manish0_0

SIAM releases official mileage figures

No longer you have to harass your friend by asking mileage. Society of Indian Auto Manufacturers has released official mileage figures of all car models, these figures are achieved in standard test conditions.

But atleast you can use this mileage figures for reference and check your car

thanks manish but in india we dont have chevrolet tavera petrol. anyways the  figures are of ideal road conditions and not normal road conditions. the maruti swift dzire petrol cannot give a mileage of 15.9km/pl as well as honda civic and crv.. the figures quoted by SIAM looks like its for diesel versions of CRV, Civic,X3, Toyota Camry,Skoda Superbsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif..These are misleading figures and far more then what car dealer's suggest!!!!smiley26.gifsmiley26.gifsmiley29.gifsmiley21.gifsmiley23.gif. Please SIAM  give us the real world fuel economy figures like the fuel economy tests conducted by automotive magazines like Autocarindia,Overdrive, BSMotoring etc..

so whats the point stating the figures if they are not tested in indian roads??? its utterly baseless for india because in other european and other countries fuel quality is way much better than in india as a result cars give better mileage... and the most important part people wants to know the fuel efficiency in indian road conditions(real world test) than wait for standard conditions because these are tested at test tracks like VRDE and not tested in congested city  cycles and highways. Like in US all carmakers give fuel efficiency figures of actual road conditions and not of standard road conditions because factors like weather, road infrastructure, road gradient are taken into account while testing fuel efficiency.

Its a step in the right direction, but the figures seem highly exaggerated for some, even the ARAI data seems dicey!

I prefer to stick to our own ACI's superb fuel efficacy data.

my friends A-star never does more than 16 kms to a litre.

The A-star delivered 33.15kmpl in Mileage Rally held at Pune. For proof check the 17th April 2009 Issue of Times of India (Pune Mirror).

Any comments on this will be appreciated.

@ sudeepd .....but that is not in normal conditions,is it??..even sedans like fiesta and verna(both diesel) delivers 38+kmpl...but there are certain condition for it!!which we can't qualify for our cars to be efficient !!

@ sudeepd .....but that is not in normal conditions' date='is it??.[/quote'] I dont know about the conditions where the car was tested during rally.

The mileage one gets largely depends on the driving style. So if we drive smoothly, we can even get mileage figures better than SIAM ratings. I know people who get consistent mileage of 22-23kmpl for maruti Alto during highway driving; whereas SIAM say its around 18+ kmpl only.

I am not very sure of the A-star mileage figures, but think that, it can return better mileage than Maruti Alto, since it uses a new-gen engine.