Janish

Hyundai i10 magna 1.2 or Maruti Ritz

I'm planning to buy hyundai i10 magna 1.2 kappa. My question is should i wait for maruti Ritz and which one of them is better.

The problem is that the discounts for i10 are only till april end so its difficult to wait for may (Ritz launch).

And can any1 tell me what is the expected mileage and starting price of ritz?

Hi Janish, new cars are supposedely improvements over present ones, so its wise to wait for them if one is not in a hurry! That said i10 is a good car in itself, but I would still suggest you to wait for Ritz & check it out before making your mind.

i agree with speed's comments. although the i10 kappa is a great car , it prudent to wait for some time until ritz launch and make a comparison between the two. thw ritz launch is just round the corner.

the pricing should be more or less similar with both having 1.2L engines onboard !

@sparsh

I am not too sure about the engine being underpowered part. When the engine was released the specs given made it more powerful than 1.2 kappa on paper.

@janish

I suggest you wait for the launch, test drive both of them and then decide. Ritz should be launched in the first week of may

u wud not like the ugly back of the ritz ...u will hate going for long journeys in ritz considering its foolishly small boot ( just 172l ) ...it may have same passenger space as i10 and wud be same on economy and performance ...so no sense loosing the discounts on the best hatch of the country.

u will loose nothing in waiting for the ritz...you can then evaluate both the cars according to your needs and choose the "right one"...

about discounts dont worry...recession is still not over...if the discounts finish in april they wil be back in may-june and maybe ritz might heavily dent the sales of i10 than you might have even more discounts on i10 !!!

i dont know how people like sparsh can comment on ritz even before its launched  and even before comparing the i10...completely amazing !!!!

Janish, ritz is on the cards to launch, yes the discounts on i10 is surely lurying you to go for it, if you cant wait go for kappa i10, superb car, but its wise to wait and look at new launch and then decide which one suits you.

mehul

ritz won't be able to touch i10 because it is a proven hatchback which is luxurious and fun-to drive and economical and is backed up by an excellent service. Maruti service is good but they make toota-foota cars.

mehul

ritz won't be able to touch i10 because it is a proven hatchback which is luxurious and fun-to drive and economical and is backed up by an excellent service. Maruti service is good but they make toota-foota cars.

c'mon sparsh don't take the game away from the maruti. yes i10 has proved its worth. but let atleast the ritz be launched before we give conclusions smiley2.gif.

dont write off the ritz as of now ! it is sure going to be a worthy contender !

Thank u all for?the help. Can any1 tell me what is the expected mileage of ritz??

MS will claim around 18-20 but you can expect 11-13 in the city and 14-18 on the highway

@sparshq

Why are you so anti ritz? At least give them a chance. And i would be expecting 14 in city and 18 on highway though we are no judge of that as nobody has driven the cars yet. Also I got an info from somewhere that ritz has what would be called as a hidden storage in place of spare wheel. Dont know how they have packed it so official boot size figure are less but actually its sufficient though not large

apart from the looks...ritz would be a regular marutisuzuki car with low maintainance,good mileage,and will be priced reasonably..even swift and city(previous gen) was abused and criticized by many for their looks but they changed the way we look at them..

i'm not anti ritz!!

i'm anti- MS btw!!

But even they claimed 20 for A-star but it never gives above 17-18

Dear Sparhq,

there are people, who get those figures too. Milege largely depends on the driving style!! :)