CYRUS43

GUESS THE CAR THREAD......

This is the Standard herald......originally a triumph model...spitfire i think.

Yes i_see very right you are, its the Triumph Herald, not Spitfire (in this picture)and was also the poor man's sports car in the UK. It was branded as the Standard Herald in India .It was the first, mass produced two-door sedan in India. Later on, by 1967, the company introduced the 4 door version as two doors were inconvenient in our country where the back seats are mostly occupied and ingress and egress pose problems.

179149278_3324deafc0.jpgv=0F.decorate(_ge('photo_notes'), F._photo_notes).notes_go_go_go(179149278, 'http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/179149278_3324deafc0_t.jpg', '3.1444');< id="fave_" method="post" style="visibility: ;">< name="magic_" value="d780368c5abba93eac7a9fbe5874b2b2" ="">< name="faveadd" value="0" ="">< name="faveremove" value="0" ="">>

Taken in

a place with no name

(See more photos here)

Identify this car make and model- Make is very very easy - clues all over on the body of the car!!!!!

Still awaiting the full answer to the Quiz question on car identity (picture posted on the previous page). Its not that difficult. We have already got the company name Chevrolet. Now the model name is awaited.

bugattiroyale640mi5.jpg

loading.gif

Please identify this car. Its from the early 1930's. Its launch coincided with the Great Depression of 1929 which went on till the 1930's.

Hint: Its the greatest, best and costliest car ever built. Only six were ever built. all are known to be surviving with car collectors. If one ever surfaces at any auction, it can fetch US $ 15 million or more today.

anjan_c20072008-03-21 14:32:39

this is the BENTLEY MAYFAIR 8-Liter!!!

Bentley stopped production of this one due to the Great Recession. I also think Chief Financier put down his papers after this due to the losses....

Yes Abhi again you're right as ever -its the Bugatti Type 41 Royale. It had a 15000cc/300 bhp engine.Six were made and three were sold. Three remained with Ettore Bugatti's family.Ettore was born in Milan, Italy in 1881, but built his car factory in Germany till WW I and later this territory went to France where his cars were made. Bugatti was more well known for the sports cars made by the company.