luukie

Repairing my Accent

The sensor is a temp sensors, there are two i guess, one at the radiator and one at the AC vent. The temprature thermostat is controlled by the sensor in turn controls the start stop of the compressor thru the ECU.

If you find vibrations without AC when you pick up from idle then you need to examine the clutch plates.

The replaced sensor is T.P sensor Rs 1750.

Now the vehicle is smooth.

Which replacement headlight bulb should I use as the beam throw of the existing bulb is inadequate. I am considering only 60/55 bulbs. Philips claims 20-50m longer throw on extreme  light model (60/55). Or are there any other advisable brands/models.

Ok if your headlamp beams are clean, i.e. the seals intact, the relectors and the glass should be clean and shiny, if the sealing is not good in the rains they will cause moisture to seep in examine the rubber shoes which sit on the lamp terminals behind and the heat diffuser ducts, they should not be choked, they are small tubular openings at the back or can be gill type, then you can go for RALLY 100/110 with cut outs.

Huh... more tears!!!!smiley19.gif...

The speedo stopped working. The Rpm, fuel, heat meters work.

When trying to fix it(the repair dint workout as well), the instrument cluster gauge face tore.  If at all the repair works out, will I get a gauge face separate from anywhere??

I checked with the local market here but no avail to this.

Please file a complaint in a Consumer Forum against the Dealer who sold you a Scrap Car.

I don't mean Accent is Scrap but the model which he sold you is scrap.

Any helping hands????

Where do I look for these parts (used or non oem)?

Instrument cluster assembly from showroom is a whopping app: 7k .

Delhi and Bangalore are accessible city for me though I am in kerala.

You will need to look around in local garages and scrap dealers for an accent that's been totaled and get what you need from that. Ask (or pester) the guy who was repairing your meter.

The meter itself should be repairable.

I think you go for aftermarket speedometer but thy won't fit like the stantard but are reliable enough try pricol (which is std in many cars as OEM) it can come at 3-4k.

As anijog said, the replaced sensor for that vibration when switching on the a/c was a temperature sensor.

And after the replacement, now there is no evident vibration.

But I thought this sensor is something to do with drawing power from the engine when the a/c is on.

But there is no increase in the rpm(this is what i thought) even if the ac is on(sgiitk mentioned this rightly earlier).

So now what does this temperature sensor actually do?

guys i am really sorry, the replaced sensor was t.p sensor.

I thuoght t.p stands for temperature sensor, but now when i googled I got a different result; Throttle position sensor!!!!!

Huh.. an update.. The vibration at first gear has popped up evidently now. So this time I gave the car to hyundai. They identified all the three engine mounts have cracked and needs immediate replacement. Quoted 6k.

I have bought this car anyways, so gona resurrect her whatsoever. 

Hi all,

I am in a real jeopardy now. When I showed the car to the hyundai Ass last day, they advised me to conduct a complete engine overhaul(94k done). And also when I pointed out that when fully loaded the car easily bottoms out unusually, they say the strut and suspension too needs overhaul. I know its common in accent to scrape bottom; but here when fully loaded, apart from the belly, the rear and front bumper kisses the road at patchy surfaces. So I move dead slow.

The engine and suspension overhaul was quoted at a 40k approximately.

Now my question is; Is it worth spending this much?

And even if I do those overhauls, can I make sure that everything could be close to fine condition? Or something else may stop working tommorow?

I plan to keep the vehicle for 2-3 years. What do you say forum.....

I would go for the suspension job' date=' and hold on the engine job.Get the mounts changed.

[/quote']

I too feel thats a good idea. I spoke to a person in a

garage, he too recommended this. So gona leave it for the suspension job today.

@sgiitk sir, Could de-carb do any good at this stage? The power is comparatively less(but can surely live with it).

The tyres now are 185/65r13 and is due for a change. I have two options in my mind.

1)175/70r13, the stock size as it gives the car a slightly higher height (I am more inclined to this option)

2)185/70r13, solely for height. will this harm the suspension set up. 

Could you post a pic of the car's stance on a flat road surface, need to examine that and also pics of your car tires to consider the impact of the suspension on the tires.

@anijog, couldnt post anything as I was out of the town for some days.

Did the de-carb meanwhile, but dint find any change at all. I thought I would be able to feel some (atleast)iota of a change.

Changed the engine mount.

While at the A.S.S, I asked 'em to inspect the suspension too.

And they found all the struts except one at the front left to be leaking.

They advised me to change all the four at a time instead of three, as it could invite weight imbalance. app 13k. But dint do it yet.

Hi, I was unable to login to autocarindia for a few days. Then I changed my default search engine and it worked.

I switched my A.S.S. to another one here as I was'nt happy with them.

Now the vehicle is with them for the suspension job.

Hey, as u may know, my drive shaft problem was fixed by changing the axle boot. But now again it has poped up. So, this time I think I its wise to go for the axle change. (At ass  its some 18k and outside its 3.5k!!!).

I just wanted to know how long can the vehicle run with this strong clicking sound while turning....? Can running with this, cause any potential harm to some other parts...  How critical is this...?

how long can the vehicle run with this strong clicking sound while turning....? Can running with this' date=' cause any potential harm to some other parts...  How critical is this...?

[/quote']

Or is it ok to run with this noise for some more kms...?

Well according to me you can run ur car with this noise until it starts to make this noise even while going straight or on slight turns. If it starts while going straight there are chances of axle breaking which means breakdown. So make sure you get the job done when this noise starts on slight turns..

Well according to me you can run ur car with this noise until it starts to make this noise even while going straight or on slight turns. If it starts while going straight there?are chances of axle breaking which means?breakdown.?So make sure you get the job done when this noise starts on slight turns..
Is it good option to drive the car with "that clicking noise coming only at full turns" unless it start coming while Driving Straight Too?

Any other members Backing this Solution?

I am facing same Issue with our Old Indigo LS (1,65,970kms). The noise comes from the Left Front Side while taking Right U-Turns Only.