Kinshuk

Altis Executive Launched

Just got a call from Toyota dealer informing of the introduction of 'Civic Killer' Altis Executive at 9.75L Ex-showroom Lucknow.

Has everything which the Civic has!
Kinshuk2009-04-15 12:48:34

That's called killer pricing. I hope they haven't stripped the car clean. It should have the ABS, all round disc's, dual airbag's, other feature's are forego-able and can be added aftermarket. ABS is a must. Durango Dude2009-04-15 13:01:11

To hell with resale.

do you have an option otherwise ? who the hell in his right state of mind buys an elantra ? you must have been mesmerised by  the "features" rather than the car . or did the hyundai guys coax u into the purchase of this "d" segment car ?

its got no image no style and the company shut the elantra shop.

when buying a car , you have to judge the car in "totality" and not by the feature list as written by you. same thing goes for the people who are buying their linea. your hard earned money has to fetch you the best ! 

Well between this i would prefer civic E actually but in rest variants its Altis for me...

Because in any variant if Civic has all what Altis has than its definately Civic for me otherwise its altis ..

Even when Corolla base was launched it didnt looked good without alloys and other things..

And now only i went through the specs and it shows that Altis J will have black grille instead of chrome, just imagine how weird it would look..bluesapphire2009-04-15 15:14:45

This is primarily aimed at those who buy top end City or Civic E or luxury Taxi market.

IMO this will be a better option to the Civic E - simply because its a newer product.
Kinshuk2009-04-15 15:25:24

Actually i find the G variant to be the best VFM' date=' it has all features of Civic V except leather seats and is cheaper by Rs. 1.6 lacs(in our city).[/quote']

Yes G variant is the best VFM and GL is the fully loaded variant except for Auto Box, Cruise control and perhaps one more feature.

Civic cant match it for VFM, features and comfort.

@machine: I made a decision after doing a TD and a long one at that. I found it not wanting in any dept. and wasn't about to shell out another 3-4 lakh's extra for a similarily specced Toyota Corolla. It's the rigid 'state of mind' of guy's like you that make's other's charge horrendous premium for nothing. Agreed it didn't sell well, but it's one helluva car and have had it for almost four year's and service is great. Image is a 'mental' thing, it's only for guy's without substance who want to make a statement.

@machine: I made a decision after doing a TD and a long one at that. I found it not wanting in any dept. and wasn't about to shell out another 3-4 lakh's extra for a similarily specced Toyota Corolla. It's the rigid 'state of mind' of guy's like you that make's other's charge horrendous premium for nothing. Agreed it didn't sell well' date=' but it's one helluva car and have had it for almost four year's and service is great. Image is a 'mental' thing, it's only for guy's without substance who want to make a statement.[/quote']

so u are the guy with substance moving in the town with your elantra ? it is the most pathetic car i've seen on roads ... nowonder it did'nt find any takers and hyundai had to stop production.

and btw image is "more than a mental thing". and if you said you did not regret buying the elantra , you'd be lying ... not to me but to yourself ! so be honest to yourself atleast !

Lets get back to the topic guys. No Mud Slinging here.

And Personally, I agree with DD. The Elantra is a brilliant car. It looked quite nice and Performed well. Unluckily, it was launched on the wrong time when the Indian Markets just wasnt ready for it.

The Elantra is a brilliant car. It looked quite nice and Performed well. Unluckily' date=' it was launched on the wrong time when the Indian Markets just wasnt ready for it. [/quote']

hyundai has never tasted success with high end cars compared vis a vis the competition. be it the elantra/sonata/tuscon/terracan. it enjoys a good market share in the b segment and a decent one in the c .

why did you say that it was launched at the wrong time ? if the optras and the corollas were well received in the market so could have the elantra !

I agree that the Elantra wasnt well recieved. Neither was the Mondeo or the Vectra. Were they bad products too??

As i have already mentioned, Please Get back to the Topic!!
CYRUS432009-04-15 22:13:13

Well Elantra was excellent product but due to Hyundai's small car image and understated looks it failed, even Mitsubishi Cedia failed due to same reason..

And elantra was launched at wrong time as the D segment was over crowded nobody was willing to have any new D segment cars, there were many Octy's and corolla's already running at that time but this segment again saw good response only after Civic's launch, Elantra wasnt a product like Civic so it could not contribute much to this segment but if it would have launched before or at time with Corolla at VFM tag, it was gonna hit for sure..

Anyways, its gone now and thus we should be back to topic..

@Karan, it will be good if S version will be back with some addition and at price slightly higher than E variant as Civic's sales are decreasing day by day after the launch of E variant and Altis..

BTW, Karan, am waiting for your City's pics and review..bluesapphire2009-04-16 04:39:07

all the main features which were attractive in the altis G over the civic has been removed in the J model..

6 cd changer

Airbag

Steering mounted audio control

Alloy

Electronic anti galre mirror

J gets an ugly looking steering

& non Optitron odo instrument

Non sliding arm rest

no remote locking

And chrome has been removed from everywhere like (Front grill, boot above the number plate, side door )

J model is useless G is still better VFM compared to civic