vinoth86

SX4 zxi ownership report

Introduction : First i booked swift vdi ( which i had to wait for 1 month ) and two days later changed to SX4 as it had a whole lot of equipments at a good price and finally got sunlight copper colour from ABT Maruti chennai. The car was delivered 1 week later. First 2 services over. 8000 kms done so far.

Exterior : At first i liked the styling very much but after 2 or 3 months it didn't appeal that much . I decided to add the MGA body kit which made the car look aggressive and i am loving it. Apart from a scratches on the left side, the car looks clean .

Interior: The interior looks neat but the quality is bad. I decided not to put seat covers as i like the beige seats but it gets dirty very soon and have to clean it regularly. The controls are easy to reach with out stretching. Commanding seating position ( offers great view of the road ) and the seats are very comfortable. The indicator has to be turned off manually almost everytime while turning the car as it turns off automatically only on full steering lock. The automatic climate control works fine and feels great to use but the fan sound is very annoying when running at full speed. I like the amber illumination on the speedo and the climate control illumination. The A pillar obstructs view and once on a deep right turn i coudn't see a bus approaching , i heard the horn and turned the car suddenly otherwise would have crashed. The music system sounds good only with ipod in bass booster mode. The steering mounted controls are very useful.  Very easy to get in and out of the car.    

Performance: The engine is very smooth. Steering is resposive. Overtaking , cornering are very easy. The car is stable at high speeds. The power delivery is smooth except for a initial lag . Top speed reached was 155 kmph and the car was stable. The tyres are very noisy but the handling of the car is simply awesome. The ride is bumpy. Had no issue with braking. GC is great but after adding those body kits scratched the front bumper bottom several times on steep entrance of my appartment. Haven't scratched on a speed breaker though. A/C is effective but coudn't match that of baleno(my other car). Overall the car is fun to drive especially on the highway.

FE : The FE is around 10-11

kmpl in city with A/C always at 25 C and 13 kmpl avg on the highway (best 16 kmpl).

Accessories :

MGA body kit  : Rs. 22000

Vinyl Stickering : Rs. 6500

Negatives :

Rear visibility, Fit and finish, tyre noise.

Overall : I am totally satisfied . Its extremelly good looking ( especially with body kits ) and zxi is truly value for money package.

Pictures:

front1com.jpg

siden.jpg

long.jpg

Very good review & pics. Vinoth.

SX4 is a loaded car with an attractive tag!

Handling is good due the 16" tires.

Skirting/body kit makes it look attractive.

Any problems faced with the car so far, servicing costs/experience?

Well written review and nice pics vinoth. Your SX4 looks awesome with those body kits. Well i actually thought those were bought from outside and never knew that Maruti sells body kits. Is it available for all cars? or only for SX4? The mileage you get is pretty decent, considering Chennai's traffic.

@speed . Only problem faced was with the bodykit fitting. Here they installed it for the first time on my car and the skirts were not aligned properly. After i complained some one from the bodykit manufacturing company showed up and attended the car and now its fine. So far spend only Rs 400 for some oil additive during 2 nd service other than that nothing extra.

@crazy cat. The bodykits are avaiable for swift, sx4 and zen.  Regarding mileage i dont rev it too much in the city. The worst mileage was around 9 kmpl which is the result of rash driving. But if driven properly one can get the most out of it.

Well even the new H city has spoiler and optional fog lamp check out its new Indian updated site .Coppers suits the SX4 very much and one thing which is good is due to High GC the spoilers are have enough GC but can scrape as well.

@harmony .. i am not sure about that.. .while leaving the car for service they advised me to add it and i didnt ask much questions as i was in a hurry. but its billed as BG super charge...

@rssh .. saw the honda site... city looks awesome with those kits. but i just compared the prices , it seems the front spoiler alone costs more than sx4 full spoiler kit.. also considering ANHC's GC  it will be annoying each and every time u see the expensive kit scratch the speed breaker..

thanks for suggestion .  tyres not nice.but have to wait till these tyres worn out.. the car some times looks reddish in the evening and when the sun is bright it is copper coloured... there is a great amount of variation ...

@rssh .. saw the honda site... city looks awesome with those kits. but i just compared the prices ' date=' it seems the front spoiler alone costs more than sx4 full spoiler kit.. also considering ANHC's GC  it will be annoying each and every time u see the expensive kit scratch the speed breaker.. [/quote'] Yeah! thats why the SX4 is suited for body kit any ways the city gets scratch with out spoiler alsosmiley36.gif.

hey i would suggest that you dump those lousy jk vectra tyres and get some michelin tyres...apart from that its my favourite  color in sx4 !!!!

Just curious. Exactly what how would the tyre change benefit?

well tyres make a difference.....with good quality tyres road noise will be quiet less than average quality ones...the ride will be softer and that's the difference it will make but these are some noticeable differences !!!!

ok. thanx for the info. I am planning to get a scorpio soon. It comes with either JK or bridgestones. which one is better?

Definitely Bridgestones. Bridgestones and michelin are one step above jk, mrf, apollo, and goodyear in my opinion.

I am very curious to know I havn't ever seen a 200/xx R xx kind of tyre .Anyone if this spec of tyres come or not coz I have never seen them in any ads or accessory shops.