manishk123

Import Classic car to India?

there are many , but be aware of the frauds , u could land up in custom duty trouble .

i think autohanger does import cars on order but don't know if they do import classic cars . try to find out import dealer

Choksey is the one guy in bandra , but again be carefull all of them are fraud !

i think u can go to UK and u have to register the car in your passport , get an NOC from the local police in UK and get an proper statement of money sent in POUNDS , u have to go to the UK port and arrange for an container and take an insurance for the voyuge . when it reaches india u better get an agent as if u try to clear the car your self it would be stuck in the port for months .

ps : the import duty will be 120% (second hand) and because it is an classic car they might charge extra duty . when the car arrives in india a test will be done by the RTO to check if its road worthy and the pollution level .

sarabjeet2009-04-13 11:40:43

i think his brother or son is handling the business , they might get the job done .

if u read the times drive at friday on the classified section there are numbers of dealers , in the imported car section most of the men are car dealers

u can visit his showroom in bandra i don't have his number , his showroom comes at khar road , just after linking road , i think it is near citi bank , but am not sure , it is quite popular around there ask any one for imported car showroom they will guide u