rainbow (if budget permits)/gz / illusion10k

rear -will not suggest if you n ur bro are the only one driving this car.

sub- id ctx / velocity / gz 7k

amp blau/ jbl/ kenwood.10k

wiring damping- 5k

total 42k this is mrp you will get some discount on it say about 5% .

i already have HU and i am looking out for SPL only.

one of my friend had suggested me this

HU =                      JVC AVX-800DVD

Subwoofer =        JBL GT5 S12 ( 2 numbers )

what do u say about this is this a good set up, will these give out some nice SPL

there is no need of component at the rear if you want rear speaker then fo for some coax .

personally i don't like jbl speaker the are on a brighter side (harsh)adding 2nd sub will not make it very loud. i will say first buy one and after words you think you require more bass then go for the second one.

i am buying 2 sub now becz my brother will not give me money afterwords if i repuire it so i thought i will buy 2 at a time

And one more thing ronit bhai i am surly looking out for SPL only so i request u to suggest me some good speakers and sub

@ Ronit , dude even i know that ;p , i asked two different questions . My fault , as i did not write it properly .

Well if u want SPL , then do try Ground Zero subs . Even Blau Velocity  SPL 15inch can go very low provided u power them with proper amplifiers. If u want i can get u a good deal on Blau Velocity SPL .

And regarding headunit , i wont recommend you JVC . If u can spend around 20k over a DVD player i would rather suggest you to buy Pioneer P80rs . SQ  of P80RS is way way ahead in comparison to JVC.

@ trojan: I have never heard of Bull audio? Are they new? I don't think he wants an all SPL sub, what he means is that he needs a LOUD system.

Surajjj: we have already suggested so many options, you should now decide what you want. If you have already bought the JVC hu, let me tell you that you shouldn't have, Pioneer / Kenwood are far better. And two subs does not necassarily mean that they will be louder than one sub!

@ trojan: I have never heard of Bull audio? Are they new? I don't think he wants an all SPL sub' date=' what he means is that he needs a LOUD system.

[/quote']

Yea these are new to many members , but they sound too good for the 6k price tag. These are manufactured by sister concern company of Rainbows , which are one of the best components speaker makers.I auditioned few of Rainbows , man they are too good . 

And the sub i suggested is a very good sub. Its an old manufactured sub , selling for cheap price due 2 clearance sale by one of my dealers. Sub is brand new and packed . Its 15inches 600rms .