nim12esh

ANHC ACCESSORIES PRICES

@ Sudeep' date='
Fog Lamps are optional as they are very expensive at 19k. Thank god Headlights are not expensive than fog lamps otherwise Honda would have kept headlamps optional lol smiley2.gif and fog lamps standard.
[/quote']
Yes Rajat, Thank God the Fog Lamps Are OPTIONAL But Headlamps STANDARDsmiley36.gif
Indigo XL Headlamp Costs around Rs. 4000/- Each and Fog Lamp Costs Just Rs.885/- (Dont know this is Pair Price or Individual Fog Lamp Price. Will check out the Bill and post back.)
AND XL HAS DOUBLE BARREL HEADLAMPS (In fact now all Indigos come with Double Barrel Headlamps but the XL has CLASSY Amber Glass for Indicators) UNLIKE AHNC WHICH HAS SINGLE BULB. smiley18.gifsmiley7.gif   

dont even compare ANHC and a tata indigo ! one is a premium sedan whereas the other is a taxi smiley7.gif.

@sudeepd
Don't take the spellings in this list seriously. Look at the spelling of:
(17 and 18) protectar
(19) intirer
(41) fillm

@coolboy007
Linea alloys cost 10.5 K for a set of 4.

I was told by the Tata/Fiat dealer that single alloy costs Rs. 10.5 K.  Can you please re-confirm the price that you have provided?

Thanks!

Bump.  Any luck with this?

Thanks a lot!

Hello Nimesh.  Were you able to re-confirm?

Thanks!

Sorry, I was not able to confirm. Well, you can call up any FIAT dealership for the prices or mail at mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com . He is the Prouct Manager of FIAT. Hope it will help. Also I will try to confirm the same when I will visit the Dealership again for the RC of my Linea.

Zoomy

Even Mercedes sedan and used as Taxi everywhere in the world including Indiasmiley19.gif, Honda are not economicals therefore they are not used as Taxis.

Think twice before yous say.

By the way you must have got your ANHC. post some good pictures

Zoomy, can you post a picture of Indigo XL used as Taxi in India ?smiley36.gif

Please do post. I am waiting.

Even Skodas are used as Taxis in US or UK.

Even Roll Royce cars are used by 5-

Star hotel Owners for picking and dropping their customers(I read in ACI Last Year).

@ sudeep : indicas/indigos are mostly used as taxis. thought you were aware of this fact. indigo xl smiley36.gif ... do you know the sales figure ? ANHC sells 4000+ units per month. does the indigo xl (your "premium" sedan) sell even 40 ?smiley36.gif.

would'nt be surprised if tata closes the door on xl.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU OPT FOR FEATURES RATHER THAN THE CAR. LINEA OWNERS TAKE NOTE !

@cartoos : yes , hondas are not used as taxi. wondered why ? because they have expertise in only petrol engines. they have'nt yet gone into the diesel territory. nobody's even "close" to them when it comes to petrol engines in india. tatas and fiats years behind if not decacdes. BTW , no one would like to run a petrol taxi when diesel options are around ? correct me if m wrong.

nobody's even "close" to Honda when it comes to petrol engines in india. tatas and fiats years behind if not decacdes. BTW ' date=' no one would like to run a petrol taxi when diesel options are around ? correct me if m wrong.

[/quote']

BTW, how many FIAT petrols have you driven? I guess you have not driven the Palio Stile Sport. Is it a crap car? Later, FIAT will definitely launch the Linea T-Jet variant and I would definitely be searching for your reply on your test drive of the same. Since you say FIAT petrols are years behind the Honda's, have a comparison.

FIAT LINEA T-JET

Displacement 1368 cc

Power 118 hp @ 5000 rpm

Torque 206 Nm @1750 rpm

0-100 km/h 9.2 s

HONDA CITY I-VTEC

Displacement 1497 cc

Power 116 hp @ 6600 rpm

Torque 146 Nm @ 4600 rpm

0-100 km/h 10.2 s

nobody's even "close" to Honda when it comes to petrol engines in india. tatas and fiats years behind if not decacdes. BTW ' date=' no one would like to run a petrol taxi when diesel options are around ? correct me if m wrong.

[/quote']
BTW, how many FIAT petrols have you driven? I guess you have not driven the Palio Stile Sport. Is it a crap car? Later, FIAT will definitely launch the Linea T-Jet variant and I would definitely be searching for your reply on your test drive of the same. Since you say FIAT petrols are years behind the Honda's, have a comparison.

