Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

My New RE Mach 500

Hey dude!! Congratulations on the dream bike i want to own!!

and i see that you have parked it in the HP avenue, Bangalore!! Dude!! I was working there a year back :) nice to see that!!:)

Congrats!! I am a fan of Royal Enfields, though I dont own one. The road presence and the unmistakable thump sets it apart. The chrome looks super cool.

If the Machismo's get the twin spark technology, will it alter the thump from the silencer? I ask this because the Thunderbirds with Twinspark have a totally different noise.

thank you folks! Well the engine power is 23.6 bhp @ 5600 rpm & torque is 40.85 Nm @3000 rpm.. This engine pulls like a train... what makes this engine stand apart is the torque figures...as crazy cat rightly pointed it out... it is a superb highway performer... i intend to go to Leh/Ladakh on this one. I also own  a TB 07 make...

There were few oil leaks... as u wld have seen in the picture... but got it fixed...

@Geforce: If you want to get the thump exhaust note, then i would recommend the following:

1) Standard Bottle type silencer: Costs about Rs 800/- & is available at any RE Dealer.

2) Goldstar Silencer: Also called Goldie in short, this one creates a better exhaust note, but at times is a bit loud. It would cost close to about Rs 3,000/-

3) Custom Made: You can also get a custom made exhaust which can cost you anywhere between Rs 1500/- to Rs 3000/-

Ya.. was with HP for about 4 years! Not any more!! Kool bike dude! I want to get one once i am back!! How much did it cost? and the new twinspark technology does not come for the 500cc is it??

I heard the new RE is on its way. Any idea about the new one?

Gr8 to knw tht ur were an ex... well the 500cc twinspark and UCE (Unit Construction Engine) has been launched in US & UK markets. It boasts 28 bhp, this engine will be launched in the Classic which is destined to launch in the year 2010 in India. Frankly i really cldn't wait longer so therefore i went in for the 500... i also consulted the RE guyz in chennai and most of them told me to go for the Mach 500... and yeah the new bike costed me a whopping 1.16 Lacs.. by the number its a huge amount...but i personally feel that its a lesser price for a 500 CC since Karizma costs abt 88,000 /- on road b'lore (which is a 220 cc) & R15 a 150 CC costing about 1.05 Lacs...rugs_tachy2009-04-20 10:48:55

oh! 28bhp!! thats awesome amount of power between your legs!! he he he.. So it will be launched in India in 2010 sounds good for me since i am returning by that time. Hope they do not make it very expensive to buy!! Since Nano is in that range i doubt if RE would take a risk of pricing it close to the Nano. Thanks for the info bro!

Ride Safe!

From the sources of RE, i have come to know tht the Classic will cost somewhere around 1.5 Lacs... This price is very close to the base model of the Nano... But i doubt whether RE will price it lower than that of Nano... since RE is into a Niche market, where people are not relatively price sensitive... and would like to own a vehicle which is unique.