drdonde

Comparison between U-VA, Swift and Palio

Dear All,

I am looking for a hatchback in the 4-5lakh budget. Can anyone give me the best comparison between the U-VA 1.2; Swift 1.2 LXi and Palio 1.6 Stile on the following grounds?

1. Pickup

2. Resale value (after 3 years)

3. Service/maintenance cost

4. Average with AC in city traffic

5. Ground clearance, especially in the rains

I have heard that the U-VA exhaust pipe is directed downwards, would that have any effect in the rains?

FuelRunGod2007-10-21 12:09:20

Well for pickup and performance 1.6 sitle is the best but is bitten down by poor resale and services. The Swift 1.3 LXi is good package. uva is not so popular and is somewhat costly.

find my response below

1. Pickup - fiat followed by swift - uva is underpowered

2. Resale value (after 3 years) - swift then uva - fiat will be the worst

3. Service/maintenance cost - swift then uva - fiat you will have trouble funding spares also

4. Average with AC in city traffic - shud be similar for all.

5. Ground clearance, especially in the rains - uva shud be the least

my opinion buy the swift VXi. by the way - it is 1.3 not 1.2

I hope Fiat give a mild facelift to the dash and rework on the electronic parts and put goodies like airbag and ABS when they launch the new Diesel palio .Even the Swift will suffer and I will be the first to buy 1.6 GTX sport model.

swift is the best option u have in the market as for resale value and service go's as per pick up is concerned palio 1.6 is best but look at the fuel economy u could easily buy yourself another small car in 3 years with the money u saved on fuel ,i suggest swift is the best buy for u out there

the swift is the car that fits ur requirements coz the palio has not-so-good resale value and the u-va is slightly more expensive. the swift has got sufficient ground clearance and low maintenance cost and decent re-sale value and good after sale services

Have driven U-VA... it feels fine till it reaches 60. After that it feels like eternity before you reach 100. The best parts abt UVA is it's ground clearance and ride quality and ofcourse the space. However, the back seats lack thigh support. The cabin is full of cheap plastics, especially the aircon knob and the power window switches (they are not even illuminated). The instrument cluster is hopelessly designed and is a big turn off.

Swift is very much short on space but i personally didn't find it too cramped ( iam 6'1) either in the front or the back seat because of good ergonomics. However, one could do with more space and the back seat passengers would feel claustrophobic. But apart from this it scores in all the areas.

Haven't driven the palio so cant really comment on that. I've driven the older 1.2 and it feels solid, has god build and is spacious too. But it will depreciate at the blink of your eye and I've heard abt electrical problems in the 1.6.

Hope this helps :)

Dear All' date='

I am looking for a hatchback in the 4-5lakh budget. Can anyone give me the best comparison between the U-VA 1.2; Swift 1.2 LXi and Palio 1.6 Stile on the following grounds?

1. Pickup

2. Resale value (after 3 years)

3. Service/maintenance cost

4. Average with AC in city traffic

5. Ground clearance, especially in the rains

I have heard that the U-VA exhaust pipe is directed downwards, would that have any effect in the rains?

[/quote']

After seeing what you need from your car i think its 99% advisable for you to go in for the Swift VXi it has all that you neeed , inacse you are not happy with the swift then go in for the Getz 1.1 GVS,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

Hey there! Fiat Palio Stile 1.6 will the first choice... Fiat has good plans for India (as per the interview on NDTV), so you cant actually guess the resale value after 3 years or so... Apart from that Swift cant be compared to Palio 1.6, Palio has got the best tech specs, interiors and exteriors value for money etc. ..  let me tell you Swift is INFERIOR here... yu can also consider Getz prime 1.3 too... take a test drive for Palio 1.6 and am sure yu will fall for it

does the petrol version of the swift still have any waiting time or is it on-the-spot delivery ?? if there's no waiting then, the swift is the best choice. the palio isnt that frugal and the u-va is slightly more expensive and is not that much more worth the money. maybe the discounts and al would make it a better buy, but still the swift's got better looks and handling

Between what u have as your points to consider in tht budget the Swift LXi is a good buy coz it comes with lot of goodies... its a sporty hatch and will def have a better resale value plus Maruti's tag on it will give u tht money.....

So wht r u waiting for???

Go Right Ahead and Book One Now.... and Plz upload the Pic for all of us to enjoy!!!smiley20.gif

go for the Swift but please do look at the hyundai i10 , its build quality is better it seems, also some people say the fuel economy of i10 is almos same to santro wich is around 14- 15 kmpl where as the swift petrol's FE is around 13kmpl. the i10 has got good features and you get a fully loaded i10 variant (magna) for around the price of base model swift.!,

regards,

Priya

does the petrol version of the swift still have any waiting time or is it on-the-spot delivery ?? if there's no waiting then' date=' the swift is the best choice. the palio isnt that frugal and the u-va is slightly more expensive and is not that much more worth the money. maybe the discounts and al would make it a better buy, but still the swift's got better looks and handling

[/quote']

there is no waiting period for swift petrol now... go ahead, and buy a swift Lxi

go for the Swift but please do look at the hyundai i10 ' date=' its build quality is better it seems, also some people say the fuel economy of i10 is almos same to santro wich is around 14- 15 kmpl where as the swift petrol's FE is around 13kmpl. the i10 has got good features and you get a fully loaded i10 variant (magna) for around the price of base model swift.!,

regards,

Priya
[/quote'] Hey Priya the magna Optional is priced around Swift VXi ABS.smiley3.gif