FIAT LINEA T-JET
Displacement 1368 cc
Power 118 hp @ 5000 rpm
Torque 206 Nm @1750 rpm
0-100 km/h 9.2 s

HONDA CITY I-VTEC

Displacement 1497 cc
Power 116 hp @ 6600 rpm
Torque 146 Nm @ 4600 rpm
0-100 km/h 10.2 s

buddy let it be launched first . then we will make the comparisons too !

guess u may have heard it - dont count your chicken before they are hatched.

can assure you fiat petrols cant even come close ... forget competing !

be it the battle of ANHC vs Linea. or the jazz vs the GP.

zoomy buddy' date='u got ur HC?[/quote']

yup buddy smiley1.gif. got it 2 days back. am barely able to control my right feet man. just cant wait for the 1st service and open her up.

did'nt post my car's arrival on the forum as anti-ANHC chants and slogans are on the rise on the forum smiley36.gif.

Zoomy,

You started this fight all over again? Am surprised dude. Just go back to old threads and read those peppy messages, here also another round of Linea owners vs you will begin,

Anyways the TJET is a powerful engine and you cant throw it out saying Fiat Petrols wont even come close because you own a ANHC. If i again start questioning on Build quality and VFM this thread will also stretch away smiley2.gif

And believe me there is no ANTI-ANHC but only you were slapping Linea like it was a Fiat Padmini, what are Linea owners supposed to do then they will start questioning weal links of ANHC.coolboy0072009-04-25 19:16:33

@ sudeep : indicas/indigos are mostly used as taxis. thought you were aware of this fact. indigo xl smiley36.gif ... do you know the sales figure ? ANHC sells 4000+ units per month. does the indigo xl (your "premium" sedan) sell even 40 ?smiley36.gif.

would'nt be surprised if tata closes the door on xl.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU OPT FOR FEATURES RATHER THAN THE CAR. LINEA OWNERS TAKE NOTE !

sorry to burst your bubble buddy , it is only in india where we swear by honda , around the world its toyota all the way !

i have to ask all ANHC lovers , what is so great about it , it is an 10 lakhs rupees plastic crap , if u think i hate honda , i was driving an 2003 vtec till about 7 months ago and just loved it . The present model looked smart at the time of the launch but after the TD it was all plastic ! a customer will not spend close to a million rupee just on the engine . sure the car has attracted many but some old honda loyalist i know have not shown keen interest in the ANHC , anyone who car spend 10 lakhs and can afford to spend more would go for the civic or corolla . ANHC sells just because there was no alternative in the same price bracet , but linea has changed all that now and will surely eat into honda's sale if fiat can clean its image situation will change future if toyota launched Toyota Yaris Sedan .

@ sudeep : indicas/indigos are mostly used as taxis. thought you were aware of this fact.

I am aware of this fact that Indicas/Indigos are used as Taxis. And this is because of Low Running Costs and LOW MAINTENANCE COSTS (READ LOW SPARE PARTS COST). Not AHNC which REQUIRES LARGE BANK BALANCE TO RUN AND MAINTAIN FOR HUGE ODOMETER READINGS.

do you know the sales figure ? ANHC sells 4000+ units per month. does the indigo xl (your "premium" sedan) sell even 40 ?

Good to know that I OWN AN UNIQUE MODEL.smiley17.gif

Oh Really. Atleast TATAS are not GREEDY UNLIKE HONDA AND INCREASE THEIR PRICES OF CARS AND NOT EVEN PROVIDING ALLOYS WHEELS' date=' AUTOMATIC CLIMATE CONTROL, FOG LAMPS AS STANDARD ON 9+LAKHS CAR.

Even the Fiat Palio and Tata Indigo CS come with Double Barrel Headlamps.

But the Car (AHNC) costing Double of these (Palio and Indigo CS) comes with Only Single Barrel Headlight.

hondas are not used as taxi. wondered why ? because they have expertise in only petrol engines. they have'nt yet gone into the diesel territory. nobody's even "close" to them when it comes to petrol engines in india.

