cooldubai

Student's Car? i20 or Swift

Dear Fellow Members...

I am a Student in Pune and recently I decided to buy a Car... I have many friends who drive swift... so had decided to buy swift, but when i20 came i came in a dilemma, both the cars are good in their own way... swift is small and compact... other hand i20 is huge and comfortable. So i just wanted to ask as many experts are here... tht i m a Student and as a student which car sould i buy... for me audio system is compulsory, and usually i wud b having long drives... lets say in 200 Kms weekly on an average... so i wud be looking for the most economical out of the two... in mantainance, milage, power, looks,.... i dono tht much abt cars but i have heard from my friends that swift's mileage gets worsen year by year... well its true in all cars but swift is worst in mileage?? have i heard the truth or not?? about i20 i have heard that its not a powerful car as its a i10 engine just with bigger body?? 

So i need some guidance as its my first car...

Man regarding ur requirements the Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi(Diesel) fulfils ur criterias. its mantainance, mileage is esier on the pocket compared to Hyundai i20. plus Maruti swift is a proven car and i20 is a new entrant. time will tell whether it is sucessful or not. since u will drive 200 Kms weekly on an average then go for the Swift VDi. its got a great driveability and no turbo lag. its so refined,that it makes you feel that u r driving a Swift petrol.Fuel efficiency is top notch 14.4km/pl(city);19.1km/pl(highway) with A/c on.Its a great diesel hatchback with the famed DDiS unit which does duty in DZire and is a rebadged Fiat 1.3 Multijet engine which does duty in palio, linea and as Quadrajet in Tata Indica Vista. swiftvxi062009-04-13 05:12:00

since you are a student then u wont be in a need of a spacious car and besides swift's front seats have lot of space and are quiet comfortabe...go for the swift and save money for all those parties !!!!

i20 is a "big" small car. interior space is comparable to a sedan whereas the swift is real cramped in the rear. i20 is offering your more features like the automatic climate control and lots of other features but obviously at a price.

the swift definitely scores on the looks. on the maintenance front , both should'nt bother you.  so if u are not really concerned about the rear space , u can safely put your money on a swift ! 

I dont see the reason to go for VDi. Running of 800 km a month doesnt suffice a need for diesel. I would suggest save the extra bucks for your college than spend them on a diesel. Moreover you can get a ZXi instead of VDi in close range

Look we dont want to confuse your mind.. within your budget you can get  both diesel hatchback and sedan! so its upto you to decide which car suits your requirement .. a sedan or a hatchback. naturally a sedan is more value for money if u get a fully loaded car like Ford ikon TDCi for hatchback money. it offers more space and the added bonus is the huge 400 litre boot. plus Ford has reduced cost of maintenance and spare parts by 30% making the Ikon TDCi easier on the pocket to own.As spearhead said u can go for the new Ford Ikon tdci duratorq. its a fabulous vfm sedan with a brilliant engine, sporty suspension, superb ride and handling. i have booked the Ford ikon tdci suggested to me by members in this forum.. its like josh re-invented for life....