arindam_sg

Honda Civic

Any idea when Honda is re-launching the new Civic and is the new Civic going to have a better ground clearance? Its been some time since Honda has done anything with Civic. Accord keeps getting modulated, City & CRV also have seen facelifts but what about Civic?

Honda may launch it within a few months time but it will only be a minor face-lift and the Ground clearance will remain the same.

A new variant may be added though to counter Altis.tanmay872009-04-22 05:21:23

I think Honda will first launch Jazz in June and only after that will do something with Civic. Even if it takes 2 months after Jazz, then the refreshed Civic will not come before August 09.

Though there are speculation in the car market, currently there is no confirmation about the upgraded version of Civic. When Honda has rolled out the upgraded version of City and Accord, then definitely Civic will be next in the list.

Now that the Civic sales has plunged to only 223 units in May as compared to 682 of Altis, Honda may wake up and launch the new version by this year end. But it is supposed to be only a face lift and hardly any additional features are expected.

I think the civic buyer are going in for the city as 116bhp is enough for city and highway drives also city is more practical and more comfy than the low slung civic .

Agreed with Rssh, City has been stealing Civic's sales.

In same manner, Jazz might take up City's sales by a small margin but Honda doesn't have much to worry as consumer is sticking to the same brand.

Anyways being the dynamic manufacturer Honda is, updated version of Civic might be nearer than we anticipate!

My dealer call me every alternate day and ask about Jazz I had to shut him up and said I got Punto . I think Jazz has not picked up . I havn't seen a single Jazz except in showroom .

The corolla is proving more popular with tourist operator due to its practicality . I think Honda must improve on Civic and slightly increase its GC which is already very high ( the wheelbase is long so it scraps the GC is good ) .

hi guys

aci mag quote civic E MT  price nearly 11.5 -11 8 lakhs  but when i went to the dealer to buy they say it has been out off production for two monthe and will not come back ,so now if i want to own one civic i have to shell out 13.50 lakhs for the base model which is S MT .

please suggest

@Hector there is no S or E varient you will have to take the V varient only . The automatic varient of civic has suffered a lot due to city automatic mainly because it has little less power but the Fe is better and more practicle than civic.

I saw a new Civic testing on the Noida express highway

driver for sure was concious about me trying to take picture & took off on the first instance.

One change which sure was visible was the rear lights changed to LED.

The design was not changed much but for sure the car was spirited as i could not catch it in my Verna CRDi.

Also to note the badging was part hidden & part had come off. Does Civic have a "S" variant as of now. I know there is a Sport but a 1.8 S version.

If not then the new version for sure will be chrisstened that as it was clearly visible as that & yeah i am damn sure it was not the sport model rather it was the same Light blue color as comes in regular Civic & not sport.

Its a bumper and light job that we see in maruti and tata . To convert your civic into new one will be very easy break you bumper and tail lamp and here you go new civic . The civic doesn't have S varient as of now .

Finally some positive news on the facelift civic. I have been waiting for a while now. How soon do you think it will be on sale?

@hector: They would need to relaunch the S variant if they are going to compete with the Altis G. I hope they dont increase the prices after the facelift.

The top-end VMT variant would face stiff competition from the new Laura 1.8 TSI.

what good is the facelifted model if it is only a cosmetic change without any feature addition??

The new Laura petrol is a far superior option, better engine, better build quality, better stability and more VFM factor. Only worry is awful company management and dealers on service front.

Totally agreed with you, akj53n! Nowadays, mere cosmetic upgrades don't do. This trend of boosting car sles with just a facelift has been ducked since the Sumo Victa. The Laura has been my favourite sine long, and now, with the fabulous TSi motor, Skoda has taken a huge technical leap forward.

Agreed that the Civic is brilliant and thoroughly capable, but against the TSi, it loses out on performance, refinement as well as economy. May be Honda should bring in the Hybrid at the slashed rates (14 lakh) to compete with the Laura on equal terms.

Yes the facelift will not be substantial. However if you are buying the civic then you might as well buy the facelifted one. I wouldn't want to spend 15L for a car that is soon to be refreshed. I heard that the new civic will come with audio controls on the steering.