But Honda cannot come close to Other Manufacturers in Diesel Engines in India Since Honda is NOT CONFIDENT about their Diesel Engines to run on Diesel Quality in India.smiley36.gif

Toyota (I took Toyota's Example since it has a Diesel car within 10lakhs Bracket) launched its Qualis and Innova is available in Diesel Version in India since they are Confident about their Technology (Engine) to run on Indian Diesel. Now even Corolla Altis is also going to get Diesel Engine this year. Honda cannot Tune their Diesel Engines to match Indian Diesel Quality.smiley21.gif

And you Praise Honda's Techonology.

BTW ' date=' no one would like to run a petrol taxi when diesel options are around ? correct me if m wrong.[/quote']

Who would buy a 9+lakhs car which is barely equipped apart from ABS and Airbags and use it as a Taxi given the fact that the Spares and Accidental Parts Cost a Bomb?

Taxis run a lot of kms everyday and that too at Illegal Speeds causing more damage to Mechanical Parts. They use Low Cost Fuel, Cheap Non-Genuine Spares to keep their costs down. If an accident occurs to a Honda Car, one needs King's Ransom to Replace the Body and Mechanical Parts.

If I get AHNC S M/T at SX4 ZXi Price and the Spare Parts Priced Down to Earth, I will myself run a Taxi Fleet of AHNC all over India and that too at a Fare rivalling the current Black-Yellow Taxis (Read Indicas/Indigos).

sudeepd2009-04-26 06:40:09

@sudeepd

Don't take the spellings in this list seriously. Look at the spelling of:

(17 and 18) protectar

(19) intirer

(41) fillm

@coolboy007

Linea alloys cost 10.5 K for a set of 4.

I was told by the Tata/Fiat dealer that single alloy costs Rs. 10.5 K.  Can you please re-confirm the price that you have provided?

Thanks!

Bump.  Any luck with this?

Thanks a lot!

Hello Nimesh.  Were you able to re-confirm?

Thanks!

dude fiat t-jet will be turbo-charged and honda i-vtecv is a naturally aspirated engine....obviously a naturally aspirated engine is better than a turbo charged one...if i-vtec is turbo charged than its output is gonna be 150 bhp !!!

fiat's engine tech is no where near honda,toyota...their engines have variable timing of valves which fiat lacks and hence they have better tech.

we know that you are a hige fan of fiat but facts are facts....by mere turbo-charging an engine doesnt becomes modern...i hope u will understand it !!!

LOL Zoomy!!

You think your honda city is a winner????

Well, not, as said by Sarabjeet, it is cheap plastic workth 50,000 and an i-vtec engine and honda badge have made it for 10 lakhs. I don't think the city is selling as well as any toyota car.

In India , Honda is a so called winner and in the world, Honda takes hard spankings from Toyota, god of the Cars.

Toyota is doing marginally better in India as well. Corolla always sells better than the CIvic. Let Yaris come and see how Jazz goes home crying. Let the Yaris Sedan come and see how City goes away. Camry doesn't do as well as Accord because Accord is so called 'Bang for Buck' car. Actually it is in the sonata segment but honda have put the D segment tag on it and now it is called VFM. Linea is a MUCH MUCH better car than the City and it isn't a box of cheap plastic and lightweight metal. Tata and Mahindra have much more low maintainence than the city, whose maintainence costs are like Mercedes.

HONDA AND CITY SUCK!!!

LINEA, TOYOTA AND THE INDIAN COMPANIES ROCK!!!

@sparshq

Completely agree with you. Honda is all design and engine nothing else. We have companies who know how to balance everything like toyota and hyundai. They know how to offer everything still keep it VFM and have great engines. Would have included indian companies also in the list but they are not yet upto the mark.

Not only Toyota we have better engine coming from fiat and also the Europeans(read Volkswagen) coming. Let them come and then lets see where Honda stands when there are companies in its midst which have good brand value as well. There is new fiesta as well as refreshed SX4 when its diesel comes and then we will see where City stands. Its an all out attack on a market dominated by Honda. Lets see where honda comes out after this attack.rahul18102009-04-26 12:33:44

It is clear that honda is showing off the best it has. But if other companies like Toyota, VW and Skoda were to show their lineup, honda would not stand a chance. The war means death for honda.

LOL Zoomy!!

You think your honda city is a winner????

Well' date=' not, as said by Sarabjeet, it is cheap plastic workth 50,000 and an i-vtec engine and honda badge have made it for 10 lakhs. I don't think the city is selling as well as any toyota car.

In India , Honda is a so called winner and in the world, Honda takes hard spankings from Toyota, god of the Cars.

Toyota is doing marginally better in India as well. Corolla always sells better than the CIvic. Let Yaris come and see how Jazz goes home crying. Let the Yaris Sedan come and see how City goes away. Camry doesn't do as well as Accord because Accord is so called 'Bang for Buck' car. Actually it is in the sonata segment but honda have put the D segment tag on it and now it is called VFM. Linea is a MUCH MUCH better car than the City and it isn't a box of cheap plastic and lightweight metal. Tata and Mahindra have much more low maintainence than the city, whose maintainence costs are like Mercedes.

HONDA AND CITY SUCK!!!

LINEA, TOYOTA AND THE INDIAN COMPANIES ROCK!!![/quote']

1st of all its better you limit your Honda bashing. Now how on earth can you say Honda maintenance is like Merc? common man have you ever owned a Honda??  Lets get this plain and straight - No doubt city is not a clear winner in C + segment - But Fiat cant dream of the A.S.S that Honda offers.  Well we all know City will face stiff competition from Yaris sedan, Polo sedan etc. But as of now City sells and will sell until this cars come with better features and better price tag.  I own a Fiat petra and a ANHC. I can frankly say Honda 's ride and handling cant match a Fiat's or any European maker . Lets just keep the bashing to limited. To each its own! Cheers.

@karan

The comments were made in reply to zoomy's comments regarding linea. City is no doubt a wonderful car but is wrongly priced and the least VFM in the segment. The bashing was never about the A.S.S but about pricing which doesnt seem worth it.

Tata and Mahindra have much more low maintainence than the city' date=' whose maintainence costs are like Mercedes.

HONDA AND CITY SUCK!!! .[/quote']

city's maintenance like a mercedes ?smiley36.gif . do you know what are you talking about ?

It is clear that honda is showing off the best it has. But if other companies like Toyota' date=' VW and Skoda were to show their lineup, honda would not stand a chance. The war means death for honda.[/quote']

FYI , the corollas and the octavias were selling well until civic came in the picture which caused the sales of the other two to go down drastically. ultil the altis was launched.

so which car do you expect in VW challenge to rival the hondas in india ? even with a high localization , they wont be able to price it cheaper than the hondas.

take the case of jetta. a 1.6 L / 102 bhp car on sale in delhi for 14.5 L !smiley7.gif.

the civic clearly beats it. forget the civic , the ANHC with a power output of 118 bhp is far ahead being 5.5L cheaper !

and do not go by international sales figures. maybe you are aware that Grand Punto is the largest selling hatchback in europe , but do you think it will replicate the success ? i shudder to think GP's fate in india !

FYI ' date=' the corollas and the octavias were selling well until civic came in the picture which caused the sales of the other two to go down drastically. ultil the altis was launched.

so which car do you expect in VW challenge to rival the hondas in india ? even with a high localization , they wont be able to price it cheaper than the hondas.

[/quote']

cheaper than honda ?? the yaris will have all parts needed , it borrows parts from the corolla , hence increasing the production of parts , and by applying economies of scale u have the outcome of cheap parts .

As refered to VW , it stand of status and style , they will also used parts from fabia in future model and hence will bring down the cost of production .

toyota has already done it and hit honda below the belt with the pricing of altis and recently stipped version of altis.

As for VW they have the build quality , and people wouldn't mind spending that extra to ride something that has some leather than plastic

take the case of jetta. a 1.6 L / 102 bhp car on sale in delhi for 14.5 L !smiley7.gif.

the civic clearly beats it. forget the civic ' date=' the ANHC with a power output of 118 bhp is far ahead being 5.5L cheaper !

[/quote']

U are comparing germans to japs , the jetta is more solid build than civis on any day , jetta is a new entry and yet is going throw the process of localisation , remember the cost of honda city way back in 1999 ???

take a look at laura , its price has dropped to 12.5 (saw that day on newspaper ad) . We will be seeing more laura's rolling of because it will have the diesel advantage .

and do not go by international sales figures. maybe you are aware that Grand Punto is the largest selling hatchback in europe ' date=' but do you think it will replicate the success ? i shudder to think GP's fate in india !
[/quote']

correction its VW polo and right now ford fiesta !! GP will be an premium hatch , its a gamble really , fiat first has to improve its brand name before competing with